Clue scroll caskets - Hit or miss?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Nazuths
Developer

Re: Clue scroll caskets - Hit or miss?

Post by Nazuths » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:29 pm

Respire1337 wrote:When one of the developers has to make an official suggestion on forums and has to say stuff like "let's make x thing better", you know that the problem is found higher.
It's not an official suggestion, it's in the discussion section to hear out the community's opinion on the matter

Pvm onor
Rookie

Post by Pvm onor » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Years and years ago, way before masters came into the game, elites would sell for 900m maybe 1.1b if you're lucky. Back then divines use sell for 3/4b, bandos sorta went up and down from being 2b a set to 4b a set and the list can go on forever. But now you go kill corp and get a divine sigil it barely sells for 1b, dragon claws 900m, bandos 1.3b a piece and those items are a big part of pking/pvming. One of the issues is years ago we had x4 the players back then what we did now a 50 player community cannot support a eco thats been around for 10 years+ that use to have 150+ players as a minimum. Another issue is as of right now the drop tables are stupid imagine a 1/333 drop rate for a item worth 1b or worth 20m :D
you can make more money killing elfs for n hour whilst not looking at your screen then you would at most bosses on here. Elites shouldnt become untradeable like Naz said they're a money sink if you were to buy one elite from the g.e and get 4m and some rocktails thats pretty much a 2b loss and like Naz said it gives a reason for people to actually enter the wildy which is always a good thing. The issues arent elites itself its the drop rates around all bosses and the player count imo.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Pvm onor wrote:Elites shouldnt become untradeable like Naz said they're a money sink if you were to buy one elite from the g.e and get 4m and some rocktails thats pretty much a 2b loss
Definitely not a money sink lmao. The items are being exchanged between players. No money is leaving the game when these items are exchanged.
Pvm onor wrote:But now you go kill corp and get a divine sigil it barely sells for 1b
This is because of the changes made so the divine acts like an ely in PvP. As soon as that change happened, divines crashed.
Pvm onor wrote:Another issue is as of right now the drop tables are stupid imagine a 1/333 drop rate for a item worth 1b or worth 20m :D
you can make more money killing elfs for n hour whilst not looking at your screen then you would at most bosses on here.
Wrong again. It’s been proven many, many times that elf’s are significantly less profit/hr than any mainstream boss. Why do you keep saying shit that’s simply not true?
Pvm onor wrote:The issues arent elites itself its the drop rates around all bosses and the player count imo.
The drop rates are similar to OSRS. What are you proposing be done to them? Raise them from 1/333 to 1/3333?

Scrap iron
Premium Donator

Post by Scrap iron » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:48 pm

Thoby wrote:So, I have been discussing clue scroll caskets lately- and I am starting to feel like they are actually hurting the game.
I am solely refering to the fact that they're tradeable, instead of untradeable.

So, hear me out-

Back in the day the best drop you could get from PvM would be the unique items dropped by that monster: Bandos equipment from Graardor, Armadyl pieces from Kree'arra, etc.
However, clue scrolls have changed this. Now, the best thing you can hope for is a clue scroll, which - when obtaining an Elite - is sold for a safe 1.5b - 2b.
Compared to the other drops from the monsters, this is a huge amount of value for a non-unique drop. Especially when dropped by monsters in a whole different tier.

I understand that this is nice if you have a 100b+ bank and its merely adding to the total.
But when looking at newer players, who might've just gotten an Elite from Barrows: they simply skipped through the game.
They now have 1.5b - 2b, which really gives them a flying start. They don't really have to go to Godwars, cause well, they just obtained themselves bandos equipment anyways, so there isn't really a point.
That drop, from a monster that isn't supposed to blatently drop items worth 2b, just took away from a lot of potential gameplay.

I'm not saying that we should remove the caskets. But I'm petitioning to make them untradeable. This would stop players from just selling them for hard cash, and open them instead!
Try their luck, and they might get 800m+ nonetheless. But it has a surprise factor to it. It is way more exciting than A) either selling it for 2b or B) open 250 caskets for a magic stone.

In my mind clue scrolls should be something fun to complete, and where you are happy with the rewards. Instead of just seeing it as a coin drop with ~6 steps.

So I'm actually just trying to get your opinion: what does the community think about this?
I'm not making this a yes-or-no thing. I simply want the opinion ;)
Oh, and try to relate to a new player. Looking at content from a new-player perspective is something we, myself included, haven't done in a while.
Not going to back read so someone may have said something similar to this already. I don’t think there is a problem with tradable caskets at all. I actually think your idea of what happens when a new person gets a casket and sells for 1-2b just isn’t true, and ideas like this are could be very detrimental to private servers. Sometimes people forget why we play on a private server to start with. For me someone that hasn’t played RS since before the current version of OSRS was a thing, I play private servers, because of tiresome slow tedious account progression. The problem you are overlooking is the reason people would rather sell, than open in the first place. When I get an elite casket as a new player or an old player there should be a good dilemma there, and not because of mstone alone. Currently, that’s pretty much it. Sell this for 2b or chance at mstone.

So I’m a new person what literally is going to happen, is that I’m going to ask someone should “I open elite casket”. The person going to say heck yeah you can get a mstone and get 250B! So I’m going to open the next 1-3 and get bullshit right. So after getting shit on, the 4th one is getting sold 100%. Need to be improving upon not taking away. People getting a lucky bump at the start will literally encourage more play, rather than not. Think about it. A new guy comes and gets lucky enough to get 1-2B. What’s he/she going to do then? Quit? Now don’t get me wrong. This isn’t me saying people should be showered with everything. I’m just saying this topic should be mute. The problem is within what you can get from clues, not that you can trade them.

