Ultra rares again?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Ultra rares again?

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:58 pm

Hey so can we get another ultra rare in donator shop again? I think it’s been about 6 months since apron was in there. Also I don’t think that white apron should be put in again or it will cause it to lose all of its current value, I think the 5-6 months it’s been has been a sufficient amount of time aswell considering there are quite a few rares that could possibly be added?

A few suggestions

Wooden - 75K credits
Grain - 50K credits
Legends - 125K credits
Dragon kite shield - 75K credits

Maybe even think about putting a quantity of 5 with having two different options to buy such as there is 5 legends and 5 grains in shop rather then 10x of 1 item.

Nazuths
Developer

Re: Ultra rares again?

Post by Nazuths » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 pm

I don't mind new ultra rares but the prices you give seem a bit odd.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Nazuths wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:58 pm I don't mind new ultra rares but the prices you give seem a bit odd.
These are just ball park prices, And maybe I should have explained why I’m thinking they are fair..

Wooden - 75K credits - it costs more then white apron which was previously 50K credits. And 100K credits is to much.

Grain - 50K credits - was previously put in for 50K credits then lowered by 5K for the anniversary of pkh.

Legends - 125K credits - this is my suggested price because it’s one of if not the most expensive and sought after rares, however at 125K credits regular people can still afford to donate for it and it won’t just be top 10 richest in-game trying to compete to buy donor credits.
Dragon kite shield - 75K credits - this will be a new ultra rare with non currently in-game and hopefully no more released for 2-3years to follow after the release. I figured 75K would be fair.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Sounds like you have some tickets to spend.

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm

I mean its been around 4 months, 3 if you go off the sale of the last one. Personally, I’m not against the sale of rares, but it seems pointless to put them in the shop, especially if the standard donation credit is to be used to buy them. If we look at the last few months, the price of credits is artificial, everyone’s just been stock piling credits at 3m, because no situation will equal you losing money. Anything you buy will sell for over 150b, meaning the only people profiting are the ones who’s stockpiled credits.
Because of this, you have well over 600k credits waiting to be spent as soon as the items get added into the shop. Releasing rares was originally aimed at giving players the chance to obtain something that unless they win trills staking, was impossible. With this current set-up, we’re only giving items to players who have substantial amounts of wealth.

That’s just my view, and I don’t think the current donation system is perfect, especially when one or two players already have enough credits to instantly buy all the new cosmetic items, leaving none for anyone else. This is also stupid, especially if the next item is new. You would be giving players who have enough credits to buy the entire stock free market dominance.

Sure you could argue players buying up credits over the last few months has increased donations, by offering 3m+, as opposed to the standard 2.4m you would’ve received if rares had never been re-announced.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:25 am

Tezey wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 pm Sounds like you have some tickets to spend.
I do not, however I made 200K over the past 6 months and wouldn’t mind donating a few hundred to the server to support and also get myself a shiny ultra rare

@Ely
I definitely agree with you, I think we’re in a weird situation now,

Option 1) ultra rare is added to shop, people who stock piled 500K credits can now pratically buy entire release and it defeats the purpose of releasing for regular players

Option 2) they are sold for a cash only value but then people who stock piled these credits trying to “think ahead” now feel like they get shafted.

However I do feel like at the end of the day it’s all in support of the server, maybe a happy medium could be reached like having 5 forsale for a cash only value, then also having 5 in the donator shop? I feel like @Rapsey or @Patel would have a better insight on this and maybe an alternative option

Iron blazin
Premium Donator

Post by Iron blazin » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:16 am

Support for these rares to be added

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:25 am I do not, however I made 200K over the past 6 months and wouldn’t mind donating a few hundred to the server to support and also get myself a shiny ultra rare
cringe

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi, i racked up a bunch of credits allowing me to buy out a bunch of discontinued rares if they are in the donator store again. Please add them so I can make gp!

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:25 am Maybe Rapsey or Patel would have a better insight on this and maybe an alternative option
Do you mean demon kiteshield or dragon kiteshield? If dragon, then like go for it. But it's also way overpriced.

If you mean demon kiteshield, it's underpriced for sure.

I'm not too much of an expert here. I'll say that the demon kite seems relatively too low, considering that it all but doesn't even exist at this point and was one of the first customs to phase out. It's also one of the coolest and has actual stats (outright better than divine and ely statwise).

In a server where we've done a lot to minimize the "custom RSPS" vibe, the things that are totally custom should be rare and distinguished.

By this logic I also think Legends is way overpriced. It was never meant to climb into the trillions, I feel like that ought to be reserved for actual "custom" items. Not just one-offs that are otherwise normal to see in Runescape and other rsps's.