Nex poll

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

How should Nex work?

Combat mechanics: leave them as they are now in PkHonor
10%
Combat mechanics: match the OSRS mechanics as much as possible
7%
Combat mechanics: add some OSRS combat mechanics, but we don't need all
3%
Hitpoints: fixed amount of hitpoints
5%
Hitpoints: scale with the amount of players like the Nightmare (and scale drops in the same way)
12%
Torva stats: keep the stats how they currently are
12%
Torva stats: use the OSRS stats and lose the HP boost
4%
Torva stats: use the OSRS stats, but keep the HP boost
4%
Obtaining Torva: same as before, Torva drops as a regular item drop and can be worn without needing additional parts
11%
Obtaining Torva: just like in OSRS, break down Bandos tassets and chestplate to obtain it
9%
Obtaining Torva: alternative suggestion (post below)
1%
Torva degrading: keep degrading like it does now
6%
Torva degrading: same as in OSRS, do not degrade
15%

Total votes: 344

Markymark
Helper

Re: Nex poll

Post by Markymark » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:57 pm

Honestly I got a feeling changing nex will be a big fuss that can be avoided...Can we make a nex challenge mode portal where these new mechanics and features can be introduced? I think that would be best of both worlds, challenge mode can have a boosted drop rate depending the difficulty and whatnot, keep in mind comp cape is over a 40 percent dps increase as is, so when testing, test as non comp caper, as nex isnt end game content. But Id be more for a challenge mode nex with drop rates increased, and perhaps challenge mode can be the only way you can obtain zaryte c bow and vams. Kinda like core for arch glacor in rs3.

And I dont think we should remove the sets, church, let alone give people replacement sets or gp they are going to gamble away. Keeping regular nex and adding a cm nex may crash prices a bit, also people can have the ssme old relaxing nex if thats what they want to do.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:00 pm

Church wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:42 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm no. How could you even give masori to players if it's not out yet? We'd need to wait until ToA to use range gear that's better than armadyl? There's also no amount of compensation that is reasonable for irons, and you might very well cause inflation as there's players with multiple nex sets because they've got everything they need and don't bother selling drops. Even without that, you'd pump trillions of gp into the economy. Unless it's a very low compensation, but then everyone will be pissed. There is no way there can be a solution that both does what you propose yet doesn't cause chaos or drama.
We just wait to remove pernix until masori is out.
We've already seen how after new content or rebalancing is done leaving in old now outdated items is a bad idea
And we can think of a different method of compensation.

For the sake of game health and balance, sometimes hard decisions have to be made.
I mean I agree with you on the base argument. Remove pernix & virtus and have masori & ancestral be the BiS. I think it'd be a very good thing. But I don't see how it could be added in a way that wouldn't screw with the eco or realllly piss people off. This isn't like rebalancing chaos comp, which was one item. A lot more people have these nex sets and it's not rebalancing but removing.

I'd take whatever the traded value is rn for my nex sets. Thing is, GP is worthless for irons and might very well be worthless for the entire community if everyone gets that cash for their sets. I don't know how badly the eco would be impacted with that sudden injection of cash but I have a bad feeling about it.

Points? Pretty much worthless to me and the majority of the community, unless it's enough pkp/cw ticks to get all the cw sets and having them not degrade :P

How else could we be compensated? 1, 3, 5 guaranteed b2b purple drops at all raids (including ToA when it releases)? I dunno man.

If the compensation isn't good enough then I feel like (too) many people would quit (and/or become jaded). Some like their OP gear but were already on the verge of quitting, some wont like losing their collection, others will be pissed because they lost their hard earned gear and were compensated in what most see as in an unfair way.

What if virtus and pernix were nerfed to be armadyl + hp bonus (and maybe an accuracy bonus for the full set?) and we did the bandos component thing with ancestral & masori, with virtus/pernix being what you disassemble? Ancestral & masori would be what pernix/virtus are today, maybe even a bit better since disassembling these items are more expensive. I feel like that would be a more reasonable way of maintaining game health and balance.

@Markymark i like your CM/Hard Mode idea.

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:57 pm

Personally, getting rid of ancient repair kits and breaking down Bandos to fix torva would be an amazing addition to the game. Not only would it get rid of a ton of bandos sets but it would make the game feel more balanced.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:05 am

Raj wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:24 pm Probably worth removing the Nex set accuracy bonuses as well I think. They’re way too OP

Edit for clarity: I’m talking about the 10-15% accuracy bonus you get for wearing the full set, not any offensive accuracy stats
I forgot about that 10% accuracy bonus for full Nex sets, thank you. I'll be sure to set up a separate poll about that as well. And about whether the Wise Old Man should stay for solo players (and maybe for non-ironman as well if they are playing solo). There's a lot of possibilities on the table with which we can do something. We'll be sure to work it out in such a way that most players will feel good about it in the end.