Pvm onor
Rookie

Post by Pvm onor » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Pvm onor wrote:Elites shouldnt become untradeable like Naz said they're a money sink if you were to buy one elite from the g.e and get 4m and some rocktails thats pretty much a 2b loss
Definitely not a money sink lmao. The items are being exchanged between players. No money is leaving the game when these items are exchanged.
Pvm onor wrote:But now you go kill corp and get a divine sigil it barely sells for 1b
This is because of the changes made so the divine acts like an ely in PvP. As soon as that change happened, divines crashed.
Pvm onor wrote:Another issue is as of right now the drop tables are stupid imagine a 1/333 drop rate for a item worth 1b or worth 20m :D
you can make more money killing elfs for n hour whilst not looking at your screen then you would at most bosses on here.
Wrong again. It’s been proven many, many times that elf’s are significantly less profit/hr than any mainstream boss. Why do you keep saying shit that’s simply not true?
Pvm onor wrote:The issues arent elites itself its the drop rates around all bosses and the player count imo.
The drop rates are similar to OSRS. What are you proposing be done to them? Raise them from 1/333 to 1/3333?
My mistake yeah I didnt even think about that yeah elites arent a money sink my apologies.

Well I mean sure if you have complete max chaos comp torva souls everything yeah sure it is. Bosses like bandos kree,k'rll kq,dags, shamans, glacors, n zulrah typically will not make you more money than killing elfs. If im 100% focused I can make guaranteed 700m+ at elfs with basic gear. Unless you get extremely lucky ( And we are on about new/semi players) you will never make more money doing some bosses because one the drop tables considering the value of the items are a bit much and secondly theyre too hard haha.

And I wasnt suggesting making the drop tables harder if anything they should either have new content added to the drop tables, slightly nerf the drop tables, or nerf some of the bosses like the godwars bosses and kq because they shouldnt be as hard as they're too hard for new/ semi players.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Pvm onor wrote:Unless you get extremely lucky ( And we are on about new/semi players) you will never make more money doing some bosses because one the drop tables considering the value of the items are a bit much and secondly theyre too hard haha.
Rapsey wrote:Kalphite Queen: 50 kills/hour * (180B / 10,000 kills) = 900M/hour
K'ril Tsutsaroth: 70 kills/hour * (178.5B / 10,000 kills) = 1250M/hour
General Graardor: 67.5 kills/hour * (158B / 10,000 kills) = 1067M/hour
Chaos Elemental: 62.5 kills/hour * (160B / 10,000 kills) = 1000M/hour
King Black Dragon: 73 kills/hour * (120.5B / 10,000 kills) = 880M/hour
Pvm onor wrote: I wonder how much money you would make from 10k elfs, I reckon you'd make more from elfs you would from most bosses on here.
36B, not even close. ;)
Tbf, you don't have the data to support your claims. Maybe Rapsey will provide it for you.

How long do new players actually stay new players? What's the average time played to go from subpar gear at mith drags to decent gear for bandos? 50 hours? Getting 2-3 elites from mith drags doesn't accelerate your "new player experience" that much.

Scrap iron
Premium Donator

Post by Scrap iron » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:18 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
How long do new players actually stay new players? What's the average time played to go from subpar gear at mith drags to decent gear for bandos? 50 hours? Getting 2-3 elites from mith drags doesn't accelerate your "new player experience" that much.
Really doesn't you need much more unless you get everything for yourself.

Googlestar
Novice

Post by Googlestar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:15 am

Slap a ho wrote:
Pvm onor wrote:Unless you get extremely lucky ( And we are on about new/semi players) you will never make more money doing some bosses because one the drop tables considering the value of the items are a bit much and secondly theyre too hard haha.
Rapsey wrote:Kalphite Queen: 50 kills/hour * (180B / 10,000 kills) = 900M/hour
K'ril Tsutsaroth: 70 kills/hour * (178.5B / 10,000 kills) = 1250M/hour
General Graardor: 67.5 kills/hour * (158B / 10,000 kills) = 1067M/hour
Chaos Elemental: 62.5 kills/hour * (160B / 10,000 kills) = 1000M/hour
King Black Dragon: 73 kills/hour * (120.5B / 10,000 kills) = 880M/hour
Pvm onor wrote: I wonder how much money you would make from 10k elfs, I reckon you'd make more from elfs you would from most bosses on here.
36B, not even close. ;)
Tbf, you don't have the data to support your claims. Maybe Rapsey will provide it for you.

They’re the most unrealistic results that you can get, no way in hell unless you’re in super super max are you getting nearly 70 kills n hour at bandos because of one you’re waiting like wha 15 seconds maybe more the bandos to respawn and number two it took me maybe 15 minutes to kill 10 bandos on a slayer task with torva souls and also with a honor account. Also the elf’s statement is pretty obvious by the time you killed 10k elf’s you would of only killed maybe 500 at the highest and you would only kill that in compete max but then again not every single player has come capes torva etc. Also you could go hours without seeing a drop due to the drop rates, but at elf’s or even Barrie’s or frosts you will make guaranteed money without needing max gear.

Slap a ho
Champion

Post by Slap a ho » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:07 am

Googlestar wrote:They’re the most unrealistic results that you can get, no way in hell unless you’re in super super max are you getting nearly 70 kills n hour at bandos
Idk what criteria was used to determine the data. You’ll have to ask Rapsey. I’m just providing the facts my dude, and whether you like it or not, these are the facts.