Nex poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

How should Nex work?

Combat mechanics: leave them as they are now in PkHonor
10%
Combat mechanics: match the OSRS mechanics as much as possible
7%
Combat mechanics: add some OSRS combat mechanics, but we don't need all
3%
Hitpoints: fixed amount of hitpoints
5%
Hitpoints: scale with the amount of players like the Nightmare (and scale drops in the same way)
12%
Torva stats: keep the stats how they currently are
12%
Torva stats: use the OSRS stats and lose the HP boost
4%
Torva stats: use the OSRS stats, but keep the HP boost
4%
Obtaining Torva: same as before, Torva drops as a regular item drop and can be worn without needing additional parts
11%
Obtaining Torva: just like in OSRS, break down Bandos tassets and chestplate to obtain it
9%
Obtaining Torva: alternative suggestion (post below)
1%
Torva degrading: keep degrading like it does now
6%
Torva degrading: same as in OSRS, do not degrade
15%

Total votes: 344

Iron bobo
Premium Donator

Re: Nex poll

Post by Iron bobo » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:51 am

Remove curses and overloads while yall are at it.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:40 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:26 am
Kenneth wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:13 am
Spoiler: show
Somedudedw wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 am Our current Torva stats

image screen html

Versus OSRS Stats

I think that our Torva should be changed to reflect the stats of OSRS Torva, as well as removing the 10% accuracy buff. I don't care if the bonus hp stays or not, doesn't matter to me either way.
Agree, we cant keep moving forward with osrs content with rs3 gear still in the game. This has been an issue for years and no changes have been made.

Chaotics need to be addressed aswell as custom whips. They leave little to no room for future content and for a server that prides itself on longevity we arn't going to last long if new content is compromised the minute it comes out.
Such a bad opinion. If people wanted a 1:1 OSRS they would play OSRS. They want buffed items and things that will make the game a little simpler and more enjoyable.

We could move forward with osrs content if the osrs content gets slight buffs to make it a viable option for end game players.

Custom whips do not need to be addressed as they’re a main feature of pkhonor and custom content that the great majority of players enjoy using.

As far as your comment “we arn't going to last long if new content is compromised the minute it comes out“ this is complete bullshit. The server has been running for over a decade and it’s still retaining players.

Stop trying to change things that aren’t broken when they’re just different and simply apart of the game we play, it’s not OSRS nor do I believe it should be 1:1 of OSRS..
Tbf I agree with you on pkh not having to be 1:1 OSRS. When I joined pkh all those years ago I was a f2p noob who didn't even know what barrows was and killed rock crabs because the armor pieces were like 60k ea in junk store and I never made a white or green stack of cash this easily.

While playing pkh, I've learned what barrows items are, how to GWD, what most skills have to offer, basic PvP, how to kill demonic gorillas, zulrah, vorkath, nightmare, ToB and a bit ot CoX even though I haven't really bothered with raids yet cause #1 trackpadpker. And so many more things. What I'm tryna say is pkh is a good place for noobs to practice and learn stuff for OSRS. Part of that are the easy levels, but an even bigger part of that is the "training wheels" we get with curses, ovls, customs, ... We're able to access and complete content we can't yet do on OSRS (and may never do if we find a home on pkh).

The OSRS purists can simply ignore the existence of non-OSRS content. RS is the kind of a game where you do whatever the fuck you want even if it isn't the most efficient or optimal thing. The NPCs and bosses are mainly balanced around OSRS stats, so you're not missing out on the OSRS experience. You should be able to kill zulrah as fast as you do on OSRS if you wear the exact same gear on both games. If not, that's a balance issue that needs to be resolved with balancing rather than radical changes.
All you'd be missing out on is bigger or faster hits (by choice) and if that really is such a big issue (even with ironman instances and maybe non-iron instances coming soon) then sorry, you're a degenerate with fried dopamine receptors upset about [your playstyle] not giving the same hitsplats or the number that gets spit out when doing ::wealth not going up as fast as [their playstyle]. I can't really respect that reasoning.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:51 am

This game has always been a mix of RS2 and OSRS content. I don't think deleting items from the game and "compensating" people for their deleted items is the right play. There are a ton of servers that are a exact replica of OSRS that people can and do play. They come and go but they will always be available.

We have doubles of tons of items in RS2/OSRS.

Amulet of ranging/anguish, cerb boots/glacor boots, arcane necklaces/occult, chaotic maul/elder maul.

I'd much prefer balancing new items around the old items over deleting them from the game.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 am

I’d consider it incredibly unlikely Pernix and Virtus will leave the game given the discussion mike and I had about them after the Nex gear changes. Pernix and Virtus will probably be BiS defensive gear, with ancestral and masori being BiS offensive. Torva I don’t know

It’s just a fat pain to remove or migrate items anyway. Lots of places the IDs are stored, lots of weird data semantics. Such a rabbit hole without much benefit

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:02 pm

Raj wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:10 am I’d consider it incredibly unlikely Pernix and Virtus will leave the game given the discussion mike and I had about them after the Nex gear changes. Pernix and Virtus will probably be BiS defensive gear, with ancestral and masori being BiS offensive. Torva I don’t know

It’s just a fat pain to remove or migrate items anyway. Lots of places the IDs are stored, lots of weird data semantics. Such a rabbit hole without much benefit
Agree this is the move. Maybe Torva stays as offensive gear since we have justiciar?

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:21 pm

Iron adam wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:02 pm .
can you color your name again

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:26 am

Really curious why people don't want to have torva's stats changed? Atm it's just a much tankier bandos with extra hp. The change in the defence stats and the strength are gonna make it more niche, as Adam said, making justiciar the actual #1 tank gear in the game, with torva being the absolute #1 offensive gear ( better than ancient warriors equipment as well )

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:13 am

Respire1337 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:26 am Really curious why people don't want to have torva's stats changed? Atm it's just a much tankier bandos with extra hp. The change in the defence stats and the strength are gonna make it more niche, as Adam said, making justiciar the actual #1 tank gear in the game, with torva being the absolute #1 offensive gear ( better than ancient warriors equipment as well )
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Fe nis
Premium Donator

Post by Fe nis » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:02 am

Respire1337 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:26 am Really curious why people don't want to have torva's stats changed? Atm it's just a much tankier bandos with extra hp. The change in the defence stats and the strength are gonna make it more niche, as Adam said, making justiciar the actual #1 tank gear in the game, with torva being the absolute #1 offensive gear ( better than ancient warriors equipment as well )
Because most people probably voted without even knowing or checking the potential stat changes.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:11 pm

Fe nis wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:02 am
Because most people probably voted without even knowing or checking the potential stat changes.
I think ppl also want the best of two worlds, both the offensive stats from osrs and the defensive we have on pkh rn. But yeah that'd probably be waaaay too OP.

I also think they partially want the big defensive stats because thats what it was on rs2 and while a fair amount of the community is up to date with OSRS, they dont play or they do but still base their expectations on pre-eoc.