Always stop attack on weapon switch

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.

Always attack on weapon switch (and remove option in ::settings)?

Yes, always stop attacking on weapon switch
26%
No, leave it as a toggle in ::settings, as it is now
74%

Total votes: 50

Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Always stop attack on weapon switch

Post by Rwter » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:55 pm

Opulent wrote:
Kishan wrote:but yeah i guess if us maxed pkers want to keep shredding new people then let's keep korasi divine cwar armours no reclicking etc :)
Just throwing it in that if there wasn't intended ragging for no reason it would help keeping new pkers here a little longer. Or even attract current members who refrain from pking to visit more often in wild.
Yeah i guess we just don't want new pkers in general :)

First born

Post by First born » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Xsquire1 wrote:Its always better to give the community an option instead of forcing them to adapt. Leave it as is.

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:35 pm

Spirit tank wrote:I understand your viewpoint Kishan, but you have to understand new players may not like that. Also in pvm i would like if i did a weapon switch that it would continue attacking. As for the pking aspect there's an option to toggle, so that's up to the players you fight if they want to toggle it off or on.
This would definitely hurt pvmers if they didn't get the auto swap as well. It should just remain an option.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:10 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:
Spirit tank wrote:I understand your viewpoint Kishan, but you have to understand new players may not like that. Also in pvm i would like if i did a weapon switch that it would continue attacking. As for the pking aspect there's an option to toggle, so that's up to the players you fight if they want to toggle it off or on.
This would definitely hurt pvmers if they didn't get the auto swap as well. It should just remain an option.
How? Lol? If you're pvming and you swap, and you somehow forget to re-click, your auto-retaliate will do the job..

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 pm

Jonas wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:
How? Lol? If you're pvming and you swap, and you somehow forget to re-click, your auto-retaliate will do the job..
Most people turn it off

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:34 pm

Jonas wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:
what if the minions atk you and u retaliate on them, then it could be a wasted spec. its a helpful feature that a lot of people take for granted, losing could cause a lot of anger in the community.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:07 am

Doubt I'll ever step foot in the wildy again if this change passes. :thumbsdown:

First born

Post by First born » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:26 am

Simon wrote:Doubt I'll ever step foot in the wildy again if this change passes. :thumbsdown:

Pls live

Post by Pls live » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:01 am

It's not broken, might as well just leave it alone.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:17 am

Grizzly mint wrote:I prefer it the way it is.

When I brid, I toggle it on. When I edge Pk, I toggle it off. The best of both worlds.

Plus, I'd rather have stacking be fixed over anything else when it comes to bridding. That's truly what holds it back.
Stacking is a problem in regards to PID. It's a core game mechanic and might not be so easy for me to fix.

Then again, it's good that you bring it up again. With all of the new insights I have in our new client, I might find a way to make whoever you're fighting (or is attacking you) show up on top of everyone else. I'm not going to make promises, except that I'll give it a try ;)

Also interesting to see the current poll results.

I do understand why it's a cool thing to have in PVM. I'm certainly a big fan of it and personally always toggle the option off as it makes for easier testing on my part.
Perhaps it would be a better idea to restrict the option only in PVP or in certain wilderness areas. Just a wild idea.

I do agree with the 'needs of the many vs needs of the few' viewpoint, but at the same time I would really like for everyone to get the best out of the server. Meaning I always want to find a solution that everyone can be happy with - that often comes down to a third option, sometimes concessions on both parts. Sometimes we have to give in to the majority of the community, sometimes we have to give in to those who make the strongest argument. So far I'll go with the majority, but do want the PK'ing mechanics to improve for everyone as well.

Let's see what we can do to improve this suggestion, shall we?