Welcome to PkHonor

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Welcome to PkHonor

Post by Iron adam » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:30 pm

Natte droom wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:
Its flat wrote:I think the problem is that our marketing strategy needs a complete total revamp.
I’m inclined to agree with most of what you said. Poorly coordinated effort in keeping our marketing advertisement current with the game. There’s plenty of companies that blew up strictly to proper marketing, and they had shit product to offer. The better you market your product to your customers, the more customers you’ll attract and have talking about your product.

We should update our marketing literature and keep it up to date.
IIRC Ely was going to get vids going on the official PKH channel but due to miscommunications and no responses given to him it just died.

Idk why we're not using talented people like him and Ryker to get word of the server out there. I'm sure it's not a matter of them not wanting to do it lol
We got lots of videos done from a few content creators but Billy telk us no. So none got posted, content creators got pissed, and the effort died. A big problem we have always had is being too picky and too meticulous about stuff. I understand the desire to perfect every little thing. But at some point you have to accept that you can’t be perfect at everything.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:21 am

I said if before and i’ll Say it again, the only way the server will thrive again is an eco-reset. You’ll lose a few vet’s who bank stand with their 5t bank and maybe 2-3 active vets that play but in return you’ll gain hundreds of active players. Owners need to put their ego aside in regards to “we’ve been open 10 years without a restart” there is Sooo much content from the point of login until ench comp. then there is nothing.

There should be things like pvm leaderboards so whoever does more damage pvming bosses EACH WEEK gets a nice hefty reward, a PvP reward, a bounty hunter reward, a skilling reward. All of these should have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes. It can be expanded to have a 1 week leaderboard for an “ok” reward then a 1 month board for an amazing reward. There should be a QOL update minimum once a week (you’ve got 2 developers and Mike who codes u can make this happen) there should be SOOO many other things added to the game. And read this VERY closely. NONE of those updates of ANY updates will save the server if it is NOT restarted. Everything will be dead content because the majority of players now have comp’ed and any updates that come out get camped fast af. People had the new skilling pets within a couple days of release.

The eco is to flooded with items from when the server had 150+ active players 24/7. There is no item or gp sink big enough to reverse 10 years of pvm drops.

All of these pvm updates that are being released will nearly be a waste of time because there is such a lack of a player base to enjoy it. Rather then release it & have a reset at the same time so then there would be a race and a great thriving eco.

Could you imagine the player base to come from that? Best coded raids 2, fully updated PvP, capable of pking from log-in, and everything else currently in game that makes the server great? Would easily be top 3 servers again and see such an active player count.

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:45 am

Will be ok2 wrote:I said if before and i’ll Say it again, the only way the server will thrive again is an eco-reset. You’ll lose a few vet’s who bank stand with their 5t bank and maybe 2-3 active vets that play but in return you’ll gain hundreds of active players. Owners need to put their ego aside in regards to “we’ve been open 10 years without a restart” there is Sooo much content from the point of login until ench comp. then there is nothing.

There should be things like pvm leaderboards so whoever does more damage pvming bosses EACH WEEK gets a nice hefty reward, a PvP reward, a bounty hunter reward, a skilling reward. All of these should have 1st, 2nd, 3rd place prizes. It can be expanded to have a 1 week leaderboard for an “ok” reward then a 1 month board for an amazing reward. There should be a QOL update minimum once a week (you’ve got 2 developers and Mike who codes u can make this happen) there should be SOOO many other things added to the game. And read this VERY closely. NONE of those updates of ANY updates will save the server if it is NOT restarted. Everything will be dead content because the majority of players now have comp’ed and any updates that come out get camped fast af. People had the new skilling pets within a couple days of release.

The eco is to flooded with items from when the server had 150+ active players 24/7. There is no item or gp sink big enough to reverse 10 years of pvm drops.

All of these pvm updates that are being released will nearly be a waste of time because there is such a lack of a player base to enjoy it. Rather then release it & have a reset at the same time so then there would be a race and a great thriving eco.

Could you imagine the player base to come from that? Best coded raids 2, fully updated PvP, capable of pking from log-in, and everything else currently in game that makes the server great? Would easily be top 3 servers again and see such an active player count.

I would actually support this, and not support this at the same time.

Yes, a eco reset (waiting to get struck by lightning) would put everyone on an even playing field and allow new players joining the excitement of being on that even field. Prices wouldn't be fixed anymore, items could fluctuate. It would bring back those feelings of "fuck yeah I got XXXXX". Personally, I would love it, but I think I would be one of the few.

But the way I read what you wrote, this would include skills as well, (with you mentioning comp) and I don't know about that. SO many people that have put upwards of 700hrs on a account, just for it to be wiped clean..... damn.

Welcome to a mass exodus of players, and then where are you until this influx of brand new people? You're left with a dead server still.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:03 am

Cancerstick wrote:

I would actually support this, and not support this at the same time.

Yes, a eco reset (waiting to get struck by lightning) would put everyone on an even playing field and allow new players joining the excitement of being on that even field. Prices wouldn't be fixed anymore, items could fluctuate. It would bring back those feelings of "fuck yeah I got XXXXX". Personally, I would love it, but I think I would be one of the few.

But the way I read what you wrote, this would include skills as well, (with you mentioning comp) and I don't know about that. SO many people that have put upwards of 700hrs on a account, just for it to be wiped clean..... damn.

