Our wiki - lets dicuss

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Re: Our wiki - lets dicuss

Post by The underdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:16 am

We can edit the wiki? I don't even know shit about that stuff. If it works like Wikipedia or something I'd contribute but I read if there's something wrong with this page pm Jonas I don't feel like adding my two cents to pages. To the point where I never even checked how contributing works lol.

If you can contribute to any page as long as you are logged in, in some group maybe, x post count idc and then everything that's edited or added will be reviewed by a small team of adams that just check it and press accept changes I'll be contributing.

And the wiki be ugly yes.

I used the wiki a little bit because everything was forcefully moved there and I forgot a few things for my hcim because I didn't skill in years.

Iron adam
Honor Player

Post by Iron adam » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:19 am

The underdog wrote:We can edit the wiki? I don't even know shit about that stuff. If it works like Wikipedia or something I'd contribute but I read if there's something wrong with this page pm Jonas I don't feel like adding my two cents to pages. To the point where I never even checked how contributing works lol.

If you can contribute to any page as long as you are logged in, in some group maybe, x post count idc and then everything that's edited or added will be reviewed by a small team of adams that just check it and press accept changes I'll be contributing.

And the wiki be ugly yes.

I used the wiki a little bit because everything was forcefully moved there and I forgot a few things for my hcim because I didn't skill in years.
https://wiki.pkhonor.net/info/contributing

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 am

Throw in an edit button on pages that refer to that page, you want to bait people into contributing not let them figure it out which they won't coz they're me.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:20 am

Admin adam wrote:Once we get enough ideas together, just need to make a plan of attack and get as many people to help as possible. Who want's to spearhead it?
I mean jonas is the head

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

Oh nice subject. I've always wanted to contribute but I never took the time to get to know it. It seems a more difficult system than the forums.

Staff isn't given ingame rewards either so I don't agree with that, you shouldn't do it for the reward.

Wiki is more difficult than forums. On the forums you can easily post and say I miss this in your guide. We need such a system for the wiki as well. Make it a 'was this wiki useful', if they answer no let them post why so wikis can be more complete. Also helps 'giving reward' that your guide is useful, you can see how many people used it.

I agree, make one pages on every subject. Integrate pages if they highlight different parts. Pages should be facts. Opinions on strategy should be at the bottom so there could be multiple people contributing their different strategy. Make some searched automatic. ::Wiki clue, ::wiki any boss, ::wiki any skill. I think I did wiki farming last week and herblore guide was on top, like what the fuck. Saves an extra click but makes it more customer friendly.

Staff members, helpers, veterans, whatever should stop sending people to ::thread 74234 or whatever for clue scroll guide. Teach them from the start to use ::wiki for anything they need information on.

Links between pages is a must. Herblore page should refer to farming page. Pages on items would also be nice. It would be awesome if you could wiki something like red dhides, see what you can do with it with a reference to crafting guide and what bosses drop it with a link to those bosses as well. Things like that: make information accessible. Sounds like a lot of work, don't know if something like that could be automated from droptables.

Also, someone that can get information from developers would be nice as well. Some things would be nice to know for pages but might not be known by someone other than a developer. For example, pest control is safe for hardcore players, how about superportal during pest invasion?

Rizz0
Premium Donator

Post by Rizz0 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

https://wiki.pkhonor.net/guides/questmi ... ldywyrm_ww
I'd appreciate some feedback on this from other editors, I want to start helping again with the wiki. I haven't approved it yet so it isn't visible to everyone.

Isaac

Post by Isaac » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:22 pm

looks good, approved.

Rizz0
Premium Donator

Post by Rizz0 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Isaac wrote:looks good, approved.
Thank you, I need to redo the map and put it in some sort of chronological order so you aren't looking around for the letter.

Jonas
Head Wiki Editor

Post by Jonas » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:51 pm

Anyone wanna make a group chat somewhere and make a plan of attack?

Like a discord.

Iron adam
Honor Player

Post by Iron adam » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Jonas wrote:Anyone wanna make a group chat somewhere and make a plan of attack?

Like a discord.
Tbh, we could probably just make a private text channel on our discord with a wiki contributor rank. That would also get more people involved.