Concerning glacors

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Senior Moderator

Re: Concerning glacors

Postby Respire1337 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:18 pm

Okay, so hear me out. I might seem delusional ( which I am btw ), but I have an idea.

So, you completely obliterate and eliminate every glacor that has existed in this game ( aka you completely remove all glacors, both wildy and non-wildy ) and you move your work towards adding Cerberus( all the current glacor boots are gonna be replaced by the Cerberus boots, this way no one gets upset about their boots, and their price is gonna be steady).
You might be asking, but what about the ice diamond? Well, we can have the revenant caves, this way we group all the annoying revenants that are spread all across the wilderness and simply put the ice diamond to their drop table as a very rare drop, but with a twist. If you get an ice diamond drop inside the cave, you are always gonna lose it on death, and it will not drop as an item, but it will simply vanish. This way, both the pvming and pking activity in that area is gonna increase a lot.

I know this way is much more difficult and it will take so much longer, but I would rather see us move 2 steps closer to what we say we are ( OSRS ) than just have this problem being "solved" just by simply removing them from wilderness. If anything, you could also add a "glacor head" drop that the glacors will always drop, so we stuff it and put it in our PoH. This way we can remember about the glorious moments of this amazing npc.

Btw, yes to wyverns. This way we can have all the wyverns available in OSRS, resulting in a possible new visage drop: wyvern visage, which is a drop from the Fossil Island wyverns.

Game Administrator

Postby Admin adam » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:23 pm

My overall suggestion is this: Remove them completely from the wilderness. Remove the Ice diamond drop from them. Remove the wilderness Achievement from them. Put the Glacors in the Asgarnia Ice dungeon where the Ice giants and warriors are in OSRS.
Add the Ice diamond to frost dragon drop table at a much rarer drop rate. Add the choc-ice diary achievement to frost dragons, as they already drop the item.

Mike wrote:The wyvern cave was also one thing I was considering. Putting them there would seem like a logical solution, as long as we don't have any skeletals wyverns ourselves anyway.
The main reason we never added skeletal wyverns is because they used to be bugged, but with the 30 December 2016 update, this is no longer the case. So we might decide to add wyverns after all, but I'm not sure about this yet.

We currently use the Wyvern area of the Asgarnia Ice dungeon for non-wild frost dragons.
A set up like this would work:

Honor Player

Postby Simon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 pm

I really like the current state of glacors - their location has made the BIS boots/ice diamond highly rare and sought after.

The only (see: GIANT) problem with them is the bugs. They're so fucking annoying to kill because of how glitchy their combat mechanics are. Add some rocks near the glacors so we can trap the glacytes and kill them without having to run so far away from the glacor. Also, if you're killing one glacor, no other glacors should even come close to you.

I don't see why every item needs to be farmed by pvmers in over-abundance.

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Respire1337 wrote:Okay, so hear me out. I might seem delusional ( which I am btw ), but I have an idea.

So, you completely obliterate and eliminate every glacor that has existed in this game ( aka you completely remove all glacors, both wildy and non-wildy ) and you move your work towards adding Cerberus( all the current glacor boots are gonna be replaced by the Cerberus boots, this way no one gets upset about their boots, and their price is gonna be steady).
You might be asking, but what about the ice diamond? Well, we can have the revenant caves, this way we group all the annoying revenants that are spread all across the wilderness and simply put the ice diamond to their drop table as a very rare drop, but with a twist. If you get an ice diamond drop inside the cave, you are always gonna lose it on death, and it will not drop as an item, but it will simply vanish. This way, both the pvming and pking activity in that area is gonna increase a lot.

I know this way is much more difficult and it will take so much longer, but I would rather see us move 2 steps closer to what we say we are ( OSRS ) than just have this problem being "solved" just by simply removing them from wilderness. If anything, you could also add a "glacor head" drop that the glacors will always drop, so we stuff it and put it in our PoH. This way we can remember about the glorious moments of this amazing npc.

Btw, yes to wyverns. This way we can have all the wyverns available in OSRS, resulting in a possible new visage drop: wyvern visage, which is a drop from the Fossil Island wyverns.

Everything Alex has said lines up perfectly with my opinion about glacors too, except for the ice diamond drop. I dislike the idea of revenants dropping the ice diamond, as they're not an ice NPC and they have their own unique drops anyways. I do support his idea of adding the revenant caves in general though. Perhaps they could give a reduced amount of points and have their droprates lowered a bit, since running around in the wildy should still be high-ish risk for good reward.

You (Mike) should have pretty good stats on how long glacors take to kill. The following is just an example I found.
Admin adam wrote:NPC: Glacor
Killed: 12 in 30 minutes
Players: 1
Gear:
Spoiler: show
Used: 6 ovl doses, 9 super prayer doses, 13 vengeance casts

NPC: Barrows Chests
Killed: 14 in 30 minutes
Players: 1
Gear:
Spoiler: show
Used: 6 ovl doses

You should also know the time it takes to kill frost dragons.
Ruler wrote:NPC: Frost dragons
Killed: 85 in 27min
Players: /
Gear: Slayer helm, slayer brawlers, vesta tops+legs, steadfasts, unholy whip, chaos enchanted comp cape, salve e, perfect ring
Used: 3 super prayers, 1.5 ovls and 1.5 antifire

Source: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=64775

And finally, you know the exact droprates on the ice diamond drop from glacors. This shouldn't be too hard to scale the rarity when moving the ice diamond drop to frost dragons so it's approximately as "hard" or time consuming to get the drop. Next to that, it also makes it possible to play a bit with the droprates if your opinion about the diamond is that it shouldn't be like 13b when the other diamonds are ~2-5b. Note that increasing the ice diamond droprate will also result in an increased amount of perfect rings. I personally think this shouldn't be such an issue, since a ring that isn't even BiS in all aspects shouldn't cost like 40b while you can buy an entire BiS armor set with okay weapons for 40b too. That's just really unbalanced IMO.
wordt* btw. Ape IQ at its finest :lol:

Known Venturer

Postby Cancerstick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 am

Counterret wrote:Couldn’t you remove the glacytes? Those little bitches make the whole thing quite buggy. Surely glacors will become a LOT easier this way, but i think it wouldn’t be bad. Its still in 44 wilderniss. Maybe buff their damage/defences to match this a little bit. This would allow us to still have the wilderniss diamond, the choc-ice diary and the risk of being deep wilderniss.
Idea though i don’t think ive ever even killed one myself so can decide if this is a well balanced solution.

^ This

I think that one of the biggest problems are the glacytes as a whole. I think that just removing THAT portion of fighting Glacors would make them so much more appealing.

As far as the choc-ice goes, the amount needed for the wildy achievements when combined with the absurdly low drop rate is tilting to say the least. According to our own wiki, Choc-ice drops from the Glacros are "common". Now either I, along with what I feel to be a LARGE majority of the player base, have no idea what the word 'common' means, or something is screwy there. Just my opinion, but I think others might agree. Along those lines as well, it seems that in comparison to other wildy mobs in general, all the drops that Glacors offer are hard to come by.

Another possible solution to look into, official Glacors on RS have a weakness to fire/blood spells. "Furthermore, glacors are weak to fire spells in a similar fashion to ice strykewyrms, taking 50% extra damage from the element, including Blood spells from the Ancient Magicks. " - Taken directly from the Wiki @ https://runescape.wiki/w/Glacor. 90% sure that ours don't, or if they do, it's not a noticible weakness.

As far as completly removing them and adding Cerberus. What's to say that Cerb won't have similar issues with it's ghosts? Do you just change all of the Glacor boots in-game to Cerberus boots? Do you leave the boots that are already in game, as-is, causing them to be a now un-obtainable item? Or do you just remove them all completly and say, "here ya go boys, get to killing if you want your boots"?

Food for thought.

Game Administrator

Postby Admin adam » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:05 am

I would prefer that we find a way to keep the Glacytes as they make Glacors unique content compared to the traditional click once and afk

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:13 am

Admin adam wrote:I would prefer that we find a way to keep the Glacytes as they make Glacors unique content compared to the traditional click once and afk

Agreed

If we dont get rid of glacors though, i would however want them to be bug-free and weak to those spells though. That way the meta isnt "equip ur bis melee to make bank"
wordt* btw. Ape IQ at its finest :lol:

Honor Player

Postby Ruler » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Glacors are quite hard to fight. Donator bosses are shitty now since barrelchests got nerfed (tsd and strykewyrms were always shitty). Wouldn't mind seeing them as donator only.

Previous

Return to General Discussion