PkHonor History and Past

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
James
Premium Donator

Re: PkHonor History and Past

Post by James » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Lykos wrote:
Also this is thread 77777
adammmmmmmmmmmmm

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:30 pm

I have to agree that Hamade didn't really do anything wrong. I think he was a good owner but of course like anyone he did both good things and bad. Nevertheless in many ways he was a better owner than we have been since he left. His personal touch kept people happy for the most part, and though it may have been a bit too much it's probably a better way to manage an RSPS community than the cold and detached approach we took afterwards (even if it does eventually come back to bite you in the ass).

Many of the decisions he made have carried PkHonor forward, some of them are even still with us today. For one thing, if I'm not mistaken he was the one who came up with the initial donator shop approach (mboxes and donator/premium/honor statuses). Although other items were later added, those four things have always been responsible for the lion's share of donations and continue to be to this day. So in a very real way we have Hamade to thank for making it to 2019. It was part of his job as the owner and what he came up with carried the server for a decade.

Ultimately Hamade didn't resign because of some critical mistake he made. He resigned because he had fallen out of favor with the community, and it's pretty hard to be an effective owner when your playerbase no longer has faith in you. I think that many people saw him as the cause for some of the server's problems and were expecting things would be better if he stepped down, but in hindsight they found that this didn't really fix anything.

Lykos
Premium Donator

Post by Lykos » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:22 pm

Rapsey wrote:I have to agree that Hamade didn't really do anything wrong. I think he was a good owner but of course like anyone he did both good things and bad. Nevertheless in many ways he was a better owner than we have been since he left.
Really wish I had the chance to meet him or have a chat with him while he was still around, overall seemed like a really fascinating person to get to know.
It's a shame I wasted most of my youth on those short lived private servers that existed for quick cash grabs (RogueX, PBScape, MTIscape).
THE DISCONTINUED-DRIVEN RUNESCAPE PRIVATE SERVER

Rest In Peace Lieven

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:33 pm

I2aw origins wrote:A lot of us older players were 14 year olds who thought we were the smartest beings in the world, any time he didn't listen to exactly what we had to say, we wrote him off as an idiot. Realistically, we were just 14 year olds screaming at each other because we were (are) retarded. I'm 22 and have been a part of this server for almost 9 years, plenty of other "veterans" are in the same boat as me age wise.
Yeah this is a funny thing to think about. Back in those days I just remember most of the playerbase being moody teenagers. Now it's just a bunch of moody young adults.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Troll n roll wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:A lot of us older players were 14 year olds who thought we were the smartest beings in the world, any time he didn't listen to exactly what we had to say, we wrote him off as an idiot. Realistically, we were just 14 year olds screaming at each other because we were (are) retarded. I'm 22 and have been a part of this server for almost 9 years, plenty of other "veterans" are in the same boat as me age wise.
Yeah this is a funny thing to think about. Back in those days I just remember most of the playerbase being moody teenagers. Now it's just a bunch of moody young adults.
Lol true that.

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Troll n roll wrote:
Lol @ CANDY BARS
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Wir3d wrote:
Troll n roll wrote:
Lol @ CANDY BARS
Haha jokes on you I was 12 when I started

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:32 pm

James toxic wrote:
Wir3d wrote:
Lol @ CANDY BARS
Haha jokes on you I was 12 when I started
Aren't you still a 12 year old ginger?

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Wir3d
Honor Player

Post by Wir3d » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:09 pm

James toxic wrote: Haha jokes on you I was 12 when I started
What are you? 14 now ? And still toxic as ever.
An Iron Noob wrote:This server would be way more successful, have greater player retention, and better, more positive vibes if it weren't for Nazuths and roddycc.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:27 pm

Wir3d wrote:
James toxic wrote: Haha jokes on you I was 12 when I started
What are you? 14 now ? And still toxic as ever.
haha im actually 15 bro ur getting fkn burned lol!!!