Icewallocome
Premium Donator

Post by Icewallocome » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:12 am

Church wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:42 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm no. How could you even give masori to players if it's not out yet? We'd need to wait until ToA to use range gear that's better than armadyl? There's also no amount of compensation that is reasonable for irons, and you might very well cause inflation as there's players with multiple nex sets because they've got everything they need and don't bother selling drops. Even without that, you'd pump trillions of gp into the economy. Unless it's a very low compensation, but then everyone will be pissed. There is no way there can be a solution that both does what you propose yet doesn't cause chaos or drama.
We just wait to remove pernix until masori is out.
We've already seen how after new content or rebalancing is done leaving in old now outdated items is a bad idea
And we can think of a different method of compensation.

For the sake of game health and balance, sometimes hard decisions have to be made.
since when did you have good ideas??? who ghost wrote this for you

Markymark
Helper

Post by Markymark » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:26 am

Yeah, perhaps adding the new nex items and the mechanics in a challenge mode nex portal found outside the boss room. That way no old gear is lost or removed, it can stay, as regular nex will still exist.

If the stats get nerfed, perhaps we can have regular nex armors, and if challenge mode gets accepted, challenge mode nex can drop different undegradeable torva or nex items and keep the current bonuses we have ingame today. As far as regular torva, stats will be nerfed to whatever is voted on, and if we introduce breakdown mechanics, perhaps break down 10 of regular nex items, you can combine like tent whips in osrs, to form the undegradeable version of that specific nex item.

That way if people find challenge mode too hard, they can kill regular nex, and still aim for the upgrades by getting or buying drops. Perhaps with a gp fee of 5b per upgrade? So to make undegradeable torva full helm, ill need 10 regular torva full helms (that have nerfed stats) are needed along with 5 1b tickets, to make undegradeable torva full helm that has same stats we have today, and to make nex items more valuable, or hold value, we can make the undegradeable nex items untradeable, so that way its also an item sink. When you die with untradeable nex items, they turn into pkp, or gp in wildy, therefore eliminating it from the game if not protected, and can be used for risk fights in pvp.

The reason I suggest this is because now we have different item ids with the new armor update. Perhaps we can revise the old model ids to be the new upgraded armors?

Somedudedw
Premium Donator

Post by Somedudedw » Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 am

Our current Torva stats

image screen html

Versus OSRS Stats

I think that our Torva should be changed to reflect the stats of OSRS Torva, as well as removing the 10% accuracy buff. I don't care if the bonus hp stays or not, doesn't matter to me either way.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:13 am

Spoiler: show
Somedudedw wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 am Our current Torva stats

image screen html

Versus OSRS Stats

I think that our Torva should be changed to reflect the stats of OSRS Torva, as well as removing the 10% accuracy buff. I don't care if the bonus hp stays or not, doesn't matter to me either way.
Agree, we cant keep moving forward with osrs content with rs3 gear still in the game. This has been an issue for years and no changes have been made.

Chaotics need to be addressed aswell as custom whips. They leave little to no room for future content and for a server that prides itself on longevity we arn't going to last long if new content is compromised the minute it comes out.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:26 am

Kenneth wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:13 am

image screen html

Versus OSRS Stats

Agree, we cant keep moving forward with osrs content with rs3 gear still in the game. This has been an issue for years and no changes have been made.

Chaotics need to be addressed aswell as custom whips. They leave little to no room for future content and for a server that prides itself on longevity we arn't going to last long if new content is compromised the minute it comes out.
Such a bad opinion. If people wanted a 1:1 OSRS they would play OSRS. They want buffed items and things that will make the game a little simpler and more enjoyable.

We could move forward with osrs content if the osrs content gets slight buffs to make it a viable option for end game players.

Custom whips do not need to be addressed as they’re a main feature of pkhonor and custom content that the great majority of players enjoy using.

As far as your comment “we arn't going to last long if new content is compromised the minute it comes out“ this is complete bullshit. The server has been running for over a decade and it’s still retaining players.

Stop trying to change things that aren’t broken when they’re just different and simply apart of the game we play, it’s not OSRS nor do I believe it should be 1:1 of OSRS..

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:49 am

Will be ok2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:26 am
Kenneth wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:13 am

image screen html

Versus OSRS Stats

Such a bad opinion. If people wanted a 1:1 OSRS they would play OSRS. They want buffed items and things that will make the game a little simpler and more enjoyable.

We could move forward with osrs content if the osrs content gets slight buffs to make it a viable option for end game players.

Custom whips do not need to be addressed as they’re a main feature of pkhonor and custom content that the great majority of players enjoy using.

As far as your comment “we arn't going to last long if new content is compromised the minute it comes out“ this is complete bullshit. The server has been running for over a decade and it’s still retaining players.

Stop trying to change things that aren’t broken when they’re just different and simply apart of the game we play, it’s not OSRS nor do I believe it should be 1:1 of OSRS..