We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator
Online
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Fungamer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:29 am

Ruler wrote:Yellmutes should automatically be ip yell mutes imo. I don't see a reason why someone should be able to yell again on a different account, then the whole point of a yell mute as a punishment useless.

Agreed.

Premium Donator
Online
User avatar
Posts: 4607
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Loc

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby The underdog » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm

Don't use logic here, shoo.







:doge:
Spoiler: show
Image












Spoiler: show
Image
Image

Helper
User avatar
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:50 pm
Location: Generally ::skilling

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Skiller » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Ruler wrote:Yellmutes should automatically be ip yell mutes imo. I don't see a reason why someone should be able to yell again on a different account, then the whole point of a yell mute as a punishment useless.


Agreed. Especially since the length of yell mutes is typically quite short, making them ip-wide makes sense to make it a little more meaningful.

Sysadmin
User avatar
Posts: 3957
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:00 am
Location: Belgium

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Rapsey » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:40 pm

Admin adam wrote:That is basically what we have been doing for a while now.

If you say something over yell that would get you muted if you said it in public chat, you get muted.
Ex: a racial slur or death threat

If you say something over yell that you wouldn't necessarily get muted for for saying in public chat, then it would just be a yell mute.
Ex: spamming "penis"

Yup, that's basically exactly how it is intended. Since yell is the channel with the widest reach it makes no sense at all to use the lowest punishment for offences committed there. It doesn't make sense that sending racism to 150 people results in a lesser punishment than saying it in public where at most 15 people see it.

So yellmutes are indeed only for misuse of yell that is otherwise not an offence.

Ruler wrote:Yellmutes should automatically be ip yell mutes imo. I don't see a reason why someone should be able to yell again on a different account, then the whole point of a yell mute as a punishment useless.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I guess the idea was that there is no need to punish people unnecessarily. For a lot of people an IP yellmute just isn't necessary because they don't try to defy staff and get around it.

But sadly there's also people who think like this:
The underdog wrote:normal yellmutes just grab your 100th donator+ account and continue ur yells by pushing the limit.

I don't know, I think it's pretty sad that everyone would get punished more harshly because some people simply refuse to stop until staff makes it impossible for them to continue. If you want staff to ease up on punishments then maybe you shouldn't force their hand by pushing it.

Premium Donator
Online
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Will be ok » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:53 pm

If someone is muted 5+ times in a year then ez 30day IP mute.
Image

Known Venturer
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:47 am

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Tay roc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:59 pm

The underdog wrote:The gap is too big imo, normal yellmutes just grab your 100th donator+ account and continue ur yells by pushing the limit. Or u get an ipmute which can be relatively harsch, example I lost 100b+ coz of my ipmute a while ago since it disables clan talking too for one out of place yell msg I did :zoidberg:

Example now i'm just annoyed coz I got baited, but mod online so he got yell muted I got baited again and his 2nd acc got yellmuted, his 3rd acc baits me and then I reply back and get muted myself. Then his friend(s) bait me but it's their first bait so just a warning at most. No1 cares about being muted for 6-12hrs on one account and I can see a full ipmute is still not justified for baiting skirmishes but a regular old yellmute thats over when u wake up the next day is nothing either, the gap is too big.

Proceed to discuss generally.


This is so rich coming from you, who hurt your feelings this time for you to post this?

The gap is fine you're just SOFT. A 6-12hr mute will defuse the situation which is the whole purpose. I'm assuming you're not here to ruin someone's experience based on something they've said out of aggression or you'd all be fucked. (No one continues the same yell half a day later) there is absolutely no need to IP mute someone on yell because they threw a bait.

If your feelings are really hurt by someone baiting you on yell just simply put the player on your ignore list. JOB DONE, you will no longer see their yells. It's not like every player is baiting you it's the same people let's be real.

Why should the whole server suffer because certain people have many alts they can yell on. It must take 2 clicks for the staff member online to just mute the alt account like this isn't an issue.
Image

Premium Donator
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 am

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Madeinafrica » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Tay roc wrote:
The underdog wrote:The gap is too big imo, normal yellmutes just grab your 100th donator+ account and continue ur yells by pushing the limit. Or u get an ipmute which can be relatively harsch, example I lost 100b+ coz of my ipmute a while ago since it disables clan talking too for one out of place yell msg I did :zoidberg:

Example now i'm just annoyed coz I got baited, but mod online so he got yell muted I got baited again and his 2nd acc got yellmuted, his 3rd acc baits me and then I reply back and get muted myself. Then his friend(s) bait me but it's their first bait so just a warning at most. No1 cares about being muted for 6-12hrs on one account and I can see a full ipmute is still not justified for baiting skirmishes but a regular old yellmute thats over when u wake up the next day is nothing either, the gap is too big.

Proceed to discuss generally.


This is so rich coming from you, who hurt your feelings this time for you to post this?

The gap is fine you're just SOFT. A 6-12hr mute will defuse the situation which is the whole purpose. I'm assuming you're not here to ruin someone's experience based on something they've said out of aggression or you'd all be fucked. (No one continues the same yell half a day later) there is absolutely no need to IP mute someone on yell because they threw a bait.

If your feelings are really hurt by someone baiting you on yell just simply put the player on your ignore list. JOB DONE, you will no longer see their yells. It's not like every player is baiting you it's the same people let's be real.

Why should the whole server suffer because certain people have many alts they can yell on. It must take 2 clicks for the staff member online to just mute the alt account like this isn't an issue.


Hhhhhh 200 IQ
ImageImageImage

Honor Player
User avatar
Posts: 5762
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:37 am
Location: In a Galaxy, Far, Far Away

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Kylo ren » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Just remove yell from being used by players, and leave it open for staff members to make important announcements and event announcements, and solely for those purposes only.
Image

Premium Donator
Online
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Fungamer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:24 pm

Kylo ren wrote:Just remove yell from being used by players, and leave it open for staff members to make important announcements and event announcements, and solely for those purposes only.

To then have help cc flooded with players looking to sell items and pkers flaming eachother?

It's really only a matter to reward those who do good and punish those who bad (severely). It'd be a shame if one of the biggest, most well known aspects of any RSPS gets removed just because of the few idiots. The problem may be solved if yell gets removed, but that's like saying you should remove trading to prevent scamming and only allow the G.E to be used lol

Advisor
User avatar
Posts: 6925
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am
Location: Yo Place

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Patel » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:48 pm

Kylo ren wrote:Just remove yell from being used by players, and leave it open for staff members to make important announcements and event announcements, and solely for those purposes only.


I admire your persistence, this has been your position since day one :lol:

Not totally opposed in principle, but it is a part of the server at this point and a major selling point for donor/prem. It's too much a part of PkHonor to be removed.
कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन । मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भुर्मा ते संगोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥
Image

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 026, The underdog and 5 guests