Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Postby Ensignor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:15 am

So, as many of you may know the new Santa Paws pet is worth either 20B cash or 1K donator credits. There's been a player going around selling 1K donator credits for 8B to other players. So essentially while some players pay the full 20B amount of in-game cash others just pay 8B in-game cash for it.

I just want to know what y'all think of this? Should it be allowed? Is this borderline RWT?

Premium Donator

Re: Paying 8B for the pet that is worth 20B

Postby Iron rupp » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:17 am

This is RWT but only reason i'ts allowed is because it's money in the owner's pocket.

Premium Donator

Postby Will be ok » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:20 am

its already been allowed for me to sell donor creds- in game currency has no irl value. which is the foundation of the owners arguments if Jagex every comes for them (not sure if its even possible). I've been offering this service for nearly as long as the pet has been buyable. it's just peoples choices on weather they would like to buy 1k creds from me or spend 20b in tickets to get it. there is also the argument that in the donor shop 1k creds is only worth 2b. so if you want to put a value on 1k Donor creds wouldn't it be 2b? your point is invalid and this topic should be L&A

Premium Donator

Postby Toxified v2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:20 am

RWT 100% shouldnt be allowed
ImageImage Image

Premium Donator

Postby Ensignor » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:22 am

Will be ok wrote:so if you want to put a value on 1k Donor creds wouldn't it be 2b?

Exactly buddy, if the value on 1k donor creds is 2b, why are you getting 8b for it when someone else could easily just donate the same amount of credits and get 2b for it?

Premium Donator

Postby Azu rite » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:22 am

XD rwt accusations XD

Premium Donator

Postby Will be ok » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:24 am

Ensignor wrote:
Will be ok wrote:so if you want to put a value on 1k Donor creds wouldn't it be 2b?

Exactly buddy, if the value on 1k donor creds is 2b, why are you getting 8b for it when someone else could easily just donate the same amount of credits and get 2b for it?

do it then. nobody is forcing u to pay me 8b for creds?

Premium Donator

Postby Leemon69 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:31 am

Imagine how many stakers are going to start up credit selling services rather than buying donor and honor and selling to to GE kek. Welcome to RwT stake scape. I see the argument that donating in itself is RwT in the fact that you are exchanging real cash for in game currency and that the real cash is going to the server owner, but to try and charge 8Bil/$1 when the going rate in the in-game credit shop is 500 credits\Bil Ticket is insane. Might as well make 1bil ticks in the shop ~125 points /s

Premium Donator

Postby Migetmanz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:04 am

only negative thing is for the buyer... if the seller does a refund

Personally I dont like this, but it's up to Rapsey/Mike/Ryan & the overall community. I just dont like the idea of someone selling $500 worth of points, then staking it all, back charging and everyone who bought getting either screwed or mike taking the hit.

Known Venturer

Postby Cancerstick » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:02 am

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I see this as opening the door to future issues (regardless of how long ago Rapsey said this was allowed or how long this type of thing has been going on):

Person A is using IRL money to buy ingame credits for Person B, thereby trading REAL WORLD ITEMS (money) for in game currency from another player. (by definition RWT)

Spoiler: show
8) No real world trading
It is forbidden to trade PkHonor items or accounts outside the game. It is also forbidden to trade other items or accounts from other sites on PkHonor. It is, however, allowed to trade in-game items for services you provide to others on the forums

now, if Person A is conducting a ingame service for Person B, but person B doesn't have ingame $$$, Person B sends them a few IRL $$$, what happens then? This is the exact same scenario as above, but I guarantee it would be an issue, namely because of the lack of funds going to the server.

It just strikes me as odd that this is allowed and "blessed", but look at how many people have been banned for doing almost the exact same thing in the past. It's basically saying that "It's ok to RWT, as long as we get our cut".

Next

Return to General Discussion