Ideas for getting newer players?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Re: Ideas for getting newer players?

Postby Iron bubble » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:40 am

release basic content like rune pouch, thats been on 07 since 2k16, its almost 2k19 good shit

update more than once every 5 weeks
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble

Honor Player

Postby Ruler » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Wilderness bosses are indeed the most profitable, but sometimes new players also just want to compete with people that have been playing for years. That's not realistic. But I agree that bosses like kqueen used to be nice money making methods for newer players, but are not that great anymore.

New updates etc is not important for newer players. This server has a shitton of content so they will be busy for a while. New updates is mostly for older players and it seems pkhonor does it quite good with people that have played for a long time. I wouldn't mind more content myself though, always good.

I agree with what's said about armour. Starter armour (better than rune) is way too expensive.

Game Administrator

Postby Admin adam » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Iron bubble wrote:release basic content like rune pouch, thats been on 07 since 2k16, its almost 2k19 good shit

update more than once every 5 weeks

Suggested 1196 days ago btw

Known Venturer

Postby Tay roc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:45 am

Will be ok wrote:Yell has gotten what I find to be extremely toxic as of lately (myself included)
Staff should start giving out harsh punishments for this. ( I understand I’m apart of the problem)

As for new players in wilderness maybe somthing along the lines of new IP’s to the server have a choice to get a 8hour wilderness protection.
1) IP will make it impossible for veterans to make new aces to safely camp wilderness bosses’
2)will give these new players some type of support
3) can have the choice to take it or to decline it weather their intentions are to PK or PVM
(This wilderness protection is only active for the first 8hour game play of account)

SOFT! DUSTY! APPALLED! DISGUSTED!

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Will be ok wrote:Yell has gotten what I find to be extremely toxic as of lately (myself included)
Staff should start giving out harsh punishments for this. ( I understand I’m apart of the problem)

Step 1: Don't be a part of the problem. If you need harsh punishments to deter you from behaving like a cunt, you in fact are a cunt

Step 2: Get others to not be a part of the problem.

Problem solved.

Punishing people harsher isn't the solution to all problems. For example: If you make drugs "more illegal" and give longer jail sentences, the amount of people taking or dealing drugs wont change that much.

Of course this is so up until a point where the punishments become ridiculous. But then your country would fail in other aspects. So would PKH. People would just quit if the rules become too ridiculous.

Known Venturer

Postby Tay roc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:41 am

Fungamer wrote:For example: If you make drugs "more illegal" and give longer jail sentences, the amount of people taking or dealing drugs wont change that much.

Of course, this is so up until a point where the punishments become ridiculous. But then your country would fail in other aspects. So would PKH. People would just quit if the rules become too ridiculous.

Probably one of the worst analogies I've ever read. How have you just compared a real-life situation with someone being toxic on yell.

Of course, the number of people taking/dealing drugs wouldn't change that much if you give harsher punishments because there's a little thing called addiction in the real world and making ends meet. If I'm addicted to a drug making your punishments harsher will not deter me away from the drug. I'M ADDICTED

You cannot be addicted to being toxic on yell therefor punishing people harder may be the solution to this problem. Will it stop me? ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT.

Honor Player

Postby Counterret » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:47 am

Chill Lewis. Lieven has too many chromosomes to think like a normal human. Waking up is his biggest struggle don’t make it worse for him.

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Tay roc wrote:
You cannot be addicted to being toxic on yell

False. It may not be an addiction like being addicted to drugs, but socially awkward people like Pim in his previous post seem to be getting satisfaction out of continuously walking on the line and stirring up shit, no matter what the punishment.

Known Venturer

Postby Tay roc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Fungamer wrote:people like Pim in his previous post seem to be getting satisfaction out of continuously walking on the line and stirring up shit, no matter what the punishment.

If he hasn't crossed the line he's doing just fine babygurl.

Premium Donator

Postby Fungamer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Tay roc wrote:
Fungamer wrote:people like Pim in his previous post seem to be getting satisfaction out of continuously walking on the line and stirring up shit, no matter what the punishment.

If he hasn't crossed the line he's doing just fine babygurl.

That's the issue. By walking on that "line", the line is constantly being pushed further until there's a point where there's non-stop harassment, claims of biased staff and complaints about a toxic community start popping up. Harsh as fuck punishments and ipmute/ban-sprees will start to be given out to get the toxicity at bay. It has happened before a shit ton of times throughout PkH history but it only works temporarily.

Previous

Return to General Discussion