Ideas for getting newer players?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Re: Ideas for getting newer players?

Postby Jousi » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:26 am

Give 100B to every new player.

Premium Donator

Postby Thelategamer » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:30 am

Jousi wrote:Give 100B to every new player.

your suggestions are made with the same quality of your account

Premium Donator

Postby The underdog » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:02 am

Often had noobs come up to me ingame and tell me they joined because of my pro pk videos, but when I look at the poor amount of video likes I know they're in the dislike squad and tell them to piss off from this server and never come back.

I'm a filthy server advertiser after all so can't have people join this server, that'll get me ipmuted again.

But really though, the economy and pvm scene has fully matured and there's nothing big to improve on that front to get more new players (to stay).
New ironman mode will 100% bump up the active playerbase. If you want to attract complete outsiders then I think it's simply regular advertising and youtube videos. If you'd see a newly released hardcore ironman video series in the rsps recommended videos after watching my pro pk vid then I'm sure people will want to try.

:doge:

Spoiler: show

Premium Donator

Postby A iron girl » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:29 am

On the vote pages, our advertisements don't actually contain our server name.

For example on runelocus (same with other voting sites),

1. RSPS #1
2. RSPS #2
3. RSPS #3
4. Join the #1 server of 2019! <----- this is us, but a new player wouldn't know this is Pkhonor

flaw with this advertising
Last edited by Respire1337 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Even if it’s an example,don’t bring stuff about other RSPS please.

Premium Donator

Postby Braxton » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:29 pm

The underdog wrote:Often had noobs come up to me ingame and tell me they joined because of my pro pk videos, but when I look at the poor amount of video likes I know they're in the dislike squad and tell them to piss off from this server and never come back.

I'm a filthy server advertiser after all so can't have people join this server, that'll get me ipmuted again.

But really though, the economy and pvm scene has fully matured and there's nothing big to improve on that front to get more new players (to stay).
New ironman mode will 100% bump up the active playerbase. If you want to attract complete outsiders then I think it's simply regular advertising and youtube videos. If you'd see a newly released hardcore ironman video series in the rsps recommended videos after watching my pro pk vid then I'm sure people will want to try.

+1

A iron girl wrote:On the vote pages, our advertisements don't actually contain our server name.

For example on runelocus (same with other voting sites),

1. RSPS #1
2. RSPS #2
3. RSPS #3
4. Join the #1 server of 2019! <----- this is us, but a new player wouldn't know this is Pkhonor

flaw with this advertising

I'm glad you mentioned this, was about to jump on that.

Helper

Postby Thoby » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Hmm, really interesting discussion. I think it comes down to what you want to achieve: keep new players playing, or attract new players overall.

When focusing on attracting new players, it's all about how we profile ourselves vs other rsps'es on RSPS lists or other platforms. I've always been a fan of stimulating video content creators. Or we should focus on adding content that people would really want to play, but can't on OSRS: Theatre of Blood, Inferno, etc. Releasing fresh content is doable, and it would attract so many players.
Thanks to The Builder for the amazing siggy!

Premium Donator

Postby Smdjagex » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Low level gear costs an absolute fuck ton, whips and stuff are hilariously over inflated due to merching. nobody wants to grind out 1b just to get basic gear, (10m for d boots? lol)
Credits to maurits for Signature

Known Venturer

Postby Dead » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:35 am

Smdjagex wrote:Low level gear costs an absolute fuck ton, whips and stuff are hilariously over inflated due to merching. nobody wants to grind out 1b just to get basic gear, (10m for d boots? lol)

I totally agree with you there, Pk gear as a whole is over-priced and in my opinion too be called PKhonor is false advertising. If i was looking for a PK server and joined this, I'd leave straight away. Edgeville virtually empty depending on time-zone, even then its not busy. You get 10m too start, You have too grind out for a long time to get PK worthy up against Turmoil, and Vestas ect...Before you even hit edgeville you need 1B, Maybe a spec weapon too - It's ridiculous.

You cannot be called "pk" when not an awful lot of this goes on and if you were new looking to hybrid or go deep, you'd be met with max gear and expensive items which would take ages to grind when a lot of other servers, you've logged in and you're straight into the action. I appreciate the economy on this server and the fact its kind of stable and has a nice OSRS feel too it and dosen't shout "You need too donate loads" to obtain good items as they're all obtainable without, but the pking side really does put me off, not many people would join an RSPS too skill, Bar Jousipamppu.

Premium Donator

Postby Hbg arab » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:23 am

We all know ain’t no one gonna change shit on this server for more people to join smh, I would just stop playing this server if you want rs3 things or late rs2 ideas

Game Administrator

Postby Admin adam » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:25 am

Hbg arab wrote:We all know ain’t no one gonna change shit on this server for more people to join smh, I would just stop playing this server if you want rs3 things or late rs2 ideas

lmaooo kishan

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion