Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Re: Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Postby Ensignor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:30 am

Braxton wrote:I believe it's not the developers fault for this, we essentially have nice enough community members who offer such a great rate perhaps?

I'd like a refund on my 20B i paid for the pet then... I'll pay will be ok for the 1k donor creds. win win for everyone right?

Helper

Postby Skiller » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:25 am

Just btw, pointing out that Simon was allowed to do it and nothing happened and thus we should let it continue is a logical fallacy known as appeal to tradition. Just because something happened a certain way in the past doesn’t mean that way was right or that it should have happened.

I don’t think Simon should’ve been allowed to buy and I don’t think anyone should be allowed to sell. I’m not saying that Will Be Ok should have his donations to others taken back or that any punishment should happen. I’m saying I don’t think donating for others is a good idea or good for the community or the server in the long term.

Honor Player

Postby Simon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:57 pm

Slap a ho wrote:
Spoiler: show
Fungamer wrote:
Slap a ho wrote:
Someone mentioned this P2W thing. If someone wants to spend $5,000 on 1b tickets from the store, should we expect to see another thread requesting that we delete the donator store? Lol.

2) He’s profiting heavily on virtual currency because he has real money to float towards the server and he’s not having to put in the time/effort to actually obtain it.

I 100% disagree. What the server gives you (or can give you) should always be the most bang for your buck (unless you break the rules). No one should be allowed to have such marginal profits outside of what the server offers you.

You can go full on p2w and buy $5000 in 1b tickets in the donator store. I don't care. But profiting more than x3? No. No. No. Donate 15K in that case. You shouldn't gain more GP by donating for others. The whole point of donating is supporting the server, where in turn the SERVER or "owner" gives you a reward, not a fellow player.

Pros of selling credits:
  • Some lazy kid can get an ez start on (HC)IM
  • You can get a pet

Cons:
  • Scam potential.
  • Shady in general. This is extremely unusual for PKHonor, and there's no clear "guidelines" for players themselves how they should handle this etc.
  • Potentially rips off players who didn't do the maths and realized buying a donator store item from a player is cheaper than buying the credits
  • HUGE hacking potential for in the future. If a player can show he has donated over 2500 credits for a "shared" account, they get the ownership if they recover it. Who's to say people who offer these service wont wait a couple of months before going rogue & getting even more MARGINAL profits from potentially hacking the person they donated for.

Sure, they get banned if they get scammed or hacked. Staff wouldn't even have to bother with that shit if it wasn't allowed/tolerated anyways. Hell no. I'll never support this. This should be a nobrainer.

You didn’t have a problem with it when Simon was buying donator credits for the exact same margin. https://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=70226

Simon bought 92.5k credits @ 20b per 2.5k (this breaks out to 8b per 1k). Simon spent 740b on credits and not a single person bitched about it then. So a year later, now that someone else is doing the same exact thing, it’s an issue?

Again, this whole thread is because of the person doing the service. If it was Simon doing it again, nobody would say shit.

More sources:
Spoiler: show
https://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70004
Rapsey wrote:
Counterret wrote:Looks cool! While we at it, is it allowed to let people donate in exchange for in-game cash?
It was once allowed by you on jad pet release so that people could gamble for fire capes. So just to be clear. If person x wants to donate 5 $ and i need the donator pts, therefor ill reward him slightly more, is that RWT or allowed? In fact im not receiving irl cash but just to be sure.

Letting someone else donate for your account is certainly allowed. In fact it's one of the reasons why we enable people to donate for any account without requiring a login. If you compensate them for it in-game that would not be considered RWT, though I would advise caution. As of yet there is no real scam-prevention for this sort of thing so it relies on trust, and of course, if a random observer sees you talking about real world money in exchange for in-game money they could easily jump to the conclusion that you are RWT'ing.

Basically RWT means trading something in-game for something IRL. What you're talking about is trading in-game money for in-game credits, and the only reason you'd even have to do it this way is because there's currently no way to trade credits. In the interests of preventing scamming I expect we'll be making credits a tradeable item at some point, then it would also be far more obvious that it is indeed allowed.

EDIT: Actually, don't hold me to that one just yet. We'll have to think it over if making credits tradeable is a good idea.

I know there was a thread that Simon made stating he was buying donator credits for PkH gp, but I cannot locate it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Fungamer wrote:Cons:
  • Scam potential.
  • Shady in general. This is extremely unusual for PKHonor, and there's no clear "guidelines" for players themselves how they should handle this etc.
  • Potentially rips off players who didn't do the maths and realized buying a donator store item from a player is cheaper than buying the credits
  • HUGE hacking potential for in the future. If a player can show he has donated over 2500 credits for a "shared" account, they get the ownership if they recover it. Who's to say people who offer these service wont wait a couple of months before going rogue & getting even more MARGINAL profits from potentially hacking the person they donated for.

These cons are grasping at straws. The accounts aren’t shared, it’s evidently clear of that. You don’t need to login to an account to apply credits. The recovery process is a bit more complicated than just showing that you donated for another account lol.
  • Scams are possible because it’s a player made deal. This rule applies for numerous occasions, like item loans for example. Exercise caution as usual.
  • I don’t think this is the least bit of shady. What practices are occurring to merit this a shady transaction? Proof? Evidence?
  • It’s not his job to educate the player. The player should educate themselves before a transaction occurs. Should we pass out education pamphlets, a waiver, and require a signature before a transaction occurs?
  • Regarding margins, see my response above about Simon doing the same thing.

I mean, you don't need to dig through thousands of posts to find proof of me buying credits...you could have just asked. Yes, I bought a lot of donator credits.

Also, here's what Mike said (in 2015) when I asked if that would be okay:

(blocked out some other insider info ;))

I foresee many people getting scammed while buying donator credits. I don't think it'll remain allowed for much longer.

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Previous

Return to General Discussion