Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Re: Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Postby Blackbird » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:45 pm

Rapsey wrote:I'd much rather see some kind of list based on (subjective) priority. Opinions will obviously vary but so much the better, that way it provokes discussion about which suggestions need to be placed above others and that's exactly what we need right now.

Perhaps add a vote system like reddit? Most popular post gets put at the top of the list and when the update either gets rejected or accepted its removed.

Game Administrator

Postby Admin adam » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Blackbird wrote:
Rapsey wrote:I'd much rather see some kind of list based on (subjective) priority. Opinions will obviously vary but so much the better, that way it provokes discussion about which suggestions need to be placed above others and that's exactly what we need right now.

Perhaps add a vote system like reddit? Most popular post gets put at the top of the list and when the update either gets rejected or accepted its removed.

ideas

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:44 pm

Admin adam wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

ideas

Where's the fucking skilling pets then? The "idea" was there for over a year, the general idea for years! GET THE PITCHFORKS, WE ARE STORMING THE GRAVENSTEEN IN GHENT AND WE SHALL SIEGE RAPSEY AND MIKE IN THEIR FORTRESS

Helper

Postby Thoby » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:46 pm

To be honest, I am quite curious on what exactly is holding some updates back. Like the ones that Lieven/Fungamer mentioned, I heard several times that these just require Mike's approval before being pushed into the game.

I don't think we ever got any statement on it from Mike. Honestly, if it's just something along the lines of "I have a life outside of this game and my schedule doesn't support more frequent updates.", that's a perfect explaination.

But I just think it currently demotivates the developer(s) to develop, and the players to suggest. For the developer(s) it probably feels like their updates don't get recognized. And for the players it feels like the game is getting abandoned update-wise (hence this thread). Some updates might not take to long to approve, and a constant stream of minor updates (developed by the developer(s)) and an occasional larger update (developed by the programmer(s)) would make the community way more satisfied.

I, however, am not familiar with why some updates are being held back. There might be a technical, more complex explaination, so yeah.
Thanks to The Builder for the amazing siggy!

Premium Donator

Postby Mr etho » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Fungamer wrote:Where's the fucking skilling pets then? The "idea" was there for over a year, the general idea for years! GET THE PITCHFORKS, WE ARE STORMING THE GRAVENSTEEN IN GHENT AND WE SHALL SIEGE RAPSEY AND MIKE IN THEIR FORTRESS

Loc, im ready

Premium Donator

Postby Thelategamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:43 pm

a few updates I think the community has been wanting for, and may keep their update hungry nature calm for a bit if these came out.

skilling pets -> viewtopic.php?f=134&t=68962

avatars -> can't find the original post for this one sorry I'm new

ring of suffering -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=73496

max cape variants -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=74193

balancing mid tier bosses -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=74138

cerberus -> no specific thread since people have many different ideas on how it should be introduced

Not including updates Mike already confirmed will be coming out such as coal bag, UIM, and the menagerie

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Thelategamer wrote:a few updates I think the community has been wanting for, and may keep their update hungry nature calm for a bit if these came out.

skilling pets -> viewtopic.php?f=134&t=68962

avatars -> can't find the original post for this one sorry I'm new

ring of suffering -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=73496

max cape variants -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=74193

balancing mid tier bosses -> viewtopic.php?f=73&t=74138

cerberus -> no specific thread since people have many different ideas on how it should be introduced

Not including updates Mike already confirmed will be coming out such as coal bag, UIM, and the menagerie

Avatars were pretty much ready. I believe there was only the discussion of what it should drop. The GQC has at least thread about it.

No idea why some people do not want avatars tbh. They'd be our "unique" boss and it offers a lot of creativity from the devs. Also, a bigger challenge that people can work towards. It wouldn't be a "click on the boss and wait for it to die" type of thing as far as I can recall.

Premium Donator

Postby Thelategamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 pm

IMO it should be as simple as an in game suggestion gets enough support from the regulars on the forums, those will get pushed to a the "voting" part where it'll be broadcasted on the server for players to type in "::thread XXXXX" to vote on the next wave of updates and we can choose what takes priority from there.

We could have 2 different suggestion types one that requires a lot of time and attention such as if we wanted raids which would require updating to the new OSRS client source (I think that's how it works?) and smaller updates like using the noted recoil rings on a ring of suffering (if it is small I wouldn't be able to personally say).

Adam and other staff members with some knowledge would be able to help determine which updates go into which pile. Like Adam said 1-2 big updates 7-8 small updates per round. With posts showing what's going on so the community that work is actually being done to not have people doubting the work going into PKHonor.

Premium Donator

Postby Braxton » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:43 am

Lots of "community driven" suggestions with high support even get swept under the rug and thanks to Adam he makes sure it's bumped and at the top of the list still. If it wasn't for members bling great suggestions that have high support they would be forever forgotten.

In other words I do agree with suggestions being zwept under the rug in a sense and becoming a worthless topic.

Sysadmin

Postby Rapsey » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:37 pm

Fungamer wrote:
Admin adam wrote:https://forums.pkhonor.net/ideas

Where's the fucking skilling pets then? The "idea" was there for over a year, the general idea for years! GET THE PITCHFORKS, WE ARE STORMING THE GRAVENSTEEN IN GHENT AND WE SHALL SIEGE RAPSEY AND MIKE IN THEIR FORTRESS

To be fair, we never started treating the ideas as a "priority list" simply because they never took off. Until 2 days ago the #2 suggestion on the list only had 16 up-votes (still only has 23). This to us made it very clear that this is not a representation of the suggestions the community really wants. If we actually thought skilling pets were the most desired thing we would've added them already but I'm pretty sure they are not. They just happen to be at the top because no one ever really started using the ideas system.

So in our efforts to do right by our community we continued doing the suggestions which are being asked for outside of the ideas system. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do think stuff like those glacor changes and UIM is more awaited than anything currently on the ideas list.

But fear not, we've realized what a stupid mistake it was to leave the old in-game suggestions forum as it was. In the future that will go away and then the ideas list will hopefully become a good representation of suggestion priority.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion