NPC droptable revamp - kill logs required

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: NPC droptable revamp - kill logs required

Post by Iron adam » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:48 am

Mike wrote:They do have defense levels - as they always did - so calculating how long it takes to kill one cannot simply be done automatically. Even so, it would be off in one direction or the other. Live data, along with how expensive each trip is, gives us clear and accurate results to properly adjust drop tables.
Oh I was always told that there were no defense levels on monsters. And as a result bgs and swh didn't work on them. Could we get a list of all monster levels like the osrs wiki has? Or at least implement the lunar spell monster examine.
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Examine

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 am

Used the best off task dps gear for each dragon. Went super tryhard using vengeance, pray flicking in some cases, and switching between unholy comp and souls comp when I needed to heal. Looted without missing combat ticks. I was also using a bonecrusher so I wouldn't have to bank in the 15 minutes. Banking from the dragons tele takes about 25 seconds. This would add about 25 secs every 20ish kills depending on the monster and drops. I did not get crashed at all and had the amount of spawns listed for each. These kills are probably about the absolute highest possible for each, as most people don't have access to this gear and aren't going to be tryhard.
Spoiler: show
NPC: Bronze Dragon
Killed: 34 in 15 minutes
Players: 1
Gear: Void melee, Salve e, Chaos Tentacle, Unholy Comp/Souls Comp, DFS, Steads, Bring (i)
Used: 3 doses overload, 3 doses antifire, 2 doses super prayer, 19 vengeance casts
Spawn: 1
NPC: Iron Dragon
Killed: 32 in 15 minutes
Gear: Void melee, Salve e, Chaos Tentacle, Unholy Comp/Souls Comp, DFS, Steads, Bring (i)
Used: 3 doses overload, 3 doses antifire, 2 doses super prayer, 20 vengeance casts
NPC: Steel Dragon
Killed: 29 in 15 minutes
Used: 3 doses overload, 3 doses antifire, 2 doses super prayer, 19 vengeance casts
NPC: Green Dragon
Killed: 96 in 15 minutes
Used: 3 dose overload, 2 dose super pray
Spawn: 3
NPC: Blue Dragon
Killed: 85 in 15 minutes
Spawn: 2
NPC: Red Dragon
Killed: 62 in 15 minutes
Spawn: 2
NPC: Black Dragon
Killed: 72 in 15 minutes
Spawn: 3

Some Slayer Task logs:

Nex on Task:
NPC: Nex
Killed: 8 in 66 minutes
Gear: Slayer helm(On Task), Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, Bandos Kite, Slayer Brawlers
Used: 16 dose overload, 12 dose super antipoison, 27 dose saradomin brew, 15 dose super prayer, 93 vengeance casts, 1 tab
A lot of players use an honor at nex which speeds up kills a lot without reducing the profitability. So this isn't close to max kills per hour.
Fight caves:
NPC: Fight Caves
Killed: 1 takes about 30-35 minutes in max gear
Gear: Halo, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, Ddef/Elysian, Brawlers
Used: 4 doses overload, 6 doses super pray
Saradomin GWD:
NPC: Saradomin GWD (Zily and minions)
Killed: 18 in 25 minutes
Gear: Slayer Helm(On Task), Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp/Unholy Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, Ddef/Elysian, Slayer Brawlers, Zily Pet
Used: 5 doses overload, 4 doses super pray, 6 doses Saradomin Brew
This was with max gear, pray flicking, gear switching. So it should be about the max kills per hour for a solo player.
TSD:
NPC: Thermonuclear Smoke Devil
Killed: 56 in 35 minutes
Gear: Slayer Helm(On Task), Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp/Unholy Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, Ddef/Elysian, Slayer Brawlers, TSD Pet
Used: 8 ovl dose, 8 super antipoison, 12 super prayer, 33 vengeance casts
Corp:
NPC: Corp
Killed: 6 in 17 minutes
Gear: Slayer Helm(On Task), Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Zamorakian hasta, Chaos Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, Ddef/Elysian, Slayer Brawlers, Corp Pet
Used: 4 overload doses, 5 super restore doses, 189 saradomin brew doses, 3 tabs, 28 vengeance casts
Dagannoth Kings
NPC: Dagannoth Kings
Killed: 12 kills in 3.0 minutes
Gear: Slayer Helm(On Task), Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp/Unholy Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, Ddef, Slayer Brawlers
Used: 1 overload dose, 5 vengeance casts, 1 teletab
I had all three to myself and did just about max dps the whole time.
Nomad:
NPC: Nomad
Killed: 16 kills in 19 minutes
Players 1
Gear: Torva full helm, Torva platebody, Torva platelegs, Salve e, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp, Perfect ring, Steads, DDef/Elysian, Brawlers
Used: 4 overload doses, 6 Saradomin brew doses
I used fountain in poh so I didn't need pray pots.

Sudz
Known Venturer

Post by Sudz » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 am

Mike wrote:Hey everyone!

While I'm working out the final stages and hurdles regarding Avatars (of Creation and Destruction), I have something I'd like to ask of the community, or at least those who are interested in lending a helping hand. Considering PvM is a big thing in this server, I'm quite certain there will be no shortage of participation there ;)
There is no reward for this work, except for my thanks and an even better PvM experience ^^

What I want to do is calculate exactly how profitable every single PvM activity in PkHonor is. Since we have the exact droprates of every NPC already in our code, it's just a matter of writing a really small tool that calculates the average amount of money someone can gain per hour from any NPC.

The only information that we lack is how fast players actually manage to kill NPC's. I'm hoping some of you would be interested in posting a simple kill log on this thread, containing how many of each NPC you killed in one hour.
Half an hour or less also works, as long as I can accurately extrapolate it to one hour. Bosses that take a long time to kill (like Nex) are best to be done for at least an hour for more accurate data.

It would be preferable to use the best possible gear at your disposal (Death not included), so we know what the limit is for kills/hour, but you can freely choose the gear in which you do this, just as long as you state what it is. We don't need to know every single piece you wore, but we do need a general idea of whether it is the best gear for that NPC, as in the one that gives you the fastest killcount.
For the GWD, make sure you also include how long it took you to acquire the killcount to enter the room.

With this information, we'll be able to properly rebalance the droprates of our bosses (and other NPC's such as all types of dragons) and reduce the gap between the profitability of one boss versus another. Most importantly, we'll improve the droptables of all the NPC's that just aren't worth it right now, but a couple of bosses will have their drops slightly nerfed or made harder to kill. We'll make sure that hard to kill bosses have the highest profitability (per hour), while easier bosses and NPC's make less money, which is currently not always the case.

Lastly, we could also use some more suggestions regarding specific items to be added to NPC drops, or others to be removed because not a single person picks them up.

You don't need to use this specific form, but this will give you an idea of what information I need. Also, I do prefer people to edit their posts to add kill logs rather than make lots of new posts. Keep in mind: we don't need to know which drops you got - we already have that information in our code to calculate averages.
NPC:
Killed:
Players:
Gear:
Used:
For example:
NPC: Blue dragons
Killed: 21 in 5 mins
Gear: Lvl 126 main, full bandos, DFS, whip of chaos, curses
Used: 1 dose of super prayer pot, 1 rocktail (total cost 350K)

I planned on doing a big pvm video this week so I'll do a power hour at each boss and let you know.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:49 pm

Not completely precise, but:

NPC: Kraken
Killed: 49 in 58 min
Players: just me #ForeverAlone
Gear: Slayer helm, slayer brawlers, virtus robe tops+legs, glaiven boots, trident of the seas, magic enchanted comp cape, occult, perfect ring
Used: approx 80 brews, 12 super prayers, 6 ovls and 6 super antipoisons. Will be a lot less brews if you use something like druidic with blood barrage

NPC: Venenatis
Killed: 26 in 48 min
Players:/
Gear: Slayer helm, slayer brawlers, statius tops+legs, dboots, souls tent, chaos enchanted comp cape, fury, perfect ring
Used: approx 47 brews, 10 super prayers, 2.5 ovls and 2.5 super antipoisons.

NPC: Frost dragons
Killed: 85 in 27min
Players: /
Gear: Slayer helm, slayer brawlers, vesta tops+legs, steadfasts, unholy whip, chaos enchanted comp cape, salve e, perfect ring
Used: 3 super prayers, 1.5 ovls and 1.5 antifire

NPC: Barrelchest
Killed: 40 in 17 min
Players: /
Gear: Slayer helm, slayer brawlers, torva tops+legs, steadfasts, souls tent, chaos enchanted comp cape, salve e, perfect ring, dwarf cannon
used: 1 ovl, 4 super prayers, 6 brews

Daevien
Honor Player

Post by Daevien » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:18 am

I will be logging my elite tasks and will be updating logs frequently.

King Black Dragon
NPC: King Black Dragon (spawned)
Killed: 47 in 22 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragonfire shield, Dragon boots, Berserker ring
Used: 5 dose overload, 5 dose antifire, 12 dose super pray, 10 dose brew

NPC: King Black Dragon (spawned)
Killed: 40 in 20 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragonfire shield, Dragon boots, Berserker ring
Used: 5 dose overload, 5 dose antifire, 10 dose super pray, 14 dose brew
Chaos Elemental
NPC: Chaos Elemental (spawned)
Killed: 33 in 19 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragon defender, Dragon boots, Berserker ring
Used: 4 dose overload, 11 dose super pray, 28 dose brew

NPC: Chaos Elemental (spawned)
Killed: 22 in 13 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragon defender, Dragon boots, Berserker ring
Used: 3 dose overload, 8 dose super pray, 20 dose brew
Daggonoth Kings
NPC: Dagganoth Kings
Killed: 17 in 5 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragon defender, Steadfast boots, Berserker ring(i)
Used: 1 dose overload, 2 dose super pray

NPC: Dagganoth Kings
Killed: 46 in 13 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragon defender, Steadfast boots, Berserker ring(i)
Used: 3 dose overload, 6 dose super pray
Barrelchests
NPC: Barrelchests
Killed: 59 in 19 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragon defender, Steadfast boots, Berserker ring(i), Cannon + 400cballs
Used: 4 dose overload, 10 dose super pray, 21 dose brew

Killed: 61 in 20 minutes
Gear: Chaos tent, Enchanted Comp cape (souls), Slayer helm, Slayer brawlers, Torva plate, Torva legs, Fury, Dragon defender, Steadfast boots, Berserker ring(i), Cannon + 400cballs
Used: 4 dose overload, 10 dose super pray, 40 dose brew

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Thanks a lot folks! I've been able to put together some statistics and average profits for each of these NPC's. Now I just need some kills logs yet for the following monsters:

> WildyWyrm
> Giant mole
> Bandos GWD
> Zamorak GWD
> Armadyl GWD
> Kalphite Queen
> Glacor
> Mithril dragon
> Abyssal demon
> Dark beast
> Risky barrows
> Elf warrior/ranger (on crash island)

Dreamz
Premium Donator

Post by Dreamz » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Mike wrote:Thanks a lot folks! I've been able to put together some statistics and average profits for each of these NPC's. Now I just need some kills logs yet for the following monsters:

> WildyWyrm
> Giant mole
> Bandos GWD
> Zamorak GWD
> Armadyl GWD
> Kalphite Queen
> Glacor
> Mithril dragon
> Abyssal demon
> Dark beast
> Risky barrows
> Elf warrior/ranger (on crash island)
glad i could help lad

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 pm

All done in max gear, off task. Praying Melee and Turmoil.

Abyssal Demons:
NPC: Abyssal Demons
Killed: 108 in 20 minutes
Gear: Full Void Melee, Chaos Tent, Unholy Comp Cape, Dragon Defender, Salve e, Bring (i), Steadfast boots,
Used: 4 ovl doses, 8 super prayer doses
Dark Beasts:
NPC: Dark Beasts
Killed: 80 in 20 minutes
Gear: Full Void Melee, Chaos Tent, Unholy Comp Cape, Dragon Defender, Salve e, Bring (i), Steadfast boots,
Mithril Dragons:
NPC: Mithril Dragons (@Dragons tele)
Killed: 36 in 20 minutes
Gear: Full Void Melee, Chaos Tent, Souls Comp Cape, Dragonfire shield, Salve e, Bring (i), Steadfast boots,
Elves:
NPC: Elves
Killed: 136 in 20 minutes

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:59 pm

NPC: Kalphite Queen
Killed: 27 in 32 minutes
Gear: souls tent, Enchanted Comp cape (chaos), void, Fury, dragon defender, steadfast boots, Berserker ring (i), keris p++, treasenous ring (i).
Used: 2 ovl, 6 super pray, 2 super antipoison, 12 brew

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:58 am

Corporeal Beast:
NPC: Corporeal Beast
Killed: 10 in 18 minutes
Players: 1 regular player, 1 honor player
Gear: Slayer Helm, Pernix body, Pernix chaps, Armadyl Crossbow, Souls Comp Cape, Slayer Brawlers, Salve (e), Elysian SS, Glaiven Boots, Perfect ring, Ruby bolts (e)
Used: 4 ovl doses, 11 super restore doses, 28 Saradomin Brew doses

Method: Safespot Corp on the wall in the cave. Tele in with honor, ruby bolt spec with ACB for a guaranteed 120, vengeance and let honor account die. Repeat. When you die on the honor account, you get spec back. Might want to look into nerfing this. Although it is higher effort than killing corp the normal way, it is pretty op.
Barrelchests:
Killed: 32 in 12 minutes
Gear: Slayer Helm, Torva Platebody, Torva Platelegs, Chaos Tent, Dragon Defender, Souls Comp Cape, Perfect ring, Salve (e), Steadfast Boots, Slayer Brawlers
Used: 2 ovl doses, 4 saradomin brew doses, 2 super prayer doses, 18 vengeance casts, 221 cannonballs