30 players online

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Re: 30 players online

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:51 pm

This seems like quite an obvious thing that shouldn't be mentioned but ok.

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:29 pm

A lot of the playerbase is discouraged by the low amount of people online. I don't generally pay attention to the ::players but I do occasionally look and think about the "glory days."

There is some things that need to be improved on both from the staff team and the playerbase to help new players stick around. Obviously the players, myself included, probably need say less idiotic things on yell. But I think most of what is yelled is for humor and slight banter but again it can be discouraging to see players being turds on yell.

I think another huge problem comes from not hearing anything for weeks from upper-level staff members. We all understand that the devs/admins have a life outside of PkHonor but it would be nice to see y'all log into the server and just hang out for a bit and talk at home. I know that some do and often times I am not online to see that happen but again it is nice when I am and get to chat with an admin.

Another problem is the time to get updates and sometimes those updates feeling lackluster (not discrediting the coding or time but it feels like the drops aren't polled and end up being not even comparable to others). The server wants to head towards an OSRS type server with some RS3 things but we are missing things that should have been implemented a long time ago, like elite-void for example. It honestly feels that the In-Game Suggestions portion of the forums is a waste of time to even post anything into. Thoby seems to be on there frequently and commenting and I think he is doing a wonderful job at taking the time to respond to the ideas that are suggested. A lot of those suggestions are just small QOL updates that "shouldn't" take a ton of time to implement and to get a huge list of those added would feel nice. Clearly not all the ideas on there should be implemented, but those ideas that get thrown out should be cleansed from the forums and not have 32 pages of "active" suggestions.

The mod team hosts 1-2 hour free access to GWD masses and those actually feel like they care and those usually turn out to be a huge success. +1 to them for doing that for us. Rapsey, when you get on and make a 90 minute 20% bonus to a boss, that is another nice thing to see. It is the community interaction that sometimes feels lackluster but those events help slightly. Also, Ely's week long events are nice to see again as well!

This server is still a great server and still has potential to rise up again and be super popular again, but there does need to be changes. I'm not entirely sure where those changes need to happen but they do need to happen.

This post isn't meant to throw shade at anyone, just merely my observations.

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:57 am

Monys wrote:I think another huge problem comes from not hearing anything for weeks from upper-level staff members. We all understand that the devs/admins have a life outside of PkHonor but it would be nice to see y'all log into the server and just hang out for a bit and talk at home. I know that some do and often times I am not online to see that happen but again it is nice when I am and get to chat with an admin.
This is huge. Other servers have active staff who are constantly holding events, and hyping things up. Maybe we need some more 16 yr old mods with no life. its a ghost town most of the times on here.
Monys wrote:This post isn't meant to throw shade at anyone, just merely my observations.
toxic.. please expel

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=77027
this 30 players is better than the 17 I had during this deadtime a few months back and more than 1 of them were me, yes 30 is low but its not the lowest ive seen
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:02 pm

Iron adam wrote:
Monys wrote:I think another huge problem comes from not hearing anything for weeks from upper-level staff members. We all understand that the devs/admins have a life outside of PkHonor but it would be nice to see y'all log into the server and just hang out for a bit and talk at home. I know that some do and often times I am not online to see that happen but again it is nice when I am and get to chat with an admin.
This is huge. Other servers have active staff who are constantly holding events, and hyping things up. Maybe we need some more 16 yr old mods with no life. its a ghost town most of the times on here.
Monys wrote:This post isn't meant to throw shade at anyone, just merely my observations.
toxic.. please expel
Doesn't have to be a staff member hosting events, regular players can kick off any kind of event as well.
Perhaps if you really wanted to you could create a 'community manager' rank with certain commands to host events as swiftly as possible. (ls/cc/teleports/broadcasts etc..)

Personally agree with Rapsey tho, RSPS are declining as a whole. Perhaps people are more into the official OSRS again.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Maurits wrote:
Iron adam wrote:
toxic.. please expel
Doesn't have to be a staff member hosting events, regular players can kick off any kind of event as well.
Perhaps if you really wanted to you could create a 'community manager' rank with certain commands to host events as swiftly as possible. (ls/cc/teleports/broadcasts etc..)
I see the argument of people being able to host events themselves used a lot. In fact I use(d) it myself. In an ideal world players would do this, yes. They'd host their own events and what not, there's lots of variety possible in player hosted events too. E.g everyone gears up in bronze and masses bandos.

Reality is that players wont really do this. It's sort of like the bystander effect. Everyone knows someone should do something, but nobody really acts. No amount of moral high ground debates of "uh well ur a better person it u do host an event" or motivational clichés like "be the change ya wanna see" is gonna help with that.

