Rebalancing issues ft. Twisted Bow

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Which options do you wish were considered in the goal to make Twisted Bow worthwhile on PkHonor?

Option 1: Remove 1-tick blowpipe + chaos combination, instead 50% chance to double hit
16%
Option 2: Give the Twisted bow an additional 50% chance to double hit
27%
Option 3: Twisted bow in combination with completionist cape (chaos) reduces attack speed by 2 instead of 1.
43%
A combination of abovementioned options, reply which combination of options you would like to see
5%
Other options, comment below what you would change about the current mechanics
2%
The Twisted bow is currently fine as is, nothing needs to change.
7%

Total votes: 94

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Rebalancing issues ft. Twisted Bow

Post by Rapsey » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:09 pm

Option 1 all the way. Chaos comp doubling the DPS of what is already one of the best ranged weapons was an oversight that should never have happened. It's way overpowered and it needs to be corrected. Only reason it hasn't is because people have become attached to their OP chaingun making life super easy and we're averse to making decisions that will upset people. If there was ever a perfect example of how sometimes doing the right thing is not the same as doing the popular thing, this is it.

With our vastly reduced NPC defence stats and that custom +50% DPS increase BP would still be way more powerful than it actually should be, but at least other ranged weapons would have a chance in some situations.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:12 pm

Korasi2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:03 pm Option 2 is the best option in this case, twisted bow is only usefull against a handfull of bosses. Bosses with a high magic level. The current blowpipe is good against any boss, which if you ask me is damaging to the game in a sense that any new content (90% of the time osrs bosses/minigames) has no place in pkhonor. We see it right now with the t bow. The t bow should be by far better than a blowpipe against bosses with high mage accuracy, but it isnt. Right now the t bow, thats 1000 times harder to obtain than a blowpipe, is barely usefull anywhere. So beside buffing the t bow with option 2 the blowpipe needs to be nerfed as said in option 1 or there is no place for future content as for example the gauntlet that releases a new range weapon.
I don't think the solution to the problem is to make other items overpowered in order to edge out an existing item. Might aswell just add an ak47 into the game at that point. I cant agree with option 2 because of this. The toxic bp is not meant to be and endgame item in todays osrs. Its only meant for low def Nps for fast kill speed. Our game ought to reflect that aswell if we continue to implement osrs content.

Monster hi
Premium Donator

Post by Monster hi » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:23 pm

Glad I sold my Tbow just in time for the update! This is super frustrating imo. You release this item and it is total trash and not worth anywhere close to 100bs+, now, once this update happens ,it'll go back to who know how much. I decided to sell this T-Bow(Trash Bow) for 300b! Cant wait to see it resold once it gets buffed for who knows how much! Glad I sold my Once Totally useless tbow for now what will be an unreal item! Double Thumbs up PKH!

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:23 pm

Although I am not against a change/ nerf to chaos blowpipe, T-Bow specifically needs a buff as well.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:25 pm

Monster hi wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:23 pm Glad I sold my Tbow just in time for the update! This is super frustrating imo. You release this item and it is total trash and not worth anywhere close to 100bs+, now, once this update happens ,it'll go back to who know how much. I decided to sell this T-Bow(Trash Bow) for 300b! Cant wait to see it resold once it gets buffed for who knows how much! Glad I sold my Once Totally useless tbow for now what will be an unreal item! Double Thumbs up PKH!
L0000000000000000L

Monster hi
Premium Donator

Post by Monster hi » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 pm

Korasi2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:25 pm
Monster hi wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:23 pm Glad I sold my Tbow just in time for the update! This is super frustrating imo. You release this item and it is total trash and not worth anywhere close to 100bs+, now, once this update happens ,it'll go back to who know how much. I decided to sell this T-Bow(Trash Bow) for 300b! Cant wait to see it resold once it gets buffed for who knows how much! Glad I sold my Once Totally useless tbow for now what will be an unreal item! Double Thumbs up PKH!
L0000000000000000L
i see who bought it!

Longbone2k17
Premium Donator

Post by Longbone2k17 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:28 pm

Can we stop nerfing Blow pipe? the trade for bp is that its a pain in the ass to maintain. if you use the blow pipe youll always find yourself back at the money snake farming up some scales. Eye of ra had 100k scales at COX launch, and now hes down to 15k. Darts are also a pain to get. What does it take to maintain a tbow? the range shop at ::shops.

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:29 pm

Longbone2k17 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:28 pm Can we stop nerfing Blow pipe? the trade for bp is that its a pain in the ass to maintain. if you use the blow pipe youll always find yourself back at the money snake farming up some scales. Eye of ra had 100k scales at COX launch, and now hes down to 15k. Darts are also a pain to get. What does it take to maintain a tbow? the range shop at ::shops.
easy to fix when t bow becomes bis :3

Korasi2
Premium Donator

Post by Korasi2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:30 pm

Monster hi wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 pm
Korasi2 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:25 pm
L0000000000000000L
i see who bought it!
you can sell me your next bow for 300 :3

Mitrovic
Premium Donator

Post by Mitrovic » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:31 pm

Option 1 and 2 both. Maybe you can add a little more ranged strength bonus to the unholy cape as well, so that this cape can compete with chaos comp in terms of dps