Nex poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

How should Nex work?

Combat mechanics: leave them as they are now in PkHonor
10%
Combat mechanics: match the OSRS mechanics as much as possible
7%
Combat mechanics: add some OSRS combat mechanics, but we don't need all
3%
Hitpoints: fixed amount of hitpoints
5%
Hitpoints: scale with the amount of players like the Nightmare (and scale drops in the same way)
12%
Torva stats: keep the stats how they currently are
12%
Torva stats: use the OSRS stats and lose the HP boost
4%
Torva stats: use the OSRS stats, but keep the HP boost
4%
Obtaining Torva: same as before, Torva drops as a regular item drop and can be worn without needing additional parts
11%
Obtaining Torva: just like in OSRS, break down Bandos tassets and chestplate to obtain it
9%
Obtaining Torva: alternative suggestion (post below)
1%
Torva degrading: keep degrading like it does now
6%
Torva degrading: same as in OSRS, do not degrade
15%

Total votes: 344

Mike
Programmer

Nex poll

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:42 pm

With the cache update done, we can now get started on adding new content into the game. I know that everyone is itching to start on the Tombs of Amascut, but it will take some time to implement all of it.

The OSRS version of Nex will be a much easier and faster feature to implement, in part because we already have it in the game and we can retain most of its mechanics. There will be a couple of new item drops (and pet!), a few additional mechanics and a few new NPC's to add, but we should be able to do all of that in a relatively short amount of time. Definitely much faster than it will take us to implement the Tombs of Amascut.

That being said, there are a few things that need to be sorted out before we get to work:
  • Should we copy the OSRS version of Nex as closely as possible in terms of combat mechanics?
  • Should Nex's hitpoints scale with the amount of players in the room (just like the Nightmare) or not? This would balance it much better for smaller versus larger groups and seems an interesting mechanic to keep in mind for future bosses, unless the community disagrees with this idea.
  • Should we rework Torva, in terms of stats, how to obtain it and whether or not it should degrade?
For your information, we currently have no plans to change anything about Virtus and Pernix equipment.

If there is anything else Nex-related you would like to put forward, feel free to tell us about it in this thread.

Markymark
Helper

Re: Nex poll

Post by Markymark » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:04 pm

I personally like nex how it is. It can use a few mechanics to make it less boring, but the constant freezing will be an issue if you plan to make it where we have to move around. Aside from that, theres that unlucky event where it might disable your overload 6 times in a row. Making it hit harder than it already does, I think would make it too hard, like corp used to be hitting every .8 seconds 50+. I think nex's ice barrage/melee can hit you like corp used to double hit ko. So if we lose the hp bonuses, being 1 hit wouldnt be far from impossible. (Also blood phase depending if solo and gear you use, you can hit 6 0's in a row with torva and souls no comp, and nex will heal 60-70 hp at a time every 2-3 hits sometimes) making the fight extra longer. If you use blowpipe, the heals go from 70 heals to 30-40 heals. They still spam at times, but not sure if its bugged like the overload effect it takes off.

As far as the repairing goes, I see a lot of people not wanting to train construction, asking to use other peoples houses to repair torva, or wanting to trust someone to repair it for them and risk being scammed, as staff dont handle player made deals. So with that being said, 2 things we can implement.. First thing would be adding a construction requirement and an armor stand pre-built before having access to nex, or we can add a public one on premium island and skilling, for premium users to have and use without the construction requirement. If you dont meet the construction requirement, you cant access nex, and you cant buy or trade nex items until you do. Something along those lines I think would be nice!

As far as the torva stats, Keeping hp boost outside of wildy would be nice, but when you step into wildy with nex armor, they should lose the hp boost, so max hp is 99 or 118 with brew, and stats are nerfed to pking stats which can be determined by the dev's and the dedicated pkers. So people that way can risk fight using good gear, and wont be impossible to kill a safer, just need a good combo.

These are just a few ideas that came to mind. By no means is it perfection, and Im sure people will offer alternate things, but these are just a few that sprung into mind!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:34 pm

Idk, if nex is gonna be the same as OSRS, it will go from a boss that is very easy albeit annoying to being a boss that is a lot harder and will emphasize "team work" a lot more, and we all know how hard it is to get proper raiding teams or nm teams. This would also make soloing so much harder for irons (btw, what happens to Wise Old Man?) and regular players trying to get the comp requirement. Also a 1:1 OSRS version of Nex could potentially be way too hard for UIMs.

Nex should be harder but I don't think it should be 1:1 OSRS nex. Maybe some mechanics could be taken from the osrs version tho.

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:43 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:34 pm Idk, if nex is gonna be the same as OSRS, it will go from a boss that is very easy albeit annoying to being a boss that is a lot harder and will emphasize "team work" a lot more, and we all know how hard it is to get proper raiding teams or nm teams. This would also make soloing so much harder for irons (btw, what happens to Wise Old Man?) and regular players trying to get the comp requirement. Also a 1:1 OSRS version of Nex could potentially be way too hard for UIMs.

Nex should be harder but I don't think it should be 1:1 OSRS nex. Maybe some mechanics could be taken from the osrs version tho.
Nex wont ever be "harder" as people will just stack up on honors...Do you suggest we make it hit harder, and slower, or hit max hit 15, but hit once every tick like corp used to? Either would be pretty hectic I would say. To make it more interesting, the phases can get redone in a custom form, and fix the constant freezing and ovl debufffing, or remove freeze mechanics if we require to move around to dodge mechanics. I think we just need to make it more convenient. It does need revamping, but need fixing first if we should make it harder. Unless you suggest we remove honors having access to nex as well like COX? But what else would be the purpose oh having an honor if youre starting to restrict its pvm rights as well, you know?