People play games to be entertained. Especially games like RS: You want to take part in something and it's going to entertain you and give you incentive to play more. If people want to entertain themself (essentially what comes down to hosting your own events) then, well, sorry to disappoint but people will play games centered around making your own fun (Minecraft, for example) instead of games that are supposed to give you entertainment.

I think that, at this stage on this thread, we're playing a game of blaming people or things for the decline of PKH instead of actually looking for a solution that might lead to PKH not being some dead game.

Rapsey mentioned that RSPS are on a decline in general. It's unlikely that PKH can undo that. But what about the players interested in RSPS that are left? How do we attract them? Maybe the solution would be to let new players do a sort of enquete and ask them what content they'd like to see on RSPSes in general. Maybe give them another one after a few hours of gametime but then about PKH. Reward them with 50m or so when they complete it.

Precedent has shown that veterans either don't know or can't agree on what would revitalise the server and bring in new, active players. The only thing we're really good at is being vocal about things that have been implemented in a bad way. I say we ask for new players input in all ways possible and prioritise those things. Heck, even pause ToB development for it. Bringing out new high tier content for the old farts wont help a new player that is overwhelmed with the quirks of PKH. Once we're able to consistently get a few new faces joining, staying and being vocal, I guess it'll be time to shell out some of that donation cash to advertise with it.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Natte droom wrote:I think that, at this stage on this thread, we're playing a game of blaming people or things for the decline of PKH instead of actually looking for a solution that might lead to PKH not being some dead game.
Not a single person has blamed anyone... everyone is talking about additions that would help.

What happened to the feature that limited the words in libens posts?

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:06 pm

Iron adam wrote:
Natte droom wrote:I think that, at this stage on this thread, we're playing a game of blaming people or things for the decline of PKH instead of actually looking for a solution that might lead to PKH not being some dead game.
Not a single person has blamed anyone... everyone is talking about additions that would help.

Maybe blaming isn't the best word. It's mainly shifting the responsibility in other peoples shoes or putting too many eggs in one basket. The stance of "oh you want events? Lol just host them urself as community", for example. It doesn't solve anything. The people asked for an event and the most common reply is basixally "go do it yourself".

As for putting too many eggs in one basket, look at suggestions and the mindset us vets have. "Oh the server is shit because we don't have dragon throwing axes." "Oh pking is dead because we dont have this QoL" "lol PVM is overpowered so add new harder monsters" "Oh just add this new piece of content, the server is fuckin dead without it lol." "Everything else is dead content unless we get this" "if we get this pk update we will get new players I SWEAR IT"

Not a single suggestion made & developed in the past year or so (if not more) has significantly worked towards reviving the server and bringing in new, lasting players. We focus too much on how valuable our own precious opinion is and drive the server into its own downfall as a small collective. Every single player reading this comment including me has thought, or still thinks that they know what's best for the server.

Guess what? We're all with our heads up our own arses and know jack shit. It's backed up by the playercount being so low even though we're getting frequent updates and actual content that we've been preaching for years that it would revive the server. I wonder if devs should stop listening to us and agree on one vision for the server and work towards it. Maybe the whole "community driven" hybrid type of server PKH currently is isn't the way to go.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Natte droom wrote:
Iron adam wrote:

Maybe blaming isn't the best word. It's mainly shifting the responsibility in other peoples shoes or putting too many eggs in one basket. The stance of "oh you want events? Lol just host them urself as community", for example. It doesn't solve anything. The people asked for an event and the most common reply is basixally "go do it yourself".

As for putting too many eggs in one basket, look at suggestions and the mindset us vets have. "Oh the server is shit because we don't have dragon throwing axes." "Oh pking is dead because we dont have this QoL" "lol PVM is overpowered so add new harder monsters" "Oh just add this new piece of content, the server is fuckin dead without it lol." "Everything else is dead content unless we get this" "if we get this pk update we will get new players I SWEAR IT"

Not a single suggestion made & developed in the past year or so (if not more) has significantly worked towards reviving the server and bringing in new, lasting players. We focus too much on how valuable our own precious opinion is and drive the server into its own downfall as a small collective. Every single player reading this comment including me has thought, or still thinks that they know what's best for the server.

Guess what? We're all with our heads up our own arses and know jack shit. It's backed up by the playercount being so low even though we're getting frequent updates and actual content that we've been preaching for years that it would revive the server. I wonder if devs should stop listening to us and agree on one vision for the server and work towards it. Maybe the whole "community driven" hybrid type of server PKH currently is isn't the way to go.
Someone please send help

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:42 pm

Damn shots fired, I was only replying on Monys his post not blaming anyone for anything.

Like I said, RSPS's are declining.
Specially with the amount of options you're offered with now.