Tombs of Amascut discussion thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What do you think we should do for the Tombs of Amascut?

Requirements to enter: none
12%
Requirements to enter: same skill requirements as in OSRS (62 agility, 55 crafting, 55 firemaking) and having to kill two bosses beforehand as part of a small quest
7%
Requirements to enter: same skill requirements as in OSRS (62 agility, 55 crafting, 55 firemaking) but no quest and no bosses to kill
7%
Requirements to enter: I don't care
8%
Puzzle rooms: don't add any
12%
Puzzle rooms: add the ones from OSRS on release
13%
Puzzle rooms: don't add them on release, but add them later on
4%
Puzzle rooms: I don't care
5%
Invocation system: never add it
3%
Invocation system: add it on release
11%
Invocation system: don't add it on release, but add it later on
15%
Invocation system: I don't care
3%

Total votes: 181

Eastereggs

Re: Tombs of Amascut discussion thread

Post by Eastereggs » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:28 am

i think it's important to add puzzle rooms and the invocations. Puzzle rooms really help complete the feeling of osrs. Invocations because it's a huge part to the raids. Being able to select certain things to make the raid harder but also get the potential for more loot is a must. If you don't add invocations off the bat i feel like it could really impact the drops and how much are injected into the game on release.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:07 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:36 pm I want to be mean and say don't do this, focus on QoL and other balancing and fixing older bugs on older raids instead of doing this.

But I won't be mean and I'll say nothing.
QoL updates are being worked on. Just because we want to get this huge piece of content out doesn't mean we're overlooking the smaller things that are also important.
Stale fish1 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:06 am Invocations need to be added on release.

If u don't add them the raid is way to easy and will cause far too many drops to come into the game.

Unless you do it like osrs with there been a very very rare drop chance with a raid lvl of 0?
I completely agree on this. If we don't add invocations from the start, we'll have to make the drops really rare (basically the amount of drops someone would get at level 0). I do understand that, without invocations, it will probably feel underwhelming for people with maxed out accounts, as the raid would be rather easy but unrewarding, so invocations are more than just a "nice to have".

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:57 pm

Mike wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:07 pm
Respire1337 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:36 pm I want to be mean and say don't do this, focus on QoL and other balancing and fixing older bugs on older raids instead of doing this.

But I won't be mean and I'll say nothing.
QoL updates are being worked on. Just because we want to get this huge piece of content out doesn't mean we're overlooking the smaller things that are also important.

I am sorry! For some reason I thought you guys would shift 100% of focus on this! I am dumb and I apologize!

Xdonex
One Hit Wonder

Post by Xdonex » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Puzzle rooms are tedious and boring. Could make the boss rooms harder to compensate not wasting time on the puzzle rooms.

The puzzle rooms will be figured out and just a boring tedious part of the raid that no one likes to do

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 pm

Xdonex wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm

The puzzle rooms will be figured out and just a boring tedious part of the raid that no one likes to do
The same can be said about quite literally every piece of content. Someone will figure out using adze on magic trees is very efficient because you can get 2b wc and fm easy like that. Crab game has been figured out by most people, remove it from CoX. People have figured out you have to kill nex minions to kill nex, remove them and make nex harder. People have figured out you have to stand on xarpus tiles so he doesn't get roided up anymore, just let xarpus spawn. People have figured out you cant let the pillars die at nylo so you need to start tribridding the small nylos, just spawn the boss instantly.

With that logic the game might as well not exist. Everything is something that someone figured out and most of it is boring and/or tedious for at least one person. The fact that things are boring and tedious is quite literally the whole point of getting better stats/gear because then it wont be as boring or tedious, although it still kinda is. We're playing a glorified idle game lol

Xdonex
One Hit Wonder

Post by Xdonex » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:44 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:05 pm
Xdonex wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:48 pm

The same can be said about quite literally every piece of content. Someone will figure out using adze on magic trees is very efficient because you can get 2b wc and fm easy like that. Crab game has been figured out by most people, remove it from CoX. People have figured out you have to kill nex minions to kill nex, remove them and make nex harder. People have figured out you have to stand on xarpus tiles so he doesn't get roided up anymore, just let xarpus spawn. People have figured out you cant let the pillars die at nylo so you need to start tribridding the small nylos, just spawn the boss instantly.