P.S if you have souls or death, and an honor, as long as your honor always hits nex, and you target minions with main, youll never use a sara brew.. the only thing youd have to do making it harder is just use 2 or 3 honors with a blowpipe lol. But what fun is that

Uim killerb
Premium Donator

Post by Uim killerb » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:11 pm

so with this new update were ppl with a cere set banked is allowed to teleprt outside the room right at the bank would love to see qol for uims that works pretty much the same. 1 beging abel to put full cere into a set and keep in inv to tele next to the bank
2 make death on moprh ring work the same were you get teled to the bank when use the altar since it already let you skip the kc aswell

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Probably worth removing the Nex set accuracy bonuses as well I think. They’re way too OP

Edit for clarity: I’m talking about the 10-15% accuracy bonus you get for wearing the full set, not any offensive accuracy stats

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:44 pm

With the rebalance we should, and I know this is going to be controversial

1. Remove all sets currently in the game and compensate with gp or something
2. Remove virtus and pernix from nex in exchange for Ancestral and Masori

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm

Markymark wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:43 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:34 pm Idk, if nex is gonna be the same as OSRS, it will go from a boss that is very easy albeit annoying to being a boss that is a lot harder and will emphasize "team work" a lot more, and we all know how hard it is to get proper raiding teams or nm teams. This would also make soloing so much harder for irons (btw, what happens to Wise Old Man?) and regular players trying to get the comp requirement. Also a 1:1 OSRS version of Nex could potentially be way too hard for UIMs.

Nex wont ever be "harder" as people will just stack up on honors...Do you suggest we make it hit harder, and slower, or hit max hit 15, but hit once every tick like corp used to? Either would be pretty hectic I would say. To make it more interesting, the phases can get redone in a custom form, and fix the constant freezing and ovl debufffing, or remove freeze mechanics if we require to move around to dodge mechanics. I think we just need to make it more convenient. It does need revamping, but need fixing first if we should make it harder. Unless you suggest we remove honors having access to nex as well like COX? But what else would be the purpose oh having an honor if youre starting to restrict its pvm rights as well, you know?

P.S if you have souls or death, and an honor, as long as your honor always hits nex, and you target minions with main, youll never use a sara brew.. the only thing youd have to do making it harder is just use 2 or 3 honors with a blowpipe lol. But what fun is that
I'd say custom phases that require swapping prayers and maybe the little dash that nightmare does. If nex gets the proper boss room, it'd be nice to get out of the way or get smacked with a 90 or something like that. It would also encourage using range gear rather than the typical souls whip + chaos comp. Higher hits, but less ovl cancelling (or only in a specific phase) so that players can actually drink sara brews instead of ending up in a clusterfuck of ovling and brewing (nex can currently cancel the ovl while you're still taking damage from the ovl, it has led to seeing some funny deaths lmao). Maybe even some prayer shuffling\disabling?

Not allowing honors in there could be an option. Then again I'm thinking with those buffs to nex it'd be a lot harder to just drop a honor account there and forget about it. I think we need nex to be buffed to the point to actively be doing stuff like eating, running around and switching prayers etc. Something like, yes, honor might be viable there, but you'd need to put effort into both clients.
Church wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:44 pm With the rebalance we should, and I know this is going to be controversial

1. Remove all sets currently in the game and compensate with gp or something
2. Remove virtus and pernix from nex in exchange for Ancestral and Masori
no. How could you even give masori to players if it's not out yet? We'd need to wait until ToA to use range gear that's better than armadyl? There's also no amount of compensation that is reasonable for irons, and you might very well cause inflation as there's players with multiple nex sets because they've got everything they need and don't bother selling drops. Even without that, you'd pump trillions of gp into the economy. Unless it's a very low compensation, but then everyone will be pissed. There is no way there can be a solution that both does what you propose yet doesn't cause chaos or drama.

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:22 pm

Fungamer, it sounds nice and dandy but I dont think adding a 1 shot mechanic would be nice to add now after hundreds of sets already being ingame already, that would make prices be an unreasonable amount for what the items are as no one will be doing it. And to nerf torva too? Nex is already semi dead compared to what it used to be. 1 shot ko would make it perm dead IMO.

Pray switches would be nice, and also keep the same melee meta we have currently. If you pray right, you take 50% less damage, if you pray wrong, you can take max hit of 35 or 40 with bandos kite. And last phase can be the brew fest where no pray can help you, but max cap damage can be 30 on last phase.

Removing honors from nex with the top suggestions would only make sense otherwise like I said people would make multi honors, get nex low hp, and get final hits with main. Adding more damage to nex as annoying as her ovl deduffing and freezing is already would only destroy nex, but thats my thought

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:42 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm no. How could you even give masori to players if it's not out yet? We'd need to wait until ToA to use range gear that's better than armadyl? There's also no amount of compensation that is reasonable for irons, and you might very well cause inflation as there's players with multiple nex sets because they've got everything they need and don't bother selling drops. Even without that, you'd pump trillions of gp into the economy. Unless it's a very low compensation, but then everyone will be pissed. There is no way there can be a solution that both does what you propose yet doesn't cause chaos or drama.
We just wait to remove pernix until masori is out.
We've already seen how after new content or rebalancing is done leaving in old now outdated items is a bad idea
And we can think of a different method of compensation.

For the sake of game health and balance, sometimes hard decisions have to be made.