Tombs of Amascut discussion thread

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What do you think we should do for the Tombs of Amascut?

Requirements to enter: none
12%
Requirements to enter: same skill requirements as in OSRS (62 agility, 55 crafting, 55 firemaking) and having to kill two bosses beforehand as part of a small quest
7%
Requirements to enter: same skill requirements as in OSRS (62 agility, 55 crafting, 55 firemaking) but no quest and no bosses to kill
7%
Requirements to enter: I don't care
8%
Puzzle rooms: don't add any
12%
Puzzle rooms: add the ones from OSRS on release
13%
Puzzle rooms: don't add them on release, but add them later on
4%
Puzzle rooms: I don't care
5%
Invocation system: never add it
3%
Invocation system: add it on release
11%
Invocation system: don't add it on release, but add it later on
15%
Invocation system: I don't care
3%

Total votes: 181

Fungamer
Developer

Re: Tombs of Amascut discussion thread

Post by Fungamer » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm

Theownage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:00 pm -Option 1-
Remove Nex entirely and get OSRS Nex with osrs Torva, Zaryte vambraces, Zaryte crossbow.
Give people a certain amount of GP for their nex peices.
Too controversial. It's a radical change and a lot of people would be mad. People will either be compensated way too much or not enough for their sets. I'm afraid that nex gear would have to be gradually nerfed (or OSRS-ified in the case of torva) or it'll have to be worked around.

Theownage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:00 pm -Make Pernix dismantlable to make (fortified) Masori, instead of armadyl like osrs,
Not a good idea to flood the economy with the "new" item. Your average raids3 drop will be worth a lot less too which might decrease the number of people willing to do the new raid. We've got an 800b and 400b drop in our current raids and I sometimes still see people on yell asking for hours if theres any raiders online.
Theownage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:00 pm -Make Torva dismantlable to make OSRS Torva (fortifed Torva custom?) - this doesn't rly have anything to do with Tombs of Amascut but w/e
Give players the option to nerf their own torva to OSRS torva? Dismantle torva into a better-than-osrs torva (AKA the torva we already have)? :#:
Theownage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:00 pm -Make Bosses actually weaker to certain attack styles, so the Osmumten's fang will be viable & other items.
-FINALY A WAY TO USE OUR SOUL RUNES :kekw: -Tumeken's shadow
Yeah sure
Theownage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:00 pm -Make it actually hard to complete high lvl invocations.
Yes

Theownage
Premium Donator

Post by Theownage » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:01 pm

Fungamer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm Not a good idea to flood the economy with the "new" item. Your average raids3 drop will be worth a lot less too which might decrease the number of people willing to do the new raid. We've got an 800b and 400b drop in our current raids and I sometimes still see people on yell asking for hours if theres any raiders online.
I dont think you know how Masori works on osrs, there are 2 variants, Regular Masori 30 def 80 range req and Masori (f) - 'fortified' 80 Range & 80 def. You fortify regular Masori by dismantling Armadyl and then adding it to the regular Masori, with my suggestion it would make it so there's less pernix ingame.

Also every raid in osrs and pkhonor has a BIS item which is higher prices then all other drops,
-ToB - Scythe 400M (osrs) 350B(pkh)
-CoX - Tbow 1300M(osrs) 750B(pkh) ALL CURRENT PRICES
-ToA - Tumaken's shadow 1700M(osrs)
So you are saying raids should not provide a superior item with a high price tag?
Fungamer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm Give players the option to nerf their own torva to OSRS torva? Dismantle torva into a better-than-osrs torva (AKA the torva we already have)? :#:
OSRS torva only has like double the str bonus compared to Pkhonor Torva? idk what ur trying to say here.
Also OSRS Torva works same way Masori (f) works but with dismantling bandos pieces. thats why i'm suggesting what i suggested.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:40 am

Theownage wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:01 pm
Fungamer wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:21 pm Not a good idea to flood the economy with the "new" item. Your average raids3 drop will be worth a lot less too which might decrease the number of people willing to do the new raid. We've got an 800b and 400b drop in our current raids and I sometimes still see people on yell asking for hours if theres any raiders online.
I dont think you know how Masori works on osrs, there are 2 variants, Regular Masori 30 def 80 range req and Masori (f) - 'fortified' 80 Range & 80 def. You fortify regular Masori by dismantling Armadyl and then adding it to the regular Masori, with my suggestion it would make it so there's less pernix ingame.
Oh shit i misinterpreted what you said. I thought you wanted all pernix to change into masori when raids3 got released. Yeah no, your idea for that is actually incredibly good. I would love to see pernix used to upgrade masori

Torva on pkh is better because of the def stats. It does indeed not have the str bonuses. I guess it could be fortified using (a few) bandos pieces to add the str bonusses so that it's more like how it is on osrs. Maybe also the fortified version could degrade at half the speed since Torva on OSRS doesn't degrade.