Ultra rares again?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Ultra rares again?

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 pm

@Patel I mean like, I don’t think any “ultra rares” should really carry bonuses to out weigh the current BIS gear because then it’s more of a p2w feelings I suppose. And you are also right about legends, I guess I’m basing my thoughts on prices considering the current in game prices. Maybe lower wooden to 50K and put legends at 75K? Again would like to hear some input from @Rapsey

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:58 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 pm @Patel I mean like, I don’t think any “ultra rares” should really carry bonuses to out weigh the current BIS gear because then it’s more of a p2w feelings I suppose. And you are also right about legends, I guess I’m basing my thoughts on prices considering the current in game prices. Maybe lower wooden to 50K and put legends at 75K? Again would like to hear some input from @Rapsey
Putting legends at 75k is way too low and would piss off anyone with a legends cape currently. That's the issue with the cape. Apron for example is/was less rare and could have a reasonable price in the donor shop without pissing off current owners of the item. Grain wasn't ingame anymore due to it being on banned accounts or being sold off to Rapsey and Mike for a reasonable offer.

Considering some with legends wont want to sell theirs and Rapsey and Mike wont forcefully take it (as that'd be a dick move even though they can and have justified reason), legends cape is sort of a lost cause.

I just find it funny since people wouldn't give a shit about legends cape if it wasn't discontinued and worth a lot. Sure, lots will plead "but muh fashionscape. I'd totally wear it!?!??" but that's just BS because they cant look beyond the value of the item. But really the only value it has is the fact that it's a WEARABLE discontinued item and making them less rare or at this stage even screw with the price will just make them not as cool as they are perceived to be now.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:06 am

Lieven wrote:Rapsey and Mike wont forcefully take it (as that'd be a dick move even though they can and have justified reason)
There’s like 5 people with legends that hardly log on. Piss off a few, appease the masses. Throw 3T ticks on their account and move on imo.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:59 am

Slap a ho wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:06 amPiss off a few, appease the masses. Throw 3T ticks on their account and move on imo.
And have Tom Brady v2?

Forcing players has also mostly been out of question for Raosey (and Mike) as far as I can remember.

Personally I dont care too much about this situation but the solution definitely isnt doing it by force. Also note that this discussion was sparked by someone with lots of credits ready to strike and get the lions share of GP., so the intent was already pretty bad to begin with lol

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:25 am

Lieven wrote:And have Tom Brady v2?
Yeah, fuck it why not. I mean it wasn’t that bad. Yeah he was upset over and still is, but he’s pretty much over it too. He didn’t play and his case was more on the sentimental side of things. Anyone with a legends now didn’t receive them from Hamade for being the punching bag. It’s hard to compare Tom’s case to everyone else.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 am

Ely wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm Releasing rares was originally aimed at giving players the chance to obtain something that unless they win trills staking, was impossible. With this current set-up, we’re only giving items to players who have substantial amounts of wealth.
What exacrly are you referring to when you say it was originally aimed at giving regular players a chance to obtain something that would be impossible to get unless you win trills staking?

In my mind there are two era's of how new ultra-rares were released.

The old way: made available only to a selected few, in one of three ways:
  • Given as random gifts by admins and supers (because items which weren't in the game were not thought of as having eco-value)
  • Sold for a fraction of their value as a custom donation (because, again, they never predicted the ridiculous amounts of money other players would pay for them)
  • Obtained through bugs by a lucky few (back then there were no logs or eco scans so there was no way to find and confiscate them)
Either way,, it's not like anyone else had a chance at them. Only the few that had friends in high places, good bargaining skills at custom donations or the luck to find them through a glitch and get away with it. For the record the vast majority fell into the laps of a few bug abusers. Everyone who obtained one of these golden eggs got it at little to no cost. Not exactly fair.

The new way: we sell them in the donator shop along with tradeable credits. This has also never been about giving anyone a chance at an out-of-their-league rare. Instead of just giving players massive chunks of wealth (regardless of how they are chosen) we decided to make the item's value work to our advantage. These items are always going to be the ultimate veteran money-sink. We can't really change that without destroying the whole concept of ultra-rares, but we can benefit from it. In a way it seems fitting that the strongest shoulders (or the richest players) help carry the load, and these items are the perfect tool for it, without taking anything away from what they always have been (as I think the aprons have proven).

In this way every new rare that gets released directly contributes towards our funding, which helps everyone by keeping the server alive. And it really does help a lot. I ran the sales figures on the donator shop earlier this week and despite looking at the past 5 months totalled, those 10 aprons were still the second best selling thing in terms of credits. They make a major contribution in keeping PkHonor going despite the shrinkage in playerbase (and with it, donations).

All in all, I think this new way is a lot more fair and socially responsible than the old one.

But in a way you are right, we also wanted to give people a chance at obtaining them. Specifically we wanted to avoid the situation where they are all hoarded and it is now impossible to get one. This is more our reason for releasing new ones at all, irrespective of how we ended up doing that.

If it does happen that someone instantly buys them all and then hoards them or sells them at extortion prices then we would take steps to counter that. Maybe instead of being stock-limited we'll change to time-limited sales. Either way, that's not what we're going for and while we're not going to make this illegal we're also not going to let it become the meta for these sales.

Now as for the rest of this discussion, yes more will come in the near future but I'm afraid I cannot say what or how much until the formal announcement. That being said this discussion is proving most useful in helping us decide that so please, by all means continue. :)

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:45 am

Rapsey wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:26 am
  • Given as random gifts by admins and supers (because items which weren't in the game were not thought of as having eco-value)
When do I get mine?

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:11 am

@Rapsey excellent insight, also I think having a timed release is a great idea compared to limiting it, maybe 1-2 weeks would be sufficient

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:48 am

I think it'd be pretty fun too if there were 1 or 2 ultra-rares released a year in some form of lottery. Two ideas for this:

1) Not a money-based lottery, but some sort of action based lottery (like an event) to prevent rich players just buying on a bunch of accounts. Sure, players could still use more than one but they wouldn't be able to spam that ability either. Would/should take time

2) The winner of the regular lottery has {1/average number of lotteries the previous year} chance of getting an ultra rare. But this still kind of favors rich players

Tom brady
Premium Donator

Post by Tom brady » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:55 am

Lieven wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:59 am
Slap a ho wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:06 amPiss off a few, appease the masses. Throw 3T ticks on their account and move on imo.
And have Tom Brady v2?

Forcing players has also mostly been out of question for Raosey (and Mike) as far as I can remember.

Personally I dont care too much about this situation but the solution definitely isnt doing it by force. Also note that this discussion was sparked by someone with lots of credits ready to strike and get the lions share of GP., so the intent was already pretty bad to begin with lol
I got 0 compensation for my Addy t

If I got 3t ticks I would’ve been far less pissed off about it LMFAO

Not like what I did is even a big deal or relevant to this discussion. Fairly compensate owners of ultra rares when taking them, don’t blindly yoink them and expect them to be okay with it.
FRO TIME :afro:
OPRAH!