Start paying the bills again

Discuss anything and everything about PkHonor.
The underdog
Premium Donator

Start paying the bills again

Post by The underdog » Sat May 27, 2023 9:05 pm

Putting everything on hold is fine but can we at least keep this thing running?
#Justice4Church

Monys
Forum Addict

Re: Start paying the bills again

Post by Monys » Sun May 28, 2023 1:32 am

Move to jokes

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sun May 28, 2023 1:44 am

It took me 4 hours to get a stable enough connection to the forums to respond. This is actually really bad. There were 80 players on through peak time today because half of the time, people cant log in or consistently dc. I don't know what the cause of this is, but it should be a priority to fix.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun May 28, 2023 3:23 pm

Can the problem be acknowledged please, don't care when it's fixed I'll find something else to do but would be nice not going into a week of radio silence or longer.

Even if you don't care you can always type a lie in one sentence at no effort, better than nothing.

Just in case you aren't already aware:
Website/forums etc doesn't work for shit.
Logging in Ingame is a struggle as well requiring many attempts.
#Justice4Church

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sun May 28, 2023 4:37 pm

Inb4fullban

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sun May 28, 2023 7:36 pm

We are well aware of the issues and are doing what we can to solve them ASAP.

For what it's worth, when the website doesn't load right away, you can usually get it to respond with a hard refresh (ctrl-F5).

EDIT: Actually, if you'd like to complain and contribute at the same time, it would be helpful to post your observations on this thread as the situation evolves. What works, what doesn't, are things getting better or worse, etc.

Iron vok
Honor Player

Post by Iron vok » Sun May 28, 2023 11:14 pm

Almost without fail, at least on my end, the same thing happens every time.

1st is I get a normal error

2nd time it takes ages and logs into a black screen, just to insta log back out

3rd time it logs in flawlessly and instantly.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon May 29, 2023 12:56 am

For logging into the game there are a few issues that I have noticed. @Rapsey
  • When you double click your client icon to open the client, it loads the black box (client not just command prompt) and then does nothing else.
  • The client makes it past the phase of being a black box. The loading bar gets stuck at about 80%.
  • The client loads all the way. When you attempt to log in, it attempts to connect for about 30 seconds and then gives the Error connecting to server message.
  • You successfully log in and can see your account and loc for 1 second and then it freezes and you get stuck in a disconnect/reconnect cycle. It cycles 3 times and then disconnects you. Other people online can see your account connecting and disconnecting. You can not see anything that is going on around you, as your client is a still image that can not be interacted with. (Different from the kind of disconnection, where you can still open right click menus but no actions go through.)
  • You successfully log in all the way. You randomly disconnect from the server and cant get back in.
It does not seem like any of these issues are correlated to any given point in time. The best way around it is to keep closing and reopening you client and hope you get through all the issues.

The Forums/MCP/Wiki/etc. have a variety of issues going on as well.
  • Can't load anything and you get that google chrome error page.
  • Can't load anything and you get to the ddos protection page (cloudflare? or whichever one we have)
  • You can connect to the page but it loads in that wonky html format.
  • Pages load the header and some other stuff, but none of the thread content.
  • Pages fully load but are not responsive. Clicking reply/submit/etc. dont do anything.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Mon May 29, 2023 4:49 am

The requests for various CSS elements are taking 10+ seconds to complete. The two files I observed failing while trying to post this were

styles/prosilver/theme/pkhonor.css?v=3.2.10
styles/prosilver/theme/plupload.css?assets_version=53

These take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to be served, then the browser caches them to a memory cache and everything is fine for a bit.

Chrome also reports itself to be waiting for "gstatic.com". I think the static file host is causing issues, both for CSS and some data files the client needs, which is what causes Adam's reported issue of the loading bar hanging at 80%, at the least.

Some more info:
Disabled caching and tried loading forums. First attempt was a CloudFlare 524. Second attempt was this.
pkh_network_request.PNG
So you can see a lot of the static assets are in the 300ms to 1.7 minute range. The obviously concerning ones are the 1.7 minute ones, but 300 ms is also pretty bad imo.

1.7 minutes is oddly close to the CloudFlare timeout of 100 seconds. Maybe coincidence maybe not. I think the request is retrying at 100 seconds and succeeding. Maybe the solution client-wise is just shorter timeouts and more retries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Tue May 30, 2023 9:51 pm

Bigggg disconnect from already being online, for seemingly everyone? Back online now THO THANKS TO @JUNTOW
#Justice4Church