Completionist cape (chaos) rework

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Do you agree with the proposed change to the Completionist caps (chaos)?

Yes, I agree to make the speed increase depend on a weapon's base attack speed
77%
No, I disagree. Keep everything the way it currently works
21%
Other (or I don't have a strong opinion on this)
2%

Total votes: 91

Stale fish1
Wise One

Re: Completionist cape (chaos) rework

Post by Stale fish1 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:59 am

Mitrovic wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:19 pm I just checked all these tables again, and I assume something has gone wrong with Zulrah, no? If I recall correct, the blue form should be the one who is the weakest to range attacks. But in this table, let's take the one displaying the current situation, the average blowpipe dps on the green form is 17,48 and on the blue form is it only 3,19? How is this possible? I don't see how you came up with these numbers. It looks like this 3,19 should be for the red form, 10,56 for the green form and 17,48 for the blue form, no?

Also, if i use the monster examine on zulrah, it displays the stats of the serpentine form everytime, even if I use it on the magma or tanzanite form. In the defensive stats tab, it always says -45 magic and +50 range, regardless of the form she has at that moment.
can we get some clarification on this?

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:43 am

Bump

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Tue May 03, 2022 1:52 am

How is tbow before buff > tbow after buff vs corporal beast?

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Tue May 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Good option for re-balancing the power of a Chaos Comp cape to a healthier state. My only question is whether or not this effect will apply to combat status (i.e. Accurate, Rapid, Long-range styles) separately or will the rate change only be factored by one of the combat styles (like only rapid tick rate of 3 for blowpipe)? I bring this up as it could cause a higher dps change if someone was to now use Accurate (depending on how much you have the accuracy bonus set to) in comparison to just using rapid.

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Egolith wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:54 pm Good option for re-balancing the power of a Chaos Comp cape to a healthier state. My only question is whether or not this effect will apply to combat status (i.e. Accurate, Rapid, Long-range styles) separately or will the rate change only be factored by one of the combat styles (like only rapid tick rate of 3 for blowpipe)? I bring this up as it could cause a higher dps change if someone was to now use Accurate (depending on how much you have the accuracy bonus set to) in comparison to just using rapid.
Changes were made, the way it works now is as is outlined here (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84354), with the unwritten quirk that when using rapid, the 1 tick speed reduction for rapid is done after the chaos speed increase (meaning rapid crossbows and bows are 3 tick). DPS hasn't changed significantly but meta is also no longer "just buy a blowpipe" which is good

Egolith
Premium Donator

Post by Egolith » Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Raj wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm
Egolith wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:54 pm Good option for re-balancing the power of a Chaos Comp cape to a healthier state. My only question is whether or not this effect will apply to combat status (i.e. Accurate, Rapid, Long-range styles) separately or will the rate change only be factored by one of the combat styles (like only rapid tick rate of 3 for blowpipe)? I bring this up as it could cause a higher dps change if someone was to now use Accurate (depending on how much you have the accuracy bonus set to) in comparison to just using rapid.
Changes were made, the way it works now is as is outlined here (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84354), with the unwritten quirk that when using rapid, the 1 tick speed reduction for rapid is done after the chaos speed increase (meaning rapid crossbows and bows are 3 tick). DPS hasn't changed significantly but meta is also no longer "just buy a blowpipe" which is good
Sweet, thanks for the reply. Looks like a smart route to take for the future of the chaos comp cape perk.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Tue May 17, 2022 3:55 pm

Egolith wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm
Raj wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 2:58 pm
Sweet, thanks for the reply. Looks like a smart route to take for the future of the chaos comp cape perk.
Yeah instead of blowpipe you just spam acb :)