Blighted rune sack prices

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Stale fish1
Wise One

Re: Blighted rune sack prices

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:16 am

Also it night be worth waiting for the cache update since they are adding surge sacks as well

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:16 am Also it night be worth waiting for the cache update since they are adding surge sacks as well
Probably better to just add them now and when we get surge sacks we put those in too. I hate the idea of delaying content which is 99% implementable because we need to wait for a cache update 2 years down the road to release it. Some cases you do have to wait but I think with this one just 2 part it

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:08 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:18 pm I know people are busy but consistent QoL update or even a formal response from upper management would be better than feeling ignored as it currently goes for most players who make suggestions. It gets to a point where why bother continue making suggestions if 9/10 it feels as if it falls on deaf ears. While I do appreciate the huge releases such as ToB, CoX, and NM I personally would prefer a lot of QoL updates and introducing things that would make our day to day gameplay more enjoyable. I know this probably isn't the place, but considering it's a new Dev Blog it'll probably have the most traction and I hope this passes as constructive feedback rather than bashing the current system.

It's not easy for us to find a balance between adding major updates as well as adding consistent QoL features. I certainly agree that there's a lot of room for improvement from our part there (not just to implement them, but also to give reply to the suggestions). Either way, the reason I put up this devblog is because I wanted some community input to determine prices. For many other suggestions, it's just a matter of actually implementing them. Every now and then, I create a devblog to address a suggestion or bug report because we're not sure what the best approach is and we could use some community input on it. Otherwise we're oftentimes stuck in a state of indecision and end up delaying changes for a long time (as was the case with the chaos comp cape and chaotic weapons).

Lane123
Premium Donator

Post by Lane123 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:43 am

Stale fish1 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:15 am
Korasi2 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:59 pm On osrs revs drop blighted sacks. You could do both, add them to the store and to the revs drop table.
Revs and lost souls pl0x
i like this

Jumping bug
Honor Player

Post by Jumping bug » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:31 pm

Neat! BH store seems fitting.

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:16 am

Korasi2 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:59 pm On osrs revs drop blighted sacks. You could do both, add them to the store and to the revs drop table.
gonna have to agree with korasi on this one. means irons can get them as well.

ill be hunting you all with my tbs #Numero Fouro
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:53 am

Pkh takeover wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:16 am
gonna have to agree with korasi on this one. means irons can get them as well.

ill be hunting you all with my tbs #Numero Fouro
Excuse me sir, do you know where to find the special attack bar?
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”

Jayden
Game Administrator

Post by Jayden » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:49 am

Arrsenic wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:53 am Excuse me sir, do you know where to find the special attack bar?
yes unlike attack like i dont use the orb ;)
May the Big tiddy goth bitches surround you forever, Fly High my friend.<3

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Post by Snapzhot » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:31 pm

While the Bounty Hunter store is very fitting for this type of content - it won't necessarily help the lack of wilderness engagement ( which is a combination of the type of players, quantity of players, and then incentives for bounty hunting in our server). Im afraid it would make the item just that much more less worthwhile to get. Similar to our Castle Wars situation.

Player kill points ( Not our pkp that is gained in many ways like skilling) is another concept that exists in other servers, that could help rescue some of this content, or at least alleviate some of the pains. The idea is that you get some form of points from any player kill that could be redeemed for these types of items. Encouraging the type of pking we already do today, in revs, frosts, and at edge dhing or nhing, by rewarding it with points to unlock these otherwise unaccessible items.

I'd imagine being able to buy about 30 freezes for the points from a single kill.

I think bounty hunter should still be relevant, and could either stay as is today, or provide a strong multiplier of the points one would normally get for killing a player. There's opportunity for consolidating this imagined concept of "Player kill points" and BH points, but I'll leave that up for refinement if my suggestion seems like a good idea to begin with.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:39 pm

+1 for pkps, -1 for BH points. maybe even both, making it more rewarding to do BH but not a necessity