Ideas for getting newer players?

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Premium Donator

Ideas for getting newer players?

Postby Egolith » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:56 pm

This is more of an open-forum question that is on my mind recently.

Pkh has been out for a while, however the server hasn't been very newcomer friendly in most aspects. Which drives away a lot of the newer players that is giving the server a chance.

I would like to get ideas from both new and veteran players on ideas that can improve the experience and integration of newer players into the server, because PkH is (in my opinion) slowly dying...

EDIT: Also, please try to be polite and don't drop names. If we want to better our community, we have to work together to get there
Last edited by Egolith on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Developer

Re: Ideas for getting newer players?

Postby Skiller » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:58 pm

What is it about the server you see as new-player unfriendly?

Premium Donator

Postby Egolith » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:10 am

Skiller wrote:What is it about the server you see as new-player unfriendly?

I wanted to leave my own full opinion out of the first post so that people can come up with their own ideas.

Personally I'm finding issues in a few things:

-The change towards wildy bosses being one of the best money makers has cause newer players who want to get ahead being faced with veterans decked out in full pk gear. So maybe add more variety in how we can make money outside the wildy as well that competes with wildy bosses (doesn't have to be something easy, but something that would be an alternative)

-There is an issue with the yell feature that has been used for a long time, which is causing drama on yell that isn't necessary for other people who wants to see yells that are beneficial. I've seen this from a lot of people (i will include myself in this), including some staff, which honestly shouldn't happen as they are the one who have to take the moral high ground and be the examples of what the right thing is to do.

EDIT: Also to mention that in-game system notification specifically state "Please only use ::yell for buying, selling, questions and advertising"

-Slow to get new content. I can say much as I'm not personally a developer and don't know what Mike/Rapsey/Andres are doing workload-wise, but updates are very slim and seem to take a while to add even QoL updates. Nothing wrong with waiting, but when content starts to become dry and repetitive, a lot of players will leave for something that is fresh and changing.

Those are a few, but I'll keep it with that. I don't want this to be a witch hunt towards anyone, I just want to see things get better...
Last edited by Egolith on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novice

Postby Nisfara » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:19 am

I'm not saying I'm perfect but, one thing I'd say would be toxicity.

Premium Donator

Postby Egolith » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:24 am

Nisfara wrote:I'm not saying I'm perfect but, one thing I'd say would be toxicity.

This too, like we started off kinda laughing about the toxic environment. However I regret that it got to where it's basically a thing you might think of about our community. At the peak of me playing, I started to get toxic myself and was actually the reason I quit for a while. Like why can't we play a game and not make everyone get toxic?

Premium Donator

Postby Lieven » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:28 am

I blame adamthalion
hi

Premium Donator

Postby Egolith » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:33 am

Fungamer wrote:I blame adamthalion

Hey Fun, please don't bring it into a blaming one person thing. One person can't be the sole reason for all the issues. Please expand on this with more detailed things that us as a PkH community would need to do. I know it's tough and I have my own thoughts about people here, but we would need to throw that aside in order to move together into a better spot as a community and server

Premium Donator

Postby Slap a ho » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:40 am

Egolith wrote:

Hey Fun, please don't bring it into a blaming one person thing. One person can't be the sole reason for all the issues. Please expand on this with more detailed things that us as a PkH community would need to do. I know it's tough and I have my own thoughts about people here, but we would need to throw that aside in order to move together into a better spot as a community and server

Lmao. Mate, it’s a joke.

Premium Donator

Postby Egolith » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:42 am

Slap a ho wrote:
Egolith wrote:

Lmao. Mate, it’s a joke.

Been gone bro xD Can't tell if it's fake or real beef they have.

Honor Player

Postby Adamthalion » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:43 am

fuck you

Next

Return to General Discussion