Welcome to a mass exodus of players, and then where are you until this influx of brand new people? You're left with a dead server still.
I think you’ll need both for it to make a difference, what good are those 700 hours grinded if there is no longer a server anyways? Also I’m a big believer in momentum, such as it takes money to make money, it takes players to attract players etc etc. Once we get a good foundation of players it should maintain. (It did for 9 years on here)

Joby
Forum Addict

Post by Joby » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:12 am

Its flat wrote:I don't usually bother replying to these types of posts but I'll give my 2 cents here...

I don't know the statistics but I think the decreasing player count is due to a lack of new players, not due to players leaving the server. I think the server is pretty good how it is. I liked it how it was when I first joined and I still like it now. It's a great server as is.

I think the problem is that our marketing strategy needs a complete total revamp. Firstly, finding our server in the RSPS lists is quite difficult. Secondly, when you read our ads they really don't sound that good in comparison to the other big servers. Not only that, but the things our ads say is very different to what our server is actually like. We are pretending to be a server we're not. If we take our RuneLocus ad for example, some of the big main phrases used are "Fixed pathing" (its not fixed), "active wild" (its not active) and "all skills" (we dont have all skills). Do these really accurately describe the server? I am not so sure. Do these phrases really make the server attractive? I am not so sure.

Then you go down to read our features and the #1 feature is "titan events". I don't even know what these are, I've never heard of them until now. Our #2 feature is 100% working construction. This is great but is it really the 2nd best thing we have? It's good we have it, but it's not really that exciting in 2019. Further down the list is "New Kraken Boss". Is this really a new update? Wasn't kraken added over 4 years ago? "Fully Working Castle wars system", it's cool we have castle wars but I have never witnessed a single proper castle wars game in my time here. In my experience it is just farmed for points and that's it. Why are we advertising it as a feature? Just to disappoint naive new players?

I think the main problem is that our server honestly looks boring to new players. The new players that we do get come into the server with wrong expectations because our ads don't accurately describe our server. Why don't our ads highlight the better features of our server? Such as strong ironman community, great skilling, some pking, long lasting economy, dedicated staff team, clue scrolls, weekly events, regular updates etc. etc. And then include some of our great recent updates such as NPC killcount highscores, vorkath, 2b xp capes, skotizo, skilling pets, abyssal sire, cerberus etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong, updates are very good for the server. I have been really enjoying the updates we have been getting. I am just not convinced more updates will = more players. If we're being honest, we already get pretty consistent high quality updates. Let's focus on the things that really matter.

Thank you
100% THIS! I was expecting to read through a bunch of uneducated responses by kids mad because their specific needs weren't met, but this is spot on. I have no doubts Mike and Rapsey have done lots of work marketing, yet the reality is their marketing attempts have failed. I can't suggest a 100% solid marketing campaign that will automatically add players, but I can 100% Identify this as the issue. I'd say hiring an actual marketing manager would be good investment. Someone who has specific expertise in the field of ad campaigns and marketing.

Taylor gang
Premium Donator

Post by Taylor gang » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Nazuths wrote:Welcome brothers of PkHonor,

Today I wanted to open the discussion on the current state of the server, I'll just give out my opinion on the server and would love to see your opinions!

For a while now we've been struggling with the amount of players and has been previously discussed where we hit an all-time low of 17 players (not even after an update). Nowadays when I log on to the server and check the player count I see 30 non-distinct players (meaning of these 30 there are definitely multi-loggers). This concerns me, and with me many others.

Personally, and after having conversations with players, I think one major aspect of the decrease in players, is the lack of updates (yes, this shit again). The last update we had was August 29th, today is September 27th where in 2 days it will be a month since we haven't had a new update. Before last update, it again took 18 days till a new update which for me, doesn't make the game feel refreshing at all. Right now there is content ready to be pushed out like 2B experience capes, skill cape perks etc.. Additionally, the most recent updates weren't as rewarding as expected either.

Skotizo was already dead content from the moment it was released, the uniques it has are very nice, but given the super rare drop rates of totems and shards, this is way too big of a grind for 1 Skotizo kill, let alone be lucky enough to hit a rare drop.

Vorkath brings 2 useless uniques (dragonboner necklace and dragonfire ward) into the game, while we were hoping for dragon bolts and wrath runes etc., the prayer XP gained from Vorkath is still less than braindead killing Frost Dragons, the only valuable thing that came with the update were super antifires.

Evil Chicken brought a new cosmetic set into the game, which obviously looks nice but had no additional use other than being cosmetic, the Evil Chicken egg only provided access to a secret lair with more Evil Chickens and no other use. Normal Chickens give more feathers per hour, so in general, quite useless

All aforementioned new NPCs have been criticized after the release and great suggestions have been made on how to avoid them from being dead content, with which sadly nothing had been done.

With the upcoming Theatre of Blood update, we obviously hope to reach a lot more players instead of the 30 players I face when logging in, but one update is not gonna do a whole lot if aforementioned (the lack of good updates) simply continues afterwards.

This thread has only covered the lack of good updates so far, which for me is the most important aspect, but there are many other things in game that just aren't right.. Chaotic weapons need to be removed, pathing needs to be fixed and many other things

Besides all the negativity, I have to give props to the Staff team for hosting many PvM events (community events and no KC GWD events), the interaction between Staff and players is very important and this really helps with that.

This thread is not to put the blame on anyone but merely to create a nice discussion from how to move on with the server. I love this server and I would love to see the server succeed, but for that we DO need to change things.

Thank you
nothing wrong with the game.