With that logic the game might as well not exist. Everything is something that someone figured out and most of it is boring and/or tedious for at least one person. The fact that things are boring and tedious is quite literally the whole point of getting better stats/gear because then it wont be as boring or tedious, although it still kinda is. We're playing a glorified idle game lol

Fair point lmao. I guess i would just rather have harder bosses than do a puzzle room is all

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:56 pm

Mike wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:52 pm
Fungamer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:30 pm Edit: For Missouri/Mississippi/Macarena armor, I like what @Tom061202 had to say. It should be what third age druidic and/or (twisted) ancestral is to virtus. It should be a clear upgrade. No going "🤓🤓 well akshually the calculator shows that it gives you a 0.1% better defense bonus against bosses you use ranged against"
Powercreep is bad but so are items that are barely worth the cost and/or effort for the tiny stat increase.
I haven't given much thought to this yet, that's something we'll have to settle on in the later stages of development. But it's good to brainstorm on what to do with it already.
It might be a good idea to keep Nex in mind for the future, Future updates like The Gauntlet and TOA are going to conflict with our very overpowered gear. This will always be an issue aslong as we keep rs3 gear in pkh.
Masori despite having better stats will be less accurate than pernix due to nex sets having a 10% acc bonus, The +8 range strength will range between 1-2 max hits depending on your weapon, you'll lose 40 max hp and its significantly worse prayer bonus. I don't believe buffing something to overtake pernix is a good idea seeing as pernix is already ridiculously strong. I'd like to see Nex gear be nerfed to allow new armor sets get use.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:22 pm

Kenneth wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:56 pm
Mike wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:52 pm
Fungamer wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:30 pm Edit: For Missouri/Mississippi/Macarena armor, I like what @Tom061202 had to say. It should be what third age druidic and/or (twisted) ancestral is to virtus. It should be a clear upgrade. No going "🤓🤓 well akshually the calculator shows that it gives you a 0.1% better defense bonus against bosses you use ranged against"
Powercreep is bad but so are items that are barely worth the cost and/or effort for the tiny stat increase.
I haven't given much thought to this yet, that's something we'll have to settle on in the later stages of development. But it's good to brainstorm on what to do with it already.
It might be a good idea to keep Nex in mind for the future, Future updates like The Gauntlet and TOA are going to conflict with our very overpowered gear. This will always be an issue aslong as we keep rs3 gear in pkh.
Spoiler: show
Masori despite having better stats will be less accurate than pernix due to nex sets having a 10% acc bonus, The +8 range strength will range between 1-2 max hits depending on your weapon, you'll lose 40 max hp and its significantly worse prayer bonus. I don't believe buffing something to overtake pernix is a good idea seeing as pernix is already ridiculously strong. I'd like to see Nex gear be nerfed to allow new armor sets get use.
Could give Missouri the 10% bonus and take it away from Pernix. Perhaps buff the prayer bonus to ~10 for the entire set. I think it'd be cool if Masori was kind of like the DPS set for ranged while pernix was the tank set because it has slightly better def stats & the hp bonus. Pernix would be more noob-friendly for all bosses while Masori would be the gear you use if you know what you're doing and want to more efficiently kill bosses or raid.
The other major point will be that pernix can degrade. Perhaps both pernix and virtus should degrade faster (a 10 charge per hour rather than per 3 hours how it currently is, correct me if I'm wrong) now that we have twisted ancestral and soon, masori?

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:21 pm

I feel like nex sets should have their accuracy bonuses reduced to 0-5%. The 10 (15?) it is now makes it really hard to add new BiS equipment, like we saw with inquisitor, and probably will see with the new gear…

Tom061202
Honor Player

Post by Tom061202 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:53 pm

Raj wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:21 pm I feel like nex sets should have their accuracy bonuses reduced to 0-5%. The 10 (15?) it is now makes it really hard to add new BiS equipment, like we saw with inquisitor, and probably will see with the new gear…
I agree it's probably kind of hard to keep coming out with new BiS equipment without it being super over powered, but if this armour isn't BiS, will it be the same for Osmumten's fang and Elidinis' ward?

If so, my concern is, will it even be worth it to do raids 3 if the drop rates are similar to cox... Cause that will mean these items will be worth less than the current BiS items (Which are obtained through way easier/less time consuming NPCs).

Also, about nerfing pernix, wouldn't this leave a few people quite unhappy when the prices crash?