Ideas for getting newer players?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Re: Ideas for getting newer players?

Postby Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:57 pm

Didn't read the whole conversation but just for my personal input for when I joined I noticed there's this superiority complex with a lot of the older players. They feel Superior to newer players because they've been around longer and no one wants to play a game where they will always feel less than as a player (or 2nd class if that makes sense). I think the community as a whole can benefit if we all tried to be a little more helpful towards each other with everything we do. But that's just my opinion and I'm sure this isn't the only problem it's just what I remember when I started pkh. And to put it into practice I always try to be helpful with all new ironmen I find and try to make them feel welcome to the server

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:00 pm

Thelategamer wrote:Didn't read the whole conversation but just for my personal input for when I joined I noticed there's this superiority complex with a lot of the older players. They feel Superior to newer players because they've been around longer and no one wants to play a game where they will always feel less than as a player (or 2nd class if that makes sense). I think the community as a whole can benefit if we all tried to be a little more helpful towards each other with everything we do. But that's just my opinion and I'm sure this isn't the only problem it's just what I remember when I started pkh. And to put it into practice I always try to be helpful with all new ironmen I find and try to make them feel welcome to the server

Yeah okay new kid

Postby Thearlygamer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:45 am

Admin adam wrote:
Thelategamer wrote:Didn't read the whole conversation but just for my personal input for when I joined I noticed there's this superiority complex with a lot of the older players. They feel Superior to newer players because they've been around longer and no one wants to play a game where they will always feel less than as a player (or 2nd class if that makes sense). I think the community as a whole can benefit if we all tried to be a little more helpful towards each other with everything we do. But that's just my opinion and I'm sure this isn't the only problem it's just what I remember when I started pkh. And to put it into practice I always try to be helpful with all new ironmen I find and try to make them feel welcome to the server

Yeah okay new kid

quiet b4 i bahn yu

Rookie

Postby Koekie » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:13 pm

I read something about respect and new players. I was kinda new and I always played with 2 friends. I think there is a lot of cursing and ppl taking smack too each other. But at the end of the story I'm getting banned for my name and the crappy staff can't do anything about it. I asked if they could change my name since I got like 100 hours afford in it. I'm playing now on a different rsps with my friends and its much better. You guys better stay there with the same old click, bullshitting on each other

Head Wiki Editor

Postby Jonas » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:27 pm

Stupid but brilliant idea: put "Subscribe to PewDiePie" in the advertisement. Ez players
Also add server broadcasts with: "Subscribe to PewDiePie".

Instantly at the top of the pewdiepie subreddit and ez exposure.

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:06 am

Koekie wrote:I read something about respect and new players. I was kinda new and I always played with 2 friends. I think there is a lot of cursing and ppl taking smack too each other. But at the end of the story I'm getting banned for my name and the crappy staff can't do anything about it. I asked if they could change my name since I got like 100 hours afford in it. I'm playing now on a different rsps with my friends and its much better. You guys better stay there with the same old click, bullshitting on each other

I told you the day it happened to post an appeal and we would transfer the items and stats to an account with an appropriate name.

Premium Donator

Postby Lieven » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:14 am

Admin adam wrote:
Koekie wrote:I read something about respect and new players. I was kinda new and I always played with 2 friends. I think there is a lot of cursing and ppl taking smack too each other. But at the end of the story I'm getting banned for my name and the crappy staff can't do anything about it. I asked if they could change my name since I got like 100 hours afford in it. I'm playing now on a different rsps with my friends and its much better. You guys better stay there with the same old click, bullshitting on each other

I told you the day it happened to post an appeal and we would transfer the items and stats to an account with an appropriate name.

Do yoU have Proof of that? ,,? fuckign shit staf
hi

Postby Sam » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:08 am

Something i've found in my recent encounters are new players joining the server "Pkhonor" expecting to see people pking although there aren't, again causing them to leave. (So perhaps more incentives to Pk) This goes for pures too, it would be amazing if so.

Honor Player

Postby Thierryu1 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:31 am

Fungamer wrote:
Admin adam wrote:

Do yoU have Proof of that? ,,? fuckign shit staf

Give him Admin status already.

Honor Player

Postby Nickrock234 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:12 am

Skiller wrote:What is it about the server you see as new-player unfriendly?

Hahahahahah@h@h@hHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ehh-hem, excuse me.

On topic, how about the toxic pvp yells when the staff are offline? It happens every night.

EDIT: Examples of some of the yells that go on when there aren't staff online, and times when there are staff online as well. Either way, they don't need to be broadcasted to the entire server like this.
Spoiler: show

Last edited by Nickrock234 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike wrote:Calling someone a smartass isn't offensive, especially when he's actually being a smartass.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion