Completionist cape (chaos) rework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Do you agree with the proposed change to the Completionist caps (chaos)?

Yes, I agree to make the speed increase depend on a weapon's base attack speed
77%
No, I disagree. Keep everything the way it currently works
21%
Other (or I don't have a strong opinion on this)
2%

Total votes: 91

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Re: Completionist cape (chaos) rework

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Mike wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:57 pm
Thearlygamer wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:16 pm I'd like to see the dps for Zuk with tbow, also the ToB bosses (tbow and scythe), Nex, and Nightmare
I tried to run simulations with TzKal-zuk, but ran into some issues which completely messed up the results, so I can't give any accurate numbers for it (I can try to fix the issues, but have already spent more time than I care to admit on this whole thing).

As for Nex (BIS gear with Completionist cape (chaos)):

The small difference you see in Scythe DPS is purely down to error margins in our simulations. If anything, the Scythe + Completionist cape (chaos) will be slightly stronger than before, as the -5 offensive bonuses will be removed (it's perfectly possible that I forgot to change those stats in between old vs new simulations, but their impact is fairly minimal anyway).

I could try to run some simulations for Theatre of Blood bosses, but haven't done so yet.

As for the Nightmare, it has a really high ranged defence, so any kind of ranged weapon is pretty useless against it. That's why I did not include it in my simulations because (except for melee weapons with 6+ attack speed) there will be no noticeable difference in damage output.
Thank you Mike you're the GOAT!
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:21 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:00 pm If it's not too hard can we see alch hydra dps changes
Ah yes, I forgot about that one.

Skitzy paige
Honor Player

Post by Skitzy paige » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:49 pm

Thank you for all the hard work!! Really excited to see the upcoming changes (:

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:57 pm

Great work! very overdue :prayge: :prayge: :prayge:

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:41 pm

Seems very well thought out and a necessary change, good job to all involved.

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:09 pm

I hate change

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:13 pm

Attack like wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:09 pm I hate change
well how the turns have tabled
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Suicidekills
Premium Donator

Post by Suicidekills » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm

I'll just say I'm still not thrilled with the recent updates, but i can recognize you're listening and trying to accomplish something in the best way possible. This is probably the best solution but I'm just slightly confused on one part;
Mike wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:36 pm Furthermore, the hitpoints of the Barrelchests will be lowered to 134 (from 450) and they will no longer be immune to poison or venom (so they match their OSRS version). Their droprates will be halved, but their profitability per hour will still remain higher than before because of the major HP decrease.
As for the Lizardman shamans, we will increase their droprates on the Dragon warhammer with 40% (7/10,000 instead of 5/10,000), which should more than compensate for slower kills with the BIS ranged setup.
On the other hand, Skotizo will receive a buff to its defence (but obviously no higher than in OSRS) as the new Twisted bow + Completionist cape (chaos) would otherwise make it much faster to kill than before.

As you can see, with the appropriate defence nerfs, a lot of kills get close to being as fast to kill as before this change. For the few exceptions where kills are quite a bit slower than before in BIS gear (Barrelchests and Lizardman Shamans), we will apply the appropriate changes as stated above to compensate.
I'm confused on barrelchest before and after, is the comparisons performed in the table on the current barrelchest or the proposed barrelchest?

Thanks for listening to the community, sorry for not having faith in ya'll, and this is why pkh is the best rsps

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:32 pm

Suicidekills wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm I'll just say I'm still not thrilled with the recent updates, but i can recognize you're listening and trying to accomplish something in the best way possible. This is probably the best solution but I'm just slightly confused on one part;
Mike wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:36 pm Furthermore, the hitpoints of the Barrelchests will be lowered to 134 (from 450) and they will no longer be immune to poison or venom (so they match their OSRS version). Their droprates will be halved, but their profitability per hour will still remain higher than before because of the major HP decrease.
As for the Lizardman shamans, we will increase their droprates on the Dragon warhammer with 40% (7/10,000 instead of 5/10,000), which should more than compensate for slower kills with the BIS ranged setup.
On the other hand, Skotizo will receive a buff to its defence (but obviously no higher than in OSRS) as the new Twisted bow + Completionist cape (chaos) would otherwise make it much faster to kill than before.

As you can see, with the appropriate defence nerfs, a lot of kills get close to being as fast to kill as before this change. For the few exceptions where kills are quite a bit slower than before in BIS gear (Barrelchests and Lizardman Shamans), we will apply the appropriate changes as stated above to compensate.
I'm confused on barrelchest before and after, is the comparisons performed in the table on the current barrelchest or the proposed barrelchest?

Thanks for listening to the community, sorry for not having faith in ya'll, and this is why pkh is the best rsps
Before, as far as I'm aware, only the health is being changed. with chaos bp being weaker they are reducing the health for barrel chest since they aren't really viable to kill for profit.

Onlyfens
Premium Donator

Post by Onlyfens » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:29 am

You guys should rather fix hitboxes and pathing, instead of changing long loved item combos.
People need 1k hours to grind that chaos comp, i just dont understand why we shouldnt have the same benefits as we did for a long time.
just buff the tbow and leave anything else how it is.