Construction development (4 September 2013)

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Construction development (4 September 2013)

Post by Mike » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:59 pm

A new version of construction has hereby been released on the test server (http://www.pkhonor.net/test or http://www.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.jar), containing the following:

-> You can now build every single piece of furniture in every room, except a combat ring in the combat room or furniture in the dungeons (these will be implemented later). Note that you can't use any of the furniture yet, apart from the trees, staircases, ladders and trapdoors.
-> Fixed chairs facing the wrong direction in your parlour. For those who already had chairs before this release, you'll need to remove and re-add them to fix them.
-> You can now properly use ::xteleto and ::xteletome in player-owned houses
-> Random events now work properly in a player-owned house (both in normal and build mode)
-> Fixed the glitch where it would say 'you need a crafting level of 99 to mine limestone brick' if your crafting level is below 12 (graphical glitch)
-> Fixed the costume room in normal mode
-> The maximum house size is now 7x7 instead of 9x9 so you can always walk around your house. 9x9 is also needlessly large and RuneScape itself didn't allow houses bigger than 7x7 anyway.
-> Yell colors are now dark blue again (the black yells was a bug)
-> Fixed a bug where you sometimes couldn't enter your own house
-> You can now immediately kick all guests from your house when you want to enter in building mode
-> When removing a portal, it will no longer ask 'do you want to remove this crude wooden chair?'
-> The ID of the limestone brick has been fixed. You can now use limestone bricks (obtained at the crafting guild) to build furniture.
-> You can now only put plants and trees when you have the proper bagged plants or trees
-> You can now only enter a player-owned house while near the POH portal in varrock. You can no longer walk or teleport away from it and then still use it.
-> The dungeon should have been fixed (no longer spawning in the wrong place or getting stuck)
-> The building process of a dungeon entrance is now less confusing
-> A house should no longer get glitched (become black/invisible) when you have visitors

Feel free to test the construction skill and report any bugs you find in it. I will continue working on the skill so players can build all furniture, including the combat ring and stuff in the dungeon. Once that's done, every single piece of furniture will be given a proper use and several other features will be added to the skill. It will then be released for final testing by the community.
While the community tests the skill, I will be working on the new random event and if possible also clue scrolls.

When we're confident there are no more bugs in the final version of the skill, it will be released (along with everything else) on the real server.

Maurits
Honor Player

Re: Construction development (4 September 2013)

Post by Maurits » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Goodjob Mike, can't wait for this to be 100% complete.

Found glitches.
* All the tool stores (1/2/3/4/5) cost 2 oak planks.
* When trying to build a combat ring (or anything else in that area) takes your items. (I know it doesn't orignally work, but shouldn't take items)
* Climb Up and Climb Down do nothing.
* When building up you get glitched and can't go back down.

Items that need to be added.
* Silverlight.
* Excalibur.
* Darklight.

* Arthur portrait: 1.
* Elena portrait: 1.
* Keldagrim protrait: 1.
* Misc. portrait: 1.

* Small map: 1.
* Medium map: 1.
* Large map: 1.

* Crawling hand.
* Cockatrice head.
* Basilisk head.
* Kurask head.
* Abyssal head.
* Kbd head.
* Kq head.

* Big bass.
* Big swordfish.
* Big shark.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Combat ring will be fixed when I add it, so that bug doesn't really matter.

As for tool stores, I can't remember exactly how it works in Runescape, but I figured it would be nice to give the players the ability to choose where to add which tool store.
In any case, if you say they all cost 2 oak planks, what do you think they *should* cost?

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:26 pm

Mike wrote:Combat ring will be fixed when I add it, so that bug doesn't really matter.

As for tool stores, I can't remember exactly how it works in Runescape, but I figured it would be nice to give the players the ability to choose where to add which tool store.
In any case, if you say they all cost 2 oak planks, what do you think they *should* cost?
level 1 - 2 oak panks.
level 2 - 4 oak planks.
level 3 - 6 oak planks.
level 4 - 8 oak planks.
level 5 - 10 oak planks.

They should have the ability to add and remove tools from it, if that doesn't get added keep it at 2 each.

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:31 pm

first normal to post and why does the combat ring not work

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Mike wrote: -> Fixed the glitch where it would say 'you need a crafting level of 99 to mine limestone brick' if your crafting level is below 12 (graphical glitch)
Hmmm so it was only graphical glitch? I was unable to mine them without 99 crafting, it wasn't just about the message.
There is only one.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Keep up the good work. :)

Sickle
Forum Addict

Post by Sickle » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Items that need to be added:
All the beers for the beer barrels in kitchen.
Wool
Candle
Lumbridge painting
Desert painting
Morytania painting
Karamja painting
Isafdar painting
Clockwork

I'll merge this later with Maurits's post.

E: New thing, in games room, "Jester" cannot be removed... The others in this room and that "game" spot however can be removed

E: Another: It refuses to let me build or remove on this side of the table.
here however, i can build and remove.

You get Bob'd while training way too often. And also, when you come back from bob, your servant runs back to the portal and stops following you, which is annoying.
There is only one.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Maurits wrote:
Mike wrote:Combat ring will be fixed when I add it, so that bug doesn't really matter.

level 1 - 2 oak panks.
level 2 - 4 oak planks.
level 3 - 6 oak planks.
level 4 - 8 oak planks.
level 5 - 10 oak planks.

They should have the ability to add and remove tools from it, if that doesn't get added keep it at 2 each.
Well, if you have 5 tool stores in RS, you'll have spent 10 oak planks total. The only difference between RS and us is that we let the player choose which tool store to build where. In RS, the tool stores have a fixed position I think.
In any case, if you build 5 tool stores here, you'll also have spent 10 oak planks so that seems fine. I don't see how anything should be changed about that.

As for all the items mentioned by maurits and zi: I am aware of them and will make sure they are all obtainable somehow. Thanks for putting together a nice list for me though, then at least I'm sure I didn't overlook anything.

I did however not manage to reproduce the bugs where you can't climb up or down, or where you get glitched when building up. Everything works just fine for me, can you please explain how to reproduce it?

Unicorn
Champion

Post by Unicorn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:54 am

From the list of items to be added, molten glass needs to be aswell plus whatever is used in the first place to make it,and not sure if magic stones were mentioned in the list of items but they are needed aswell, then this is a glitch Patel found, but im going to post it as I don't see it yet,
When building and item if you spam glitch it you get exp x the amount you click however it still takes the item but basically let's you skip the build and remove step a few times.
Image Image