Zulrah release imminent

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Programmer
Online
User avatar
Posts: 5051
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Zulrah release imminent

Postby Mike » Tue May 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Today, I have finished the final modifications and bugfixes of the boss itself and I have completed the implementation of all Toxic items - the Serpentine, Magma & Tanzanite Helm, Toxic Blowpipe and the Trident of The Swamp! All of these items work exactly the same way they do in OSRS (creating, charging, checking, uncharging, dismantling, effects, special attacks, ...), with 2 minor exceptions:
> The toxic blowpipe can be loaded using regular and poisoned darts. However, the blowpipe will never apply poison, only venom.
> Once venom has reached the cap of 20 damage, it will wear off and turn into regular poison instead (starting at 6 damage and reducing over time). Please see our official poll to decide whether you think this minor change is a good idea or not.

There are now 4 things remaining on my to-do list before the final release (currently planned for tomorrow, unless new bugs are discovered):
> Save all charges of toxic items in the database (they are currently lost upon relogging)
> Rework the timing of damage rolls in both PvM and PvP (so it works exactly like OSRS)
> Add more drops to Zulrah, based on the drop lists provided by James & the GQC
> Do a final round of Zulrah & all its items to make sure there are no bugs left
> Make the ring of recoil degrade


You can access the zulrah testserver at https://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_zulrah_test.jar
For those who already downloaded a zulrah testclient before the posting of this thread, please redownload it as there have been some adjustments!

There are 3 different ways to get to Zulrah:
1) Become a premium member and use the 'Zulrah portal' at Premium island (currently simply called 'Portal' but the name will be changed at the update)
2) Make some progress in the Correcting History quest - the sailor at port Phasmatys can sail you to Tyras camp, from where it's only a short walk South along the coast to Zulrah
3) Purchase a Zulrah teleport scroll for 800K coins in a general supplies store or any slayer store


This testserver is completely disconnected from the live server, meaning any progress you make on the test server will not affect your real account in any way. You can spawn items with ::item (or ::i, like ::i 4151 to spawn a whip - see https://wiki.pkhonor.net/stats/items and https://wiki.pkhonor.net/stats/equipment), get 99 in all stats with ::master, complete quests and achievements with ::q1, ::q2, ::q3 and ::ach, heal yourself with ::healme, restore prayer points with ::pray, switch spellbooks with ::normal, ::ancient and ::lunar, spawn food with ::food, cash with ::xrich; teleport around with ::tele x y, ::xplus x, ::xmin x, ::yplus y and ::ymin y.

Feel free to leave any feedback you have on this thread - if you find any bugs or glitches, have questions about how things work or have suggestions to be implemented before the final release on the live server, please leave your posts here!

Senior Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Adamthalion » Tue May 16, 2017 7:14 pm

Good to hear. A few comments:
I think the Zul-Andrah Teleport scroll should cost more. Maybe 2m.
Now that the ring of recoil is degradable, can we expect the ring of suffering sometime in the near future? Obviously this would require the implementation of Demonic Gorillas, which would allow a lot of new content. (Zenyte jewelry, Ballista)
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_suffering

Does the Blowpipe work with chaos comp? That would make it hit once per tick on rapid. Is the blowpipe going to be 1 tick slower in pvp as it is in OSRS? Are dragon darts going to be kept rare and expensive as to not make the Blowpipe overpowered.

Premium Donator
User avatar
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Respire1337 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Just tried out the 3 items in the test server. They all work as it should, but when you use the Trident of the Swamp, you go invisible while you use the in-built spell.
Image

Programmer
Online
User avatar
Posts: 5051
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: PkHonor HQ

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Mike » Tue May 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Adamthalion wrote:Good to hear. A few comments:
I think the Zul-Andrah Teleport scroll should cost more. Maybe 2m.
Now that the ring of recoil is degradable, can we expect the ring of suffering sometime in the near future? Obviously this would require the implementation of Demonic Gorillas, which would allow a lot of new content. (Zenyte jewelry, Ballista)
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_suffering

Does the Blowpipe work with chaos comp? That would make it hit once per tick on rapid. Is the blowpipe going to be 1 tick slower in pvp as it is in OSRS? Are dragon darts going to be kept rare and expensive as to not make the Blowpipe overpowered.


The blowpipe does indeed currently work with the chaos comp cape. I've justed tested it - it is indeed too fast in PvM. I did increase the attack speed in PvM by 1, so I think it might be best to just keep the speed the same for PvM and PvP and allow players to use the chaos comp cape to get the same result as the blowpipe would in PvM in OSRS.

As for dragon darts, we'll probably keep them rare. Though it might be interesting to add iron/steel darts to the ranged store.
And yeah sure, we can have the Demonic gorilla's at some point in the future. Though I think for the next couple of months, we'll mostly be focused on wilderness and PvP content.

Respire1337 wrote:Just tried out the 3 items in the test server. They all work as it should, but when you use the Trident of the Swamp, you go invisible while you use the in-built spell.


Redownload the last client ;) you probably used an old client from before I posted this thread.

Thanks for testing!

Premium Donator
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby A iron girl » Tue May 16, 2017 7:39 pm

degradable recoil.. rip

Premium Donator
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby A iron girl » Tue May 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Mike wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:Good to hear. A few comments:
I think the Zul-Andrah Teleport scroll should cost more. Maybe 2m.
Now that the ring of recoil is degradable, can we expect the ring of suffering sometime in the near future? Obviously this would require the implementation of Demonic Gorillas, which would allow a lot of new content. (Zenyte jewelry, Ballista)
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_suffering

Does the Blowpipe work with chaos comp? That would make it hit once per tick on rapid. Is the blowpipe going to be 1 tick slower in pvp as it is in OSRS? Are dragon darts going to be kept rare and expensive as to not make the Blowpipe overpowered.


The blowpipe does indeed currently work with the chaos comp cape. I've justed tested it - it is indeed too fast in PvM. I did increase the attack speed in PvM by 1, so I think it might be best to just keep the speed the same for PvM and PvP and allow players to use the chaos comp cape to get the same result as the blowpipe would in PvM in OSRS.

As for dragon darts, we'll probably keep them rare. Though it might be interesting to add iron/steel darts to the ranged store.
And yeah sure, we can have the Demonic gorilla's at some point in the future. Though I think for the next couple of months, we'll mostly be focused on wilderness and PvP content.

Respire1337 wrote:Just tried out the 3 items in the test server. They all work as it should, but when you use the Trident of the Swamp, you go invisible while you use the in-built spell.


Redownload the last client ;) you probably used an old client from before I posted this thread.

Thanks for testing!



I feel like demonic gorillas are just the osrs version of tormented demons and ballista is the osrs version of handcannon, albeit far stronger. Is it possible to just add the zenyte items to tormented demons and buff handcannon?

Senior Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:07 am
Location: Middle Earth

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Adamthalion » Tue May 16, 2017 7:58 pm

A iron girl wrote:I feel like demonic gorillas are just the osrs version of tormented demons and ballista is the osrs version of handcannon, albeit far stronger. Is it possible to just add the zenyte items to tormented demons and buff handcannon?

Technically that is true. But our tormented demons to not have even close to the same mechanics as the demonic gorillas in OSRS. Again, I think it is important to be consistent with OSRS in terms of their exclusive items. They should either be added in the proper way, or not added at all.

Premium Donator
User avatar
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Club Stauff

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Color x » Tue May 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Sorry, is it just me, or is blowpipe supposed to hit more than 28 with maxed void range?
Image

Premium Donator
User avatar
Posts: 16946
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 am
Location: Over there in that one place

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Azu rite » Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Color x wrote:Sorry, is it just me, or is blowpipe supposed to hit more than 28 with maxed void range?

http://osrstools.com/ranged-max-hit
Little outdated but yeah


Edit http://oldschool.tools/calculators/ranged-max-hit
Last edited by Azu rite on Tue May 16, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Premium Donator
User avatar
Posts: 921
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: Club Stauff

Re: Zulrah release imminent

Postby Color x » Tue May 16, 2017 8:09 pm

You stop moving when switching weapons now:
https://streamable.com/8j3q6
Image

Next

Return to Developers Blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests