Advertisement for Pkhonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Patel
Advisor

Re: Advertisement for Pkhonor

Post by Patel » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:12 am

I see a lot of "all or nothing" in this conversation. As if being #1 on a toplist or having the most prominent banner or being in a top Youtuber's video is legitimately the only conceivable way to advertise the server, and anything less is negligible. This isn't true. If calculus has taught me anything, it's that even infinitesimals add up.

While I certainly agree that directed efforts in large scale advertisements tend to be the most effective, I do want to propose that we also give attention to a less attention-grabbing form of advertisement that will add up over time.

Example)

Participating in the RSPS community at large and keeping PkHonor's name in the conversation. People may downvote, call you idiots, or say "bleh". But reminding people that PkHonor exists is a necessary precondition to getting them to play it in the first place. "There's no such thing as bad advertisement," as they say. (Not that I'm advocating for the negatives, or that we will even be criticized every time. It'll happen here and there because we've just been around for so damn long).

If you mention PkHonor in a hot topic on Runelocus or Rune-Server, those who had tried it or moved on may not care too much for it the first time they see it. But if even one person decides it's worth their time (whether they be returning or new) then that's a huge plus. If we keep on mentioning it, even those who ignored it/criticized it in the first post could gradually be drawn to the idea of atleast giving it a shot.

Note: I'm not saying advertise it like monkeys (but I'm not against that either). I'm saying just talk about it as if it is a part of any relevant conversation. Put it in your signatures on those forums. Etc. Don't tell people it's worth their time, act like it is.

If enough people do this, it's bound to make an impact over time. A few people over a long period is good enough.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 am

The underdog wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:01 pm Jeez just get a bunch of spam bots on osrs and done.
I agree lets do this. If ramsey writes a bot for us we can all help out.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Iron adam wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 am
The underdog wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:01 pm Jeez just get a bunch of spam bots on osrs and done.
Why don't you just go hold a sign out by the highway that says some stuff about the server and has the link...

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Monys wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm
Iron adam wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 am
Why don't you just go hold a sign out by the highway that says some stuff about the server and has the link...
You think he's allowed to go outside on his own? :lol:

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:03 am

Iron blazin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:47 pm This game is not gona be anything in a view months.
The only thing that keeps this game going is the 10 year old veterans, honestly; no advertisment, no updates, yea this wont take long before it’s going to shutdown, anyone thinking else is just plain stupid.
I don't agree that the game will shut down anytime soon, I do agree that it's only 10 year vets playing now but I don't think that that will kill the game
the only reason rsps's are surviving now is because of the vets that don't want to play the real game.
The only solution I see is to get more players and the only real way to do that is to advertise but I would say it's not worth it tbh, nobody looks at toplists anymore

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Iron adam wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:06 pm
Lieven wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Monys wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm

You think he's allowed to go outside on his own? :lol:
fuck you
l0000000000000l

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:13 pm

Lmfaoo

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:25 pm

I think I brought this up back in the good ol' days. I got an add for another rsps first in a youtube add and then on facebook. I thought we could do something simillar but I don't think anyone caught on to it. Advertise through google/facebook shouldn't be too expensive? And it gets targeted to rs players.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:48 pm

Tezey wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:25 pm I think I brought this up back in the good ol' days. I got an add for another rsps first in a youtube add and then on facebook. I thought we could do something simillar but I don't think anyone caught on to it. Advertise through google/facebook shouldn't be too expensive? And it gets targeted to rs players.
Mhm I keep getting an ad for an rsps with that crab rave music on it lmao. To reach maybe ~10K people on Facebook and/or Youtube really shouldn't be expensive and might be worth more than paying vote sites for a feature or w.e