Completionist cape (chaos) rework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Do you agree with the proposed change to the Completionist caps (chaos)?

Yes, I agree to make the speed increase depend on a weapon's base attack speed
77%
No, I disagree. Keep everything the way it currently works
21%
Other (or I don't have a strong opinion on this)
2%

Total votes: 91

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Re: Completionist cape (chaos) rework

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 pm

Eye of ra wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:02 pm
Brant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:51 pm
1. No one gives a shit about that. I don't know a single person who competes for kc lead on a private server.

I care 😭 yea I edited this wrong idk how to fix lol
I also care :prayge:

Oh forums are fucked for quoting

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:49 pm

Will be ok2 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 pm
Brant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:51 pm 1. No one gives a shit about that. I don't know a single person who competes for kc lead on a private server.
I care 😭
yea I edited this wrong idk how to fix lol

But does it have any importance with the topic on hand, that's the main point. Y'all people downvoting this act like this is eoc. You don't like it please fucking leave. You will not be missed. Go play a spawn server with one hit items and kill all bosses

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:07 pm

Brant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:49 pm
But does it have any importance with the topic on hand, that's the main point. Y'all people downvoting this act like this is eoc. You don't like it please fucking leave. You will not be missed. Go play a spawn server with one hit items and kill all bosses
quite a toxic reply.. similiar to how people work to complete their collection log which imo is alot less important compared to kill counts. people grind hundreds and thousands of hours to on top of the leaderboards for kill counts. If this wasnt of any importance they wouldnt have added it.

as far as telling two vets who actively play to leave becasue we've got an opinion that kill count leaderboards should remain in tact and are important, well.. you're a moron.

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:12 pm

But you guys are acting like kill counts are going to be affected by this? Kill counts were messed up on release. A loud minority is toxic. I have over 75% of the community backing me up on this issue. None of the points hoard made have anything to do with the fact a bow that's way harder to get should be worst then a BP that can take less then 200 kc at zulrah to get. And you guys want it to be bis. Read the charts. BP is still going to be decent, but the weapon that's harder to get will be the best as it should.

Sgt salty

Post by Sgt salty » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:35 pm

Can one of you "veterans" please explain to me how this update effects your kc counts? There is few if any content in the game that will be much easier to kill with this update so this argument makes no sense to me. Your KC isn't being reset either. As far as speedrun times, I'd argue that weapon balancing is far more important than your speedrun times not being able to be beaten. If you actually care about this game's longevity than you'd see how this update is healthier for the game and matters more than a speedrun time.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:35 pm

Hoard wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:38 am Okay. Mike. Please hear me out,

I believe this update is going to have an horribly negative impact on the overall dynamic of Pkhonor. I believe it is going to do so by the following:

1. Current kildcount high scores will be invalid as the process required to kill these boss's will have changed, meaning time, supplies per trip, gear required etc will all be different. This would give the current KC leaders an unfair advantage with some NPC's, and with others, it would make the time spent to receive such a high kildcount worthless as it will now be easier from when they first grinded it.

2. The sheer difference in price per dps ratio with comparison of the T-Bow and bp. With the latest T-Bow to be sold in game going for 500B, we are currently looking at a 100x price increase, yes.. 100x price increase for a mere slightly better weapon. Making the not 500B+ banks of pkhonor's life harder and helping the rich get richer with t-bow dps.

3. This update will affect nearly every single boss in game and mainly only for those who have been playing this server the longest (Comp Caper's), meaning years of growing accustom to the current game. Pre-sets, specific gear and supplies, etc will now have to be changed. (I have never seen such a change in the history of pkhonor and it seems quite off course from everything the game has done thus far.)

4. Any and all personal best times for Cox or ToB will be completely invalid. (This one explains itself)

5. Changing the tic speed of random weapons such as dh axe is an incredibly risky change. Imagine the potential bugs to be abused and found over the next coming month. let alone faster and easier exp which is quite simply unneeded.

I'm sure I could think of more but quite honestly am exhausted and about to knock out. Will edit tomorrow with any of the other plethora of potential things that could go wrong with these changes, and why I believe it is not a change typical of Pkhonor's history over the past decade and an incredibly risky decision.

Thank you,

Hoard / Iron Maniac / Rrt38
I really try to understand where people are coming from, but you sound extremely incoherent and all your examples are hyperbole. The world isn’t going to burn down because we make things balanced, just think of your tbow as the new BP as it should be considering how much more difficult it is to achieve. If you want a tbow then work for it, if you think it’s over priced then do cox to make bank. If you can’t see logic and just mad that things change for the better of the game then punch air because at this point you’ve been spamming yell in game and hardly anyone agrees with you and most who do are non comped players who don’t understand what’s truly being proposed
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:56 pm

Brant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:12 pm But you guys are acting like kill counts are going to be affected by this? Kill counts were messed up on release. A loud minority is toxic. I have over 75% of the community backing me up on this issue. None of the points hoard made have anything to do with the fact a bow that's way harder to get should be worst then a BP that can take less then 200 kc at zulrah to get. And you guys want it to be bis. Read the charts. BP is still going to be decent, but the weapon that's harder to get will be the best as it should.
Here is the ignorance in what you’re saying though, I’m not fully opposed to this update. In a perfect would yes I would prefer everything to stay the same, even do a roll back to pre bosses def buff. However…. I understand that isn’t the direction Mike will or is taking, it’s his server and we all just play on it. I do appreciate these graphs and the work which is being put fourth from either him, Naz, Rapsey or whoever else is helping to find a “happy medium” which serves to bring a balance for pvming and new content.

Although I would have rather seen it handled in a different way, like I’ve mentioned above, it’s not my server. I do believe there is a sufficient amount of effort being put forward which I can appreciate and I think most people can aswell. I also believe this will be one of the best “middle grounds” that could be have been suggested.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:22 am

Sounds like a deeply considerate and well thought out decision. I struggle to see any of the opposition make a remotely indepth argument that maximizes the consideration for different aspects of the game as well as Mike's does. Then again, it's hard to argue with numbers.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:19 am

Patel wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:22 am Sounds like a deeply considerate and well thought out decision. I struggle to see any of the opposition make a remotely indepth argument that maximizes the consideration for different aspects of the game as well as Mike's does. Then again, it's hard to argue with numbers.
Exactly, it seems like anyone who has commented against the change has not even read the whole post along with the graphs or they just don't understand.

They see "change to bp" and go brrrrr noooo

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:40 am

Brant wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:49 pm
Will be ok2 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 pm
I care 😭
yea I edited this wrong idk how to fix lol

As much as I appreciate you (along with the 80% of other players) to support our decision, I also believe it is important that anyone with a different opinion is allowed to voice their concerns without being bashed for it (I completely understand your frustration and there have been many times where I would have responded in the exact same way, so I shouldn't be one to judge). So let's try to keep it civil. We can't expect everyone to agree, and everyone's opinion is equally valid, for whatever reason. What's important to them might not be as important to others, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored outright. To me, the most important thing is that over 75% of the community (so far) supports these changes, which is more than enough to consider this an "absolute majority" (which to me usually means at least 2 out of 3 players).

Either way, I stand firmly by these changes, a lot of thought and tweaking has gone into it, and yes, there will be some leaderboards and personal best times that will be skewed. These concerns are not entirely unfounded and I hadn't considered them before. However, as far as I can see, the upsides still heavily outweigh any downsides. At least we don't have any official boss timers yet, so I guess it's good to do these kind of rebalancing before introducing those timers.