We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby The underdog » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 pm

The gap is too big imo, normal yellmutes just grab your 100th donator+ account and continue ur yells by pushing the limit. Or u get an ipmute which can be relatively harsch, example I lost 100b+ coz of my ipmute a while ago since it disables clan talking too for one out of place yell msg I did :zoidberg:

Example now i'm just annoyed coz I got baited, but mod online so he got yell muted I got baited again and his 2nd acc got yellmuted, his 3rd acc baits me and then I reply back and get muted myself. Then his friend(s) bait me but it's their first bait so just a warning at most. No1 cares about being muted for 6-12hrs on one account and I can see a full ipmute is still not justified for baiting skirmishes but a regular old yellmute thats over when u wake up the next day is nothing either, the gap is too big.

Proceed to discuss generally.

:doge:
Spoiler: show

Honor Player

Re: We need yell ipmutes instead of just yell OR full ipmute

Postby Adam corrupt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 pm

We do have yell-ipmutes. Ideally, we would be using ipyellmutes when people immediately avoid their first yellmute in order to break the same rule. If a staff member is only handing out yell mutes, then that's just something that we have to adjust on. Obviously, it depends on the situation and players involved, but it is there for us to use.

Premium Donator

Postby The underdog » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Admin adam wrote:We do have yell-ipmutes. Ideally, we would be using ipyellmutes when people immediately avoid their first yellmute in order to break the same rule. If a staff member is only handing out yell mutes, then that's just something that we have to adjust on. Obviously, it depends on the situation and players involved, but it is there for us to use.

Waw sarry man, Respire taled me it doesn't exist

:doge:

Premium Donator

Postby Thearlygamer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:24 pm

Admin adam wrote:We do have yell-ipmutes. Ideally, we would be using ipyellmutes when people immediately avoid their first yellmute in order to break the same rule. If a staff member is only handing out yell mutes, then that's just something that we have to adjust on. Obviously, it depends on the situation and players involved, but it is there for us to use.

Is the yell ip mute a perm thing? or is it time based like regular yell mutes?

Honor Player

Postby Adam corrupt » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Just like the rest of our punishments, it can be temporary or permanent.

Advisor

Postby Patel » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:21 pm

^

Not to mention that yell is kind of a worse place to get punished. There's something worse about saying something rule-breaking to the entire server... in scope, it's kind of weird that you're still allowed to speak after being punished for it at all.

At one point there was discussion on removing yellmutes and just making them normal mutes; hell, there seemed to be consensus. I'm not sure what happened with regards to that, but the gap is just fine. Yell is definitely weird in that you're kinda able to get away with more on it than you are if you said something bad in regular chat.
कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन । मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भुर्मा ते संगोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥

Honor Player

Postby Adam corrupt » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:49 am

Patel wrote:^

Not to mention that yell is kind of a worse place to get punished. There's something worse about saying something rule-breaking to the entire server... in scope, it's kind of weird that you're still allowed to speak after being punished for it at all.

At one point there was discussion on removing yellmutes and just making them normal mutes; hell, there seemed to be consensus. I'm not sure what happened with regards to that, but the gap is just fine. Yell is definitely weird in that you're kinda able to get away with more on it than you are if you said something bad in regular chat.

That is basically what we have been doing for a while now.

If you say something over yell that would get you muted if you said it in public chat, you get muted.
Ex: a racial slur or death threat

If you say something over yell that you wouldn't necessarily get muted for for saying in public chat, then it would just be a yell mute.
Ex: spamming "penis"

Postby Isaac » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:43 am

Yell mute = General mute. Means people can't just spam shit then get yellmuted and continue baiting in a cc or in public, makes it so there are real consequences to their actions. Right now a yell mute is a joke. I don't buy the 'it's overly harsh' crap, being tougher is one way of facilitating change.

Premium Donator

Postby Grizzly mint » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 am

Yells been a lot better since candy bars quit. Idk what you guys are complaining about.

Honor Player

Postby Ruler » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:02 am

Yellmutes should automatically be ip yell mutes imo. I don't see a reason why someone should be able to yell again on a different account, then the whole point of a yell mute as a punishment useless.

Next

Return to General Discussion