Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Re: Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Postby Thearlygamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Postby Thearlygamer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:18 pm

Its flat wrote:Us newer players have not had the experience that you have had to read through the updates every time they come out throughout the years. All of that information is not easily accessible for us, such as a wiki

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46718

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:53 pm

I would like to see the Accepted Suggestion section get used more efficiently. The current stuff in there is pretty much all junk/useless or outdated. I think it would be great for us Admin's to move suggestions that have received overwhelming support to the Accepted Section. This would be especially helpful for suggestions that are small yet extremely supported, like the noted recoils on ring of suffering. These smaller suggestions would not slip through as easily.

I think this would be a good way for us to contribute and help aim the efforts of the dev towards what is most important to the community. It also has the bonus of the added transparency.

The only issue would be us accepting things that are not possible to implement. But I don't see that as a major issue as I have a pretty good idea of what can and can't be added.

Novice

Postby Its flat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Thelategamer wrote:
Its flat wrote:Us newer players have not had the experience that you have had to read through the updates every time they come out throughout the years. All of that information is not easily accessible for us, such as a wiki

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46718

I'm well aware of the updates thread. I'm not sure you understood the point of my post

Sysadmin

Postby Rapsey » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:43 pm

Admin adam wrote:I would like to see the Accepted Suggestion section get used more efficiently. The current stuff in there is pretty much all junk/useless or outdated. I think it would be great for us Admin's to move suggestions that have received overwhelming support to the Accepted Section. This would be especially helpful for suggestions that are small yet extremely supported, like the noted recoils on ring of suffering. These smaller suggestions would not slip through as easily.

I think this would be a good way for us to contribute and help aim the efforts of the dev towards what is most important to the community. It also has the bonus of the added transparency.

The main downside is that there is no order at all. It would work if there were only 5-10 suggestions there but what would almost certainly happen is that 50 "good suggestions" get moved into that section and then we're back to the exact same problem: not knowing which of these should be prioritized over others.

I'd much rather see some kind of list based on (subjective) priority. Opinions will obviously vary but so much the better, that way it provokes discussion about which suggestions need to be placed above others and that's exactly what we need right now.

Admin adam wrote:The only issue would be us accepting things that are not possible to implement. But I don't see that as a major issue as I have a pretty good idea of what can and can't be added.

I don't think it would be an issue. In those rare cases we can just take it off the list again (or mark it with the reasons why it's delayed / rejected), no harm done.

Its flat wrote:I think updating the wiki with current updates should be tackled before even more updates are made. It is very out of date in terms of updates
(...)
So if the wiki is unable to be kept up with the current rate of updates, increasing that rate probably isn't a good idea. I understand that from a veteran player's perspective more updates are better, but as a newer player myself I personally continuously find it very frustrating trying to find correct information on the game. This is specifically difficult because the wiki is missing so much of the information given in the updates.

Us newer players have not had the experience that you have had to read through the updates every time they come out throughout the years. All of that information is not easily accessible for us, such as a wiki

Most of the information on the wiki is in the form of guides written by players. We don't actually go around and update everyone's guides whenever something changes. The wiki is set up to be managed by the players and everyone can contribute.

We're not trying to be lazy here. We honestly believe that most players want us to spend our limited dev-time on actual development work instead of spending it on things that don't necessarily need to be done by the developers.

What kind of information are you missing?

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:47 pm

Rapsey wrote:The main downside is that there is no order at all. It would work if there were only 5-10 suggestions there but what would almost certainly happen is that 50 "good suggestions" get moved into that section and then we're back to the exact same problem: not knowing which of these should be prioritized over others.

I would have no problem keeping it under 10 if we only want the most important suggestions to go in there. I see it being maybe 1-2 big updates at a time with several smaller QoL updates.

Sysadmin

Postby Rapsey » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Admin adam wrote:I would have no problem keeping it under 10 if we only want the most important suggestions to go in there. I see it being maybe 1-2 big updates at a time with several smaller QoL updates.

To me it still seems like a much less practical way to do it tbh. Don't really see the benefit in doing it this way.

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Admin adam wrote:I would have no problem keeping it under 10 if we only want the most important suggestions to go in there. I see it being maybe 1-2 big updates at a time with several smaller QoL updates.

To me it still seems like a much less practical way to do it tbh. Don't really see the benefit in doing it this way.

The benefit is that the community can see what updates to expect in the near future. They can see that the issues that they have support and pushed for are being listened to and addressed. Increased communication and transparency compared to how things have been going. And I don't think it would require any extra effort from the development side.

Novice

Postby Its flat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Rapsey wrote:Most of the information on the wiki is in the form of guides written by players. We don't actually go around and update everyone's guides whenever something changes. The wiki is set up to be managed by the players and everyone can contribute.

We're not trying to be lazy here. We honestly believe that most players want us to spend our limited dev-time on actual development work instead of spending it on things that don't necessarily need to be done by the developers.

What kind of information are you missing?

I think people are not understanding the point I was trying to make. I am well aware of how the wiki works and who manages it. I personally think the devs are doing a great job on the server. I completely agree with all of your posts in this thread and see it from your point of view.

I don't think that right now more updates need to be pushed out quicker - there are bigger issues we could be complaining about. I think the amount of updates we have been getting recently is quite good and high quality (such as the looting bag being a very useful and good update). I don't think we should be angry at the devs or give them blame when we all have the power to improve things ourselves (such as the wiki). This is just the perspective of a new player coming into the game.

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 pm

In terms of the wiki, just send myself or any other staff member a forums pm detailing what is wrong or missing and we will update it. I have no problem doing that. We just don't really have the time to review pages on a regular basis to confirm their accuracy.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion