16 March Updates: new trial dev, QoL, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

16 March Updates: new trial dev, QoL, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Sadly no wilderness achievement diary yet - preperations are still being made and the achievement diary discussion is still ongoing. A few of the PvP tasks will certainly be removed, a couple of them lowered in amounts and a few new ones added, but I'm hoping to get most of it sorted out within the next week. No promises on that timeframe though, we want this to be done properly.

There is one piece of good news, however: Jeremy, also known as The Builder is now officially our next trial developer and his first task will be to create an Easter event! Throughout the next weeks, myself and Andres will be guiding him through the code and help him wherever needed to make sure he can deliver quality features to our game. Although this may slow down my own progress on the game code in the near future, the payoff is even more and faster updates in the long run.

Also a few more bugfixes and improvements today:
  • Whenever you follow (or attack) another player or NPC, not only will they appear on top of other players or NPC's, they will now also have left-click priority over everything and everyone that's visually standing in front of them (for clarification, see Adam's post about left-click priority)
  • The drop rate of Granite Mauls from Gargoyles has been significantly increased
  • The drop rate of Abyssal Whips from Abyssal Demons has been slightly increased
  • Lava dragon, Barrelchest, Ice Strykewyrm, Tormented Demon and Bork kills are now recorded in the PoH bookcase
  • Fixed a bug where you couldn't use a Zulrah teleport scroll in combat (you still needed 1 law and 3 air runes)
  • Instanced Scorpia is now able to hit with its melee attacks from a distance and is now also aggressive towards the person who spawned it
  • Fixed a bug where an instanced Scorpia's offspring wouldn't respawn when killed
  • Fixed a bug where several trees didn't have the correct matching tree stump when being cut down
  • Fixed a bug where the Giant Mole could get killed through poison or venom when burrowed, preventing it from respawning. This needs to be verified however, since we're not even sure if this is what caused it to despawn in the first place
  • Whenever you manage to make an extra potion while wearing a full 3rd Age Druidic set and having a full inventory, the extra potion will now drop on the floor where you can pick it up
  • The following treasure trail rewards now provide protection against all GWD minions: Ancient Chaps, Bracers, Dragonhide and Coif, along with the rune trimmed Ancient Platebody, Full Helm, Kiteshield, Platelegs and Plateskirt
  • The following treasure trail rewards now provide protection against all Armadyl GWD minions: Armadyl Chaps, Bracers, Dragonhide and Coif, along with the rune trimmed Armadyl Platebody, Full Helm, Kiteshield, Platelegs and Plateskirt
  • The following treasure trail rewards now provide protection against all Bandos GWD minions: Bandos Chaps, Bracers, Dragonhide and Coif, along with the rune trimmed Bandos Platebody, Full Helm, Kiteshield, Platelegs and Plateskirt
  • The Kalphite Queen transition between the two forms has been visually improved
  • If you enter the wrong PIN 4 times in a row and you have to wait 1 hour before you can try again, you now get a proper countdown timer on your login screen with the correct time
  • Fixed a bug where players could check if someone else is online by trying to log in in on the other account. You would always receive the "this player is already online" message even when using a wrong password

And of course don't forget about our currently ongoing Callisto event with +20% drop rates and double pet drops, ending in:

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Re: 16 March Updates: new trial dev, QoL, bugfixes

Post by Migetmanz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:32 pm

yay, thanks for the updates :)

We severely needed more g-maul's

#1st

Huge gtz to Jeremy, I know it's only trial but that is a huge step!
:D :D :D :D

Gungan
Premium Donator

Post by Gungan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Fantastic, managed to sell 100 mauls and 80 whips before update.

Buying back all g mauls, 5m each
Buying back all whips, 8m each

Wet wizard
Premium Donator

Post by Wet wizard » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:39 pm

What's the purpose behind raising the drop rate for whip? even gmaul? there's plenty ingame already with no item sinks lol
we need combat tweaked
we need better/more unique drop tables
we need wilderness changes
we need current content smoothed out/adjusted so it isn't dead content
we need item sinks

not to burst any bubbles, but the wilderness diaries aren't going to revive the wilderness and be the fix you're looking for :shrug:

ty for the qol

edit: i hate to be that guy that comes off as just "oh nothing you're doing is good enough" bc I do appreciate even small tweaks/fixes, but there's much bigger things we need rn

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Wet wizard wrote:What's the purpose behind raising the drop rate for whip? even gmaul? there's plenty ingame already with no item sinks lol
we need combat tweaked
we need item sinks

not to burst any bubbles, but the wilderness diaries aren't going to revive the wilderness and be the fix you're looking for :shrug:

ty for the qol

edit: i hate to be that guy that comes off as just "oh nothing you're doing is good enough" bc I do appreciate even small tweaks/fixes, but there's much bigger things we need rn
tbh g maul should be really cheap like under 5m. It's honestly kinda weird how much it actually is. On the flip side, dfs should be expensive.

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Mike wrote: [*] Fixed a bug where players could check if someone else is online by trying to log in in on the other account. You would always receive the "this player is already online" message even when using a wrong password
IIRC you can do ::checkratio or whatever command to see if someone is online.

Wet wizard
Premium Donator

Post by Wet wizard » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Migetmanz wrote:
Wet wizard wrote:What's the purpose behind raising the drop rate for whip? even gmaul? there's plenty ingame already with no item sinks lol
we need combat tweaked
we need item sinks

ty for the qol

tbh g maul should be really cheap like under 5m. It's honestly kinda weird how much it actually is. On the flip side, dfs should be expensive.
why should an item that gives potential to 1tick full hp kills be 5m

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Wet wizard wrote:
It has that x factor true enough, but we all know how inaccurate g maul is. Just look at the prices on osrs in comparison. G maul is like 31k dfs is 7.6m, on here maul is 80m dfs 50m.

I know I know.. this is not osrs.. but still, something is wrong with that

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Migetmanz wrote:
Wet wizard wrote:
It has that x factor true enough, but we all know how inaccurate g maul is. Just look at the prices on osrs in comparison. G maul is like 31k dfs is 7.6m, on here maul is 80m dfs 50m.

I know I know.. this is not osrs.. but still, something is wrong with that
That comparison makes absolutely no sense. Hundreds of people kill gargs all day on OSRS. Coupled with a fairly common drop rate, of course g mauls are cheap. Visage has an extremely rare drop rate, and the NPC's are much harder to kill than PKH.

OT: Good stuff. And congratulations Bob the builder developer.

Thierryu1
Premium Donator

Post by Thierryu1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:13 pm

"Fixed a bug where several trees didn't have the correct matching tree stump when being cut down"

Finally.