Rebalancing issues ft. Twisted Bow

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Which options do you wish were considered in the goal to make Twisted Bow worthwhile on PkHonor?

Option 1: Remove 1-tick blowpipe + chaos combination, instead 50% chance to double hit
16%
Option 2: Give the Twisted bow an additional 50% chance to double hit
27%
Option 3: Twisted bow in combination with completionist cape (chaos) reduces attack speed by 2 instead of 1.
43%
A combination of abovementioned options, reply which combination of options you would like to see
5%
Other options, comment below what you would change about the current mechanics
2%
The Twisted bow is currently fine as is, nothing needs to change.
7%

Total votes: 94

Scrap iron
Premium Donator

Re: Rebalancing issues ft. Twisted Bow

Post by Scrap iron » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:25 am

I've never agreed with games making one thing worse to make something better. At the same time, I understand the issue of new content being irrelevant. The chaos comp/bp combo is pretty good for most stuff, and just really fun to use. I didn't use it nearly as much as others, but I'd hate to see it changed just to make one item shine. I don't follow osrs at all, so I don't know what the current metas are, but this issue with how chaos comp works with certain weapons will be never-ending tbh. I think the proper solution imo would be to make certain items stronger or unique somehow. The double hit thing is a cool idea. I think there are many ideas that could be tested to make everyone happy. If it could be coded in could even nerf BP in certain things like cox raid and give twisted a buff. Pretty much what I'm trying to say I guess, is that I think it would be better to test buffing or adding different functionalities to twisted bow before nerfing bp/combo anymore.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:01 am

Thearlygamer wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:33 pm Also just to reiterate, I don't think the BP should be nerfed further. We still need it to be an entry level pvm weapon for new players
You don't think it should be nerfed because it still needs to be an entry-level PvM weapon for new players? It is currently by far the best PvM weapon for even the latest game players. Isn't that the complete opposite end of the spectrum as an entry-level PvM weapon for new players?

Also, this proposition isn't to nerf BP itself but the chaos comp cape, which entry-level new players wouldn't have anyway. I think everyone agrees that BP itself is fine. What's broken is how chaos comp doubles the DPS.
Scrap iron wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:25 am I've never agreed with games making one thing worse to make something better.
How about making one thing worse to make everything else better?

Tbow isn't the reason that this nerf is being proposed, it's only the reason that it's being proposed now. We have known that it needs to be nerfed for a long time. So why now? Well, the thought process behind that is pretty simple (and this is literally how the dev discussion went):

"If we nerf it suddenly out of the blue then everyone will be pissed, because they lose their favourite toy and get nothing in return. If we wait until tbow comes out then they will still be pissed but at least there will be a concrete reason to do it and they will be getting a new very powerful ranged weapon to replace chaos BP in cases where it's no longer BIS, so hopefully they will understand why we did it and be slightly less pissed."

If not a nerf, then what's the alternative when you have a weapon that was accidentally made OP? Buff everything else to become even more OP? That's just power creep on steroids.

Iron reck
Premium Donator

Post by Iron reck » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:15 am

Tbow is alottttt harder to get than a magma blowpipe and is significantly more expensive, therefore it should be option 2 which makes it BiS at most places??

Also nerfing blowpipe anymore isnt the way to go just buffing tbow is all that is needed in which it should be a combination of both 2 and 3...
ImageImage

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:51 am

We've also got to consider the bowfa which will come with the gauntlet update.
Whether it be a nerf or adjustment the tier list should be
1-tbow most places
2-bowfa
3-magma bp

What if chaos comp allowed for a 30% double hit chance for range (on top of the tick reduction) which includes everything except 2tick whilst keeping the bp chaos unchanged.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:26 am

Rapsey wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:01 am You don't think it should be nerfed because it still needs to be an entry-level PvM weapon for new players? It is currently by far the best PvM weapon for even the latest game players. Isn't that the complete opposite end of the spectrum as an entry-level PvM weapon for new players?

Also, this proposition isn't to nerf BP itself but the chaos comp cape, which entry-level new players wouldn't have anyway. I think everyone agrees that BP itself is fine. What's broken is how chaos comp doubles the DPS.
I agree I just wanted make sure it was clear this is only a nerf to the chaos comp, and yes I do consider the BP an entry level weapon, but its not like we have much variety to begin with. Other than the BP, then maybe the ccb or acb, which I would use over the BP in a lot of places if I didn’t have a chaos comp.

Whatever balance we decide I think it should be BP, acb, serp/magma bp, bowfa, zaryte crossbow, tbow but that’s just my opinion with no absolute solution on how to balance that out especially with a chaos comp in the equation.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:55 am

The question y'all should be asking yourself is why the fuck one item gives a 100% damage increase and y'all thought, hey that's totally not broken. Literally, every other item is worthless compared to one single item when it comes to stats. When ranging, the other custom comps are not worth it at all.
Holy cape - prayer is hardly ever an issue
Balance - overshadowed by unholy cape
Unholy - only used for killing monsters that you can pray all damage from and only for melee
Magic - used for magic seeing as chaos comp doesn't affect magic spells
Fortune - switchscape for last hit otherwise useless during a kill
Souls - probably best overall in terms of power. Decent for learning raids
Chaos - 33% increase in damage for melee, 100% increase in damage for bp

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:15 am

Mix of 2 and 3.. lower the proc rate to 20 - 25% with the speed gain from vote 3? Leave the blowpipe since its costing the player weather it be time on an iron grinding for scales or costing a reg player loads of money(especially adding ddarts to that list.) Even if it was just as good dps compared to chaos bp I'd be pleased ✌️

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:15 am

Brant wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:55 am The question y'all should be asking yourself is why the fuck one item gives a 100% damage increase and y'all thought, hey that's totally not broken. Literally, every other item is worthless compared to one single item when it comes to stats. When ranging, the other custom comps are not worth it at all.
Holy cape - prayer is hardly ever an issue
Balance - overshadowed by unholy cape
Unholy - only used for killing monsters that you can pray all damage from and only for melee
Magic - used for magic seeing as chaos comp doesn't affect magic spells
Fortune - switchscape for last hit otherwise useless during a kill
Souls - probably best overall in terms of power. Decent for learning raids
Chaos - 33% increase in damage for melee, 100% increase in damage for bp
dragon dart and rune knife meta 2k22

Monys
Forum Addict

Post by Monys » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:16 pm

Nerf the bitch

Remember to ::vote for "Mony" ingame

Proud member of PkHonor

Supertuppers
Honor Player

Post by Supertuppers » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:18 am

I think in the process of all this we need to remember it is a private server and a lot of people like the fact the blow pipe goes brrrr, it is also a factor of the server that people like with the fast kills etc as you still get the feel of a little grind without getting super bored. I Personally don’t see nerfing chaos comp as the right solution for the server as it will upset far to many. If people are wanting the tbow as a better weapon I do feel the best way forward with it is maybe just increasing the attack speed slightly as it already hits like a train at places like zulrah and olm.
ImageImage