Annoying lagg way more often than in the past.

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Annoying lagg way more often than in the past.

Postby The underdog » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Idk what changed server wise, but for a select group of players there's just almost unplayable lagg while others have no issues at all. I don't play that much lately so can't tell how often it happens, but I just disconnected 3 times which means it's time to stop playing for today.
I already killed the netflixing otaks downstairs and have tested my network it's perfectly fine, it's the server and multiple people at once, months/years ago these lagg issues were extremely rare but now it's every other day I log in.

Edit: took over a minute to even post this, the website is also slow as fk right now.
Last edited by The underdog on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:doge:
Spoiler: show

Helper

Re: Annoying lagg way more often than in the past.

Postby 5 iron » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:46 pm

I have heard certain players talk about server lag a lot more than in the past. There's definitely something up with the server now.

Postby Sam » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:29 pm

I've had multiple pms asking why they keep disconnecting, i thought perhaps it was just me lol

Premium Donator

Postby The underdog » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Bump, probably will be a daily bump at this rate of extreme lagg.

Actually disconnecting every 10-20 sec while all my other internet is perfect 13ms ping 200mb/s downl SOLID 20mb/s up.
Multiple ppl dcing, mostly uk and NL as far I can read here, others are fine 'Merica.

Edit: website laggs same time as ingame.
Last edited by The underdog on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:doge:

Premium Donator

Postby Nazuths » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 pm

It has literally become unplayable at the times of the lagg, dcing every 2 seconds. Please high staff people who have power and control over the game, save us. We are suffering from this terrible lagg and it hurts me everytime I want to play.

Developer

Postby Thoby » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:59 pm

I've heard multiple times that this problem is only (or at least for 99%) occurring to Dutch players.
Could it be that the players have the same internet provider or something?

I myself haven't experienced the problem. I've used multiple internets and neither the game or site is lagging for me.

Are there any US based players that are experiencing the same problems? If so, ignore the above.
Thanks to The Builder for the amazing siggy!

Sysadmin

Postby Rapsey » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Thoby wrote:I've heard multiple times that this problem is only (or at least for 99%) occurring to Dutch players.
Could it be that the players have the same internet provider or something?

Not exactly, it's more of a routing problem.

You never connect directly to a server, there's usually 5-10 hops in between as your traffic passes from one router to the next. One or more of these routers are having issues, most likely due to DDoS attack directed at others. As a result only players in specific geographical areas are experiencing problems: those whose traffic needs to pass through the affected routers.

We are investigating our options but unfortunately this part of the infrastructure is well outside of our control. The choices are either wait for them to fix it or move everything to different servers, which is quite an ordeal and would cause downtime in and of itself.

EDIT: It would really help us to make that decision if you guys could describe the lag you're experiencing. And by describe I don't mean like "terrible/annoying/extreme/unplayable lag, way worse than before". We're much more interested in the frequency and longevity of the episodes. Is this something you're experiencing 24/7, or maybe it happens for half an hour and then it's good again for the rest of the day, or maybe it happens on and off for a few minutes at a time? I've only just had the pleasure of experiencing it first-hand for the first time and for me it manifested as not being able to connect for 5-10 minutes, then everything went back to normal.

I know lag is always annoying when it happens but if it's only happening for like 10 minutes every day then it might be better to wait for the problem to be fixed, rather than taking the server offline for hours and doing an emergency move.

Premium Donator

Postby Jousi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:29 pm

I've been disconnecting a lot during the past couple of months. God bless Huawei.

Premium Donator

Postby Nazuths » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:22 am

It happens around 8 PM (GMT+1) and basically whenever this occurs, I get huge lagg spikes till the point where my character logs out. Duration is approximately 15 minutes per day. That's what I've been experiencing

Sysadmin

Postby Rapsey » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:09 pm

If/when you are experiencing lag or DC's you can try this fallback client. It reroutes your traffic to avoid the affected parts of the network. Because of this I would not recommend using it unless you are having problems. Under normal circumstances your ping would be better with the regular client.

We will continue working on this.

EDIT: The fallback client is temporarily unavailable while we make some improvements. Back online!

Next

Return to General Discussion