Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Wise One

Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Postby Mr etho » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 am

Is it even worth writting suggestions or is it just a time waste? Haven't really seen any unique updates (with the support of the community) added to the game, but just stuff that's from OSRS that we've been wanting, but it has taken years to put in game. Prehaps it's better to close suggestions for time being and wait till Mike catches up, or assign a developer to deal with suggestions and write them up. Thoughts?
dab on em, ez rwter gang

Premium Donator

Re: Suggestions and are they even worth writting?

Postby Lysa arryn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:16 pm

I thought andres did most suggestions?

But yeah it gets pretty annoying when most stuff is "ALMOST READY!!!! ON THE BRINK OF RELEASE!!!!" like avatars/elite void/skilling pets and shit/... but then goes missing for years.
Last edited by Lysa arryn on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Been feeding Robert my titty milk since year 293 after the conquest

Premium Donator

Postby The underdog » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Eh I guess general sentiment is that it's not worth putting effort in it, I mean I made two recent suggestions both with got one reply in a week.

But looking at ring of suffering, hcim icons, things that are highly valued I'd like to see things like that implemented rather sooner than later.

:doge:
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Novice

Postby Its flat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 pm

lol that wall of text (didn't read a word sorry) edit: he deleted it lmao

Anyways, considering that all suggestions are made by the same handful of people and voted by those same people - I'm not convinced the votes made are a good representation of what the entire community or owners personally want for the server

I think updating the wiki with current updates should be tackled before even more updates are made. It is very out of date in terms of updates

Wise One

Postby Mr etho » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Fungamer wrote:I thought andres did most suggestions?

But yeah it gets pretty annoying when most stuff is "ALMOST READY!!!! ON THE BRINK OF RELEASE!!!!" like avatars/elite void/skilling pets and shit/... but then goes missing for years.

Idk if Andres is ok with it or not, but as he said it in public chat, I guess it's ok; Andres told us in Prem skilling he hasn't talked to Mike in ages, which led me to believe that also Andres don't work on pkhonor anymore, idk.
I am personally getting the XXXTentacion tactic from Mike, which he teases the fuck out of people with updates (in x's case, songs) and drops them when people are ready to give up, I am aware the updates take forever cause of updates and shit, but as I've understood, a lot of updates are ready and ready to be pushed through, but just waiting for Mikes oversight and approval. Surely there's a lot of donations coming through still, which you could put some of it to developers, so every small or large milestone they complete, they get a small payment for it to keep them motivated. The "they'll do it if they relaly want to and for free" mentality doesn't work, give developers reason to chuck in hours for scripting and revive pkhonor back to its 300 player community. (I still think ::players lie about the amount of people that are online)
dab on em, ez rwter gang

Premium Donator

Postby Lysa arryn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Its flat wrote:
I think updating the wiki with current updates should be tackled before even more updates are made. It is very out of date in terms of updates

Jonas is the head wiki editor, and everyone else is allowed to edit the wiki. The wiki is designed to be mostly run by the community. Devs have little to do with it as they're here to make content, not make guides.

I've edited that huge post since there's a lot of misinformation I gathered from unreliable sources and after rereading and discussing my post, I realized the thread was me flinging shit like a monkey with only trying to make a tiny, tiny bit of sense without even getting the point across that I wanted to make. I apologize.

Postby Isaac » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Eh as someone who has suggested multiple things to no avail, I've pretty much given up. I see two possible solutions:

1. Assign a Developer to manually sift through suggestions they are willing to make, post them, then the next step is that they must achieve sufficient community support (maybe introduce a benchmark, 100 players?), then confirm or delay the introduction.

2. Introduce Poll Booth support to in-game with 1 vote per player/IP. Gets the whole of the community involved as I agree with what was said above about 'same players suggesting and same players voting' mentality.

Novice

Postby Its flat » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:28 pm

Fungamer wrote:
Its flat wrote:

Jonas is the head wiki editor, and everyone else is allowed to edit the wiki. The wiki is designed to be mostly run by the community. Devs have little to do with it as they're here to make content, not make guides.

That's correct. So if the wiki is unable to be kept up with the current rate of updates, increasing that rate probably isn't a good idea. I understand that from a veteran player's perspective more updates are better, but as a newer player myself I personally continuously find it very frustrating trying to find correct information on the game. This is specifically difficult because the wiki is missing so much of the information given in the updates.

Us newer players have not had the experience that you have had to read through the updates every time they come out throughout the years. All of that information is not easily accessible for us, such as a wiki

Premium Donator

Postby Lysa arryn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Its flat wrote:
Fungamer wrote:
Its flat wrote:

That's correct. So if the wiki is unable to be kept up with the current rate of updates, increasing that rate probably isn't a good idea. I understand that from a veteran player's perspective more updates are better, but as a newer player myself I personally continuously find it very frustrating trying to find correct information on the game. This is specifically difficult because the wiki is missing so much of the information given in the updates.

Us newer players have not had the experience that you have had to read through the updates every time they come out throughout the years. All of that information is not easily accessible for us, such as a wiki

I see your point, but I believe there's one mistake in it: I believe that Jonas hasn't been on in a while due to IRL reasons. If he's back, he could get a lot of work done as he's a swift worker with the wiki. Next to that, the solution wouldn't really be to slow down updates, but rather to encourage more players to edit and update the wiki.
I definitely see your point that it can get a bit overwhelming with all the quirks that makes pkhonor unique though

Sysadmin

Postby Rapsey » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:10 pm

I don't think closing the suggestions while we catch up is a good idea. They shouldn't necessarily be done in order, a suggestion posted today can totally be worth prioritizing over one that has been there for 2 years. Something is always going to have to wait, that's inevitable. All that matters is that we do the most desired things first, not the ones that have been waiting the longest. A "would be nice" suggestion from 5 years ago isn't worth prioritizing over everything else just because of its age.

Personally I don't see the suggestions as something that needs to be emptied, nor do I think every suggestion needs to be addressed by us. I see it more as an arena where players can discuss and rally support behind their suggestions. The ~10% that rise to the top of being badly/urgently wanted get implemented. The rest disappear into the abyss, either forever or until one day they become one of the most desired suggestions. We're never going to be able to do them all so it makes sense to do the ones that are most wanted.

So, is there any point in posting more suggestions?

Well, think about the problem we're having. There's a mountain of good suggestions with a lot of support that are waiting to be implemented. We can only do them one at a time so our challenge is trying to figure out which ones our players want the most. So if there are already 20 suggestions that you really want, and you just had an idea for a new suggestion but you don't really want it to be prioritized over the others, then why post it? Why draw attention away from the suggestions you want to see happen the most by posting new ones? It only makes it harder for us to figure out which things you actually want us to work on. Instead it would make a lot more sense to try to push the existing suggestions you really want.

There is not much point in continuing to shovel more onto the heap and vote yes on 100 suggestions because "sure why not" when those aren't the suggestions you wish us to work on. That makes it very difficult for us to know which suggestions you actually want. It also doesn't help that the old suggestions people really want often go inactive after everyone has given their yes-vote, while other things continue to get asked for. This can leave us with the wrongful impression that the community no longer really wants it, or wants these new suggestions that they are making to be prioritized over the existing ones.

I mean, it makes sense doesn't it? If what you really want is Cerberus then why continue to ask for other things? It only distracts us from what you really want us to work on.

Of course if you have an idea for a new suggestion and you do think it should be prioritized over the stuff that's already waiting then by all means post it.

In short, focus on the ones you really want.

^ That's not an order or an obligation, just my recommendation.

Next

Return to General Discussion