Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Honor Player

Re: Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Postby Ruler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am

People that are calling this rwt, lol.

I don't see a problem with it. The risk is all yours though.

Premium Donator

Postby Slap a ho » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:43 am

Cancerstick wrote:now, if Person A is conducting a ingame service for Person B, but person B doesn't have ingame $$$, Person B sends them a few IRL $$$, what happens then? This is the exact same scenario as above, but I guarantee it would be an issue, namely because of the lack of funds going to the server.

It just strikes me as odd that this is allowed and "blessed", but look at how many people have been banned for doing almost the exact same thing in the past. It's basically saying that "It's ok to RWT, as long as we get our cut".

That’s not what’s being said at all. In the scenario you provided, it’s ingame services for IRL money. That’s obvious RWT.

What’s actually occurring is ingame credits being traded for ingame money. That’s not RWT. You’re basically saying anyone who buys the 1b tickets and uses those tickets to buy an item is committing RWT because they bought tickets through credits that were purchased with IRL money.

MXT is really not that difficult to understand. IRL money —> ingame credits —> ingame currency. Regardless of who’s account the credits are put on or who gets paid ingame money, you’re still trading ingame items for ingame items.

RWT would be paying said person $20 for 8b gp through Venmo or PayPal or whatever else forms of payment where that $20 becomes a tangible object. It would also apply for game to game. OSRS gp for PkH gp, as an example.

The rules are clear. There’s been numerous rulings on this topic countless times. The actions occurring quite literally have no effect on any of you that are bitching about it. Why are we beating a dead horse?

Honor Player

Postby Ruler » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:02 am

Slap a ho wrote:
Cancerstick wrote:now, if Person A is conducting a ingame service for Person B, but person B doesn't have ingame $$$, Person B sends them a few IRL $$$, what happens then? This is the exact same scenario as above, but I guarantee it would be an issue, namely because of the lack of funds going to the server.

It just strikes me as odd that this is allowed and "blessed", but look at how many people have been banned for doing almost the exact same thing in the past. It's basically saying that "It's ok to RWT, as long as we get our cut".

That’s not what’s being said at all. In the scenario you provided, it’s ingame services for IRL money. That’s obvious RWT.

What’s actually occurring is ingame credits being traded for ingame money. That’s not RWT. You’re basically saying anyone who buys the 1b tickets and uses those tickets to buy an item is committing RWT because they bought tickets through credits that were purchased with IRL money.

MXT is really not that difficult to understand. IRL money —> ingame credits —> ingame currency. Regardless of who’s account the credits are put on or who gets paid ingame money, you’re still trading ingame items for ingame items.

RWT would be paying said person $20 for 8b gp through Venmo or PayPal or whatever else forms of payment where that $20 becomes a tangible object. It would also apply for game to game. OSRS gp for PkH gp, as an example.

The rules are clear. There’s been numerous rulings on this topic countless times. The actions occurring quite literally have no effect on any of you that are bitching about it. Why are we beating a dead horse?

THANK YOU. Some common sense here. RWT is only forbidden because otherwise people wouldn't donate, and donations are needed to keep the server running. This doesn't interfer with that, so there is no problem. Besides, it's a call Mike & Rapsey make and is not our call to make.

Champion

Postby Pim » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 am

Can i donate for unban in that case

Known Venturer

Postby Cancerstick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:14 am

Slap a ho wrote:That’s not what’s being said at all. In the scenario you provided, it’s ingame services for IRL money. That’s obvious RWT.

RWT would be paying said person $20 for 8b gp through Venmo or PayPal or whatever else forms of payment where that $20 becomes a tangible object. It would also apply for game to game. OSRS gp for PkH gp, as an example

So why are donator credit's not tradeable? Why is one person, using IRL money, buying in game credits for another person in exchange for in game currency at a rate higher than what the server has set for exchanges? Does the $20 spent suddenly not become a tangible item because it's going to the server and not me or you? In all reality the $20 in either case isn't tangible at all unless I'm sending you a solid $20 bill via snail mail. Is this not a "in game service for IRL money" that you agreed would be RWT? Would I not be providing you a "donation service", (as it has been put by the guy doing it), trading IRL money for in game items? You can't hold the money sent to you online.

I'm not saying that if someone donates, uses those donator credits and exchanges them for items in the shop (tickets, capes, whips, whatever), and then sells those items it is RWT. I am saying, and seeing, is that one person is essentially trading IRL cash for in-game items directly from another player.

Pim wrote:Can i donate for unban in that case

+1

Premium Donator

Postby The underdog » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:55 am

So for every $1 spent like this, there will be 12b spawned into the eco and the seller ends up with 8b instead of 2b. If he racks up enough he can rwt that again against rates that are near kishan's rates so he ends up with more irl than he started with.

Win win for everyone right.

:doge:
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Known Venturer

Postby Tay roc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:07 pm

Iron rupp wrote:This is RWT but only reason i'ts allowed is because it's money in the owner's pocket.

Nailed it tbh.

Premium Donator

Postby Lieven » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:38 pm

To me it comes down to donation services being a scam one way or another. Either the person literally scams the person, or they charge a shit ton of GP. It's really kind of abusing the fact that you have IRL money to spend and getting a lot of GP (p2w) which is the CORE VALUE of PKHonor. That's why you're able to buy the donator statusses etc. A person shouldn't be allowed to make such insane profits ingame by exploiting people who want a pet\prem on their ironman.

Mbox is like 650m for 250pts
1k pts is 2600M in mboxes
Will be ok asks 8000M for 1k pts. He's making a little over 3x the profit and as Mark said...
The underdog wrote:So for every $1 spent like this, there will be 12b spawned into the eco and the seller ends up with 8b instead of 2b. If he racks up enough he can rwt that again against rates that are near kishan's rates so he ends up with more irl than he started with.

This isn't okay. It's pay to win and it may not be a big issue now, but it definitely shouldn't escalate either. This madness should stop before we entirely turn into Dreamscape or some other "popular" shit tier server.

Ruler wrote: Besides, it's a call Mike & Rapsey make and is not our call to make.

Yes and no. Mike & Rapsey own the server, yes. But we're the "consumers"/"customers"/players. If they decide to add pikachus in a supreme $500 angelic super donator zone, they're gonna quickly resort back to being community driven and polling such things if everyone quits lol
Last edited by Lieven on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi

Developer

Postby Skiller » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:46 pm

I agree I don’t like it and wouldn’t like it to be allowed, but Rapsey made it abundantly clear on the service thread of the player that it was.

To me yeah it’s just dangerous and will lead to issues. I’d rather see donator credits become tradeable as someone mentioned earlier in this thread. That way the market can be more easily balanced and not have just a few people with irl money dominating it, given you can use extra pts from donations you’ve made, or vote for credits too. It’ll drop credits to a more reasonable price based on what the credit rewards are worth.

This issue will also be smaller once the Christmas event is over thankfully

Postby Isaac » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:13 pm

Don't see any problem with it. Server gets money to run costs, buyer gets the item they want for the price they agree, seller gets the GP. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything, and if you want to spend loads of IRL money for a 'p2w' playstyle then so be it. You'll be in the minority and frankly I don't care that you do that.

When problems occur with chargebacks etc. this can cause issues. So make sure you are buying from a seller who's trusted? It's a risk you take personally. Same with services, you trust the servicer to complete the service and not run off with your money. If that happens, staff will intervene. People shooting down 'Will Be Ok' for doing this when they should focus their energy on more productive things.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion