NPC droptable revamp - kill logs required

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
Mike
Programmer

NPC droptable revamp - kill logs required

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Hey everyone!

I have something I'd like to ask of the community, or at least those who are interested in lending a helping hand. Considering PvM is a big thing in this server, I'm quite certain there will be no shortage of participation there ;)
There is no reward for this work, except for my thanks and an even better PvM experience ^^

What I want to do is calculate exactly how profitable every single PvM activity in PkHonor is. Since we have the exact droprates of every NPC already in our code, it's just a matter of writing a really small tool that calculates the average amount of money someone can gain per hour from any NPC.

The only information that we lack is how fast players actually manage to kill NPC's. I'm hoping some of you would be interested in posting a simple kill log on this thread, containing how many of each NPC you killed in one hour.
Half an hour or less also works, as long as I can accurately extrapolate it to one hour. Bosses that take a long time to kill (like Nex) are best to be done for at least an hour for more accurate data.

It would be preferable to use the best possible gear at your disposal (Death not included), so we know what the limit is for kills/hour, but you can freely choose the gear in which you do this, just as long as you state what it is. We don't need to know every single piece you wore, but we do need a general idea of whether it is the best gear for that NPC, as in the one that gives you the fastest killcount.
For the GWD, make sure you also include how long it took you to acquire the killcount to enter the room.

With this information, we'll be able to properly rebalance the droprates of our bosses (and other NPC's such as all types of dragons) and reduce the gap between the profitability of one boss versus another. Most importantly, we'll improve the droptables of all the NPC's that just aren't worth it right now, but a couple of bosses will have their drops slightly nerfed or made harder to kill. We'll make sure that hard to kill bosses have the highest profitability (per hour), while easier bosses and NPC's make less money, which is currently not always the case.

Lastly, we could also use some more suggestions regarding specific items to be added to NPC drops, or others to be removed because not a single person picks them up.

You don't need to use this specific form, but this will give you an idea of what information I need. Also, I do prefer people to edit their posts to add kill logs rather than make lots of new posts. Keep in mind: we don't need to know which drops you got - we already have that information in our code to calculate averages.
NPC:
Killed:
Players:
Gear:
Used:
For example:
NPC: Blue dragons
Killed: 21 in 5 mins
Players: 1
Gear: Lvl 126 main, full bandos, DFS, whip of chaos, curses
Used: 1 dose of super prayer pot, 1 rocktail (total cost 350K)

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Re: NPC droptable revamp - kill logs required

Post by Mr etho » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 pm

NPC: Dagganoth Kings
Killed: 30 kills in 10 minutes
Players: Just me
Gear:
Spoiler: show
Used: 2 prayer pots - 1 overload dose.

Item Removals: Remove all helmets (archer, farseer, berserker helm) Wizard boots, Seercull and magic comp.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:54 pm

I've got a kraken task so I will make sure to track that one, but I can already say Vene can get a massive boost. It's a fun boss, but it has an insane accuracy. The loots are really disappointing, especially because you barely get clue scrolls from it (especially because it's supposed to be much better as it is in the wildy). Bosses like chaos ele are much easier (although more riskier, higher lvl wildy) and drop elites regularly, whereas vene drops them once in a lifetime...

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Do monsters still not have defense levels? If that is the case, then for most monsters it would be as simple as calculating your dps based on max hit. If you could provide the formula used to calculate damage/accuracy, then we could easily calculate the average time to kill each monster. That combined with respawn times would give the kills per hour. The amount of prayer points used per hour can easily be calculated based on your prayer bonus. Amount of stat boosting potions used per hour is also very easy.

It gets a little more complicated for bosses where you have to use brews. That is where it is probably better to gather data from players. But for all dragons, and anything that you don't need to brew/eat against. Calculating dps is the best way to go.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Whatever you do don't kill off money makers for newer players

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:24 pm

NPC: Tormented Demons
Killed: 20 in 15 minutes
Gear: Full torva,salve e, unholy tentacle, perfect ring, steadfast boots, divine spirit shield, chaos completionist cape
Used: 2 overloads, 5 super prayer potions , 7 saradomin brews
NPC: Ice strykewyrm
Killed: 43 in 15 minutes
Gear: Full torva,salve e, unholy tentacle, perfect ring, steadfast boots, divine spirit shield, chaos completionist cape
Used: 2 overloads, 5 super prayer potions, 5 saradomin brews
NPC: Barrelchests
Killed: 34 in 15 minutes
Used: 2 overloads, 5 super prayers, 4 saradomin brews

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 am

Mr etho wrote:Item Removals: Remove all helmets (archer, farseer, berserker helm) Wizard boots, Seercull and magic comp.
Those items could be useful to lower tiered ironmen though (not the Seercull).
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:38 am

Sverre wrote:I've got a kraken task so I will make sure to track that one, but I can already say Vene can get a massive boost. It's a fun boss, but it has an insane accuracy. The loots are really disappointing, especially because you barely get clue scrolls from it (especially because it's supposed to be much better as it is in the wildy). Bosses like chaos ele are much easier (although more riskier, higher lvl wildy) and drop elites regularly, whereas vene drops them once in a lifetime...
All the more reason for someone to post a kill log for Venenatis, so we can see by how much we should boost its drops. Also, you are correct, the clue drop chance on Venenatis is much lower than the Chaos Elemental, even though the boss is harder to kill. That being said, I've slightly lowered its accuracy (it was indeed too high) and more than doubled the drop chance on a clue. For the other item drops, I'm counting on player participation and my tool to calculate how much to improve them.
Adamthalion wrote:Do monsters still not have defense levels? If that is the case, then for most monsters it would be as simple as calculating your dps based on max hit. If you could provide the formula used to calculate damage/accuracy, then we could easily calculate the average time to kill each monster. That combined with respawn times would give the kills per hour. The amount of prayer points used per hour can easily be calculated based on your prayer bonus. Amount of stat boosting potions used per hour is also very easy.

It gets a little more complicated for bosses where you have to use brews. That is where it is probably better to gather data from players. But for all dragons, and anything that you don't need to brew/eat against. Calculating dps is the best way to go.
They do have defense levels - as they always did - so calculating how long it takes to kill one cannot simply be done automatically. Even so, it would be off in one direction or the other. Live data, along with how expensive each trip is, gives us clear and accurate results to properly adjust drop tables.

I guess the biggest issue in this might be ::prices. The drops of NPC's would need to have somewhat accurate prices in our database or we won't be able to make proper estimates on profitability.
Azu rite wrote:Whatever you do don't kill off money makers for newer players
We don't intend on doing so. I think, if anything, we'll end up making lower level PvM more profitable for new players, so they don't just have to kill dragons for their bones.

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:36 am

Color x wrote:
Mr etho wrote:Item Removals: Remove all helmets (archer, farseer, berserker helm) Wizard boots, Seercull and magic comp.
Those items could be useful to lower tiered ironmen though (not the Seercull).
Yeah, but they get Robin Hood Hat and Helm of Neitzot from Dagganoths anyways and you also get Infinity Hat for mage. :)

Iron bubble
Premium Donator

Post by Iron bubble » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 am

Mike wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:Do monsters still not have defense levels? If that is the case, then for most monsters it would be as simple as calculating your dps based on max hit. If you could provide the formula used to calculate damage/accuracy, then we could easily calculate the average time to kill each monster. That combined with respawn times would give the kills per hour. The amount of prayer points used per hour can easily be calculated based on your prayer bonus. Amount of stat boosting potions used per hour is also very easy.

They do have defense levels - as they always did - so calculating how long it takes to kill one cannot simply be done automatically. Even so, it would be off in one direction or the other. Live data, along with how expensive each trip is, gives us clear and accurate results to properly adjust drop tables.
Always thought monsters didn't have defense levels on here. Does this mean the Statius Warhammer Special attack or the Bandos Godsword special attack work as they're supposed to on monsters?
Roasted by King Roald...

Sir Bubbles

Iron bubble