The Future of Pkhonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Re: The Future of Pkhonor

Post by Thierryu1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:44 am

Nolan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:21 am Y'all act like it's never been reset before. It had in 2008/2009.

Player counts were already plummeted to 10-20 players online before that though. It took a few months but once the ads rolled out PkHonor blew up. Good management can reset a game with few problems so long as they continue to work hard to grow the server(the right way).
Bro you are prehistoric.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Nolan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:21 am Y'all act like it's never been reset before. It had in 2008/2009.

Player counts were already plummeted to 10-20 players online before that though. It took a few months but once the ads rolled out PkHonor blew up. Good management can reset a game with few problems so long as they continue to work hard to grow the server(the right way).
Hello my love

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 am

If we get to that point, I'd honestly say it's worth just creating a new world. Change a (few) fundamental aspect(s) of it as to not totally render the current one inert, but also snag the benefits of a "reset" in a fair basis where we can advertise a new beginning. Like I said, everyone's been here already. If there's something new they'll atleast pass by again, with the option of of having the old back as well.

Tbt Nolan #1 on highschores

Dr phyll
Premium Donator

Post by Dr phyll » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Patel wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 am

If we get to that point, I'd honestly say it's worth just creating a new world. Change a (few) fundamental aspect(s) of it as to not totally render the current one inert, but also snag the benefits of a "reset" in a fair basis where we can advertise a new beginning. Like I said, everyone's been here already. If there's something new they'll atleast pass by again, with the option of of having the old back as well.

I also think this is a great idea, I don’t believe It would “split” our current playerbase either like a few might try to argue.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Dr phyll wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:33 pm
Patel wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:54 am

I also think this is a great idea, I don’t believe It would “split” our current playerbase either like a few might try to argue.
The argument about a split playerbase was when people had suggested adding a second world, not creating an entirely new singular one.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:04 pm

It would split the player base. The only way resetting and/or creating a new world makes any sense is if we got completely updated to all the current osrs content. That's not going to happen.
Most people that play pkhonor aren't looking for something new. They like the fact that they can go a month without logging in to find that their account is still there.
A reset would make the remaining veterans quit. Unless we make radical changes that will bring an influx of players, there is literally no point in doing a reset.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Iron adam wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:04 pm It would split the player base. The only way resetting and/or creating a new world makes any sense is if we got completely updated to all the current osrs content. That's not going to happen.
Most people that play pkhonor aren't looking for something new. They like the fact that they can go a month without logging in to find that their account is still there.
A reset would make the remaining veterans quit. Unless we make radical changes that will bring an influx of players, there is literally no point in doing a reset.

That was the point though. If we're back to 10-20 players again then while we risk losing some vets with the addition of a "fresh start" world, we for sure risk losing everyone by maintaining the status quo. At 10-20 online most of the people are already gone, It was a speculative statement.

Dr phyll
Premium Donator

Post by Dr phyll » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Patel wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 pm
Iron adam wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:04 pm It would split the player base. The only way resetting and/or creating a new world makes any sense is if we got completely updated to all the current osrs content. That's not going to happen.

That was the point though. If we're back to 10-20 players again then while we risk losing some vets with the addition of a "fresh start" world, we for sure risk losing everyone by maintaining the status quo. At 10-20 online most of the people are already gone, It was a speculative statement.
I’m still kind of confused on what you’re suggesting, are you suggesting a new world like morph where people just have a “fresh” eco or are you suggesting another downloadable client like pkhv2? (Or you choose v1 / v2 in the same client window but playing on different worlds? @Patel

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Dr phyll wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 pm I’m still kind of confused on what you’re suggesting, are you suggesting a new world like morph where people just have a “fresh” eco or are you suggesting another downloadable client like pkhv2? (Or you choose v1 / v2 in the same client window but playing on different worlds? @Patel
Still wanna raise the point that this is a worst case scenario. It is not where PkHonor currently is and isn't something that needs to be seriously considered. It's merely an idea.

Anyways, I was referring to the latter - with a fresh eco and whatnot on a separate 'world'. This is just an option for a server that is more or less existing on the backburner and sparsely populated by old time players who are in and out.

If the desire to "revive" a server in such a state is present, then either you do something radical with the current version or start fresh. Given that we choose to start fresh, I'm saying we don't have to sacrifice the current version. The old version could be kept while a new world is publicized, advertised, and given full attention/development time.

There are a fair number of issues that we can't retroactively fix because they'd come at the cost of the progress existing players have made. Without a cost for an existing playerbase, features could be amended to correct for past mistakes and a more self-consistent version of the server could be the "v2". The old server would be kept alive for purely sentimental reasons, unless the tides of fate somehow directed all of the traffic back to the old server.

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:53 am

PkHonor's future lies in renewable energy.