Forum Structure Simplification

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Forum Structure Simplification

Post by Rapsey » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 pm

Azu rite wrote:Has been since yall cracked down on the feedback section
In response to the community cracking down on it, yeah. :P It just didn't work. Having it as a section where every point raised needs to be addressed by staff and/or owners just didn't work in the format of open community discussions, where topics would get 5 pages of long-winded debate in the first few hours after being posted. It also turned out that every discussion could only end one way: with us eventually deciding to no longer reply to it. As long as we kept replying and addressing the points that were being raised the discussion would continue endlessly and we would be forced to keep responding to every new post. I could've made a full-time job out of just managing the feedback section as it was back then and it still wouldn't have been enough.

On the flipside, making it a private section also completely killed it. So using General Discussion for this purpose seems a lot better. Everyone is free to be heard but we aren't forced to spend 40+ hours a week responding to every new comment.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:35 pm

I have another idea for further Forum Simplifications - for Help Desk and Reports Categories.
Help Desk
General Help
Account Help
- Appeal Punishment; - Account Recovery; - Refunds
Donating
Reports
Rule Breaking
- Report A Player; - Report a Staff Member
Report Glitches
- In-Game Glitches; - Website/Forum Glitches

Thoughts?

Lieven
Premium Donator

Post by Lieven » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:34 am

Kylo ren wrote:I have another idea for further Forum Simplifications - for Help Desk and Reports Categories.
Help Desk
General Help
Account Help
- Appeal Punishment; - Account Recovery; - Refunds
Donating
Reports
Rule Breaking
- Report A Player; - Report a Staff Member
Report Glitches
- In-Game Glitches; - Website/Forum Glitches

Thoughts?
I personally think these are complicating the forums structure more than they'd be simplifying them.
I like having them be in one big section rather than a child section of a section. Keeps people more away from posting recoveries in appeals etc. The archives would be kinda weird too. They'd be the child section of a child section. I personally think they're fine as they are

What about removing the sub-sections of Guides and merging them all into one big "Guides" section (Or forums & ingame guides), while removing outdated and irrelevant guides that have been there since 2013 etc?
Been feeding Robert my titty milk since year 293 after the conquest