Chambers of Xeric - Purples

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What changes to the Chambers of Xeric, regarding purple chests, would you like to see?

Change the variables that determine the chance at a purple (currently 8,676 points = 1% chance, capped at 570,000 points (65.70%)), comment your proposed changes.
17%
Allow droprate boosting items to add an invisible point boost equal to their respective % of droprate increase, 10,000 points becomes 11,300 points for ex-ex parrot (times 1.13).
62%
Add a consumable to the Vote store which increases the amount of points by a percentage X, can buy multiple, capped at 10 maximum.
11%
Nothing needs to be changed, it's fine as is.
7%
Other, leave your feedback below.
3%

Total votes: 71

Iron reck
Premium Donator

Re: Chambers of Xeric - Purples

Post by Iron reck » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:42 pm

tbh i wanna see more purples that arent just prayer scrolls
ImageImage

Longbone2k17
Premium Donator

Post by Longbone2k17 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:46 pm

I've honestly been demotivated seeing how dry my cc has been for anything good. Elder maul wont have that much use ingame other than for pking, so why is it that 3 days in we havent even seen one. I also hate that theres only been one piece of ancestral on a main account. i was so excited to see people pking with it. at the current rate, ancestral may never even be as common as druidic. IMO the only item from cox that should actually be rare rare is the tbow.

I think that DR increasing items should work, and i think the drop rate for everything but the tbow should be buffed.

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Post by Snapzhot » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm

Iron reck wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:42 pm tbh i wanna see more purples that arent just prayer scrolls
This is a good point too, that might even be hurting us more. Seeing how often scrolls roll I kind of made an assumption of the logic behind it.

Imagine the scrolls are 60% of the drop table, but we only get one drop.
I obviously don't know exactly how the code is implemented, but for the developers to verify:

The order of the chance roll matters a lot. If they roll the scrolls before the juicy items, the scrolls get an additional advantage by having the chance of being rolled in general. The scrolls could've rolled as a drop, by being first in the logical flow, not giving a chance for the other items where hypothetically they could've also hit the drop for the twisted bow, but just not never got the chance because it exited on the scroll.
If you flip it around, and roll the other items first, they get the primary advantage by merely having the opportunity to be rolled.

I think this is why scrolls, dhcb, buckler are the most common items. Perhaps how the control flow for the drops is implemented.

Iron ra
Premium Donator

Post by Iron ra » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm

Make fort and pet work all I ask... being a private server we shouldn't have the exact same rates as osrs it doesn't please me but I understand it's not the Ra show. Rates should be almost doubled but still having a cap so your not manipulating a purple every raid with alts.

Another off topic note make it so alts can't get a purple with 0 points πŸ˜€

Twister1009
Premium Donator

Post by Twister1009 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:57 pm

Snapzhot wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,
A scythe is obtained statically every 170 raids in TOB.

The math I use is that a COX raid grants approximately a 4% unique per person. The bow is then an 2% chance from that original chance. This means every 1250 raids statistically a bow enters the game.

I think (whilst not entirely fair) comparing these two drop rates, it's pretty evident more than just lucky pets should be implemented to have some level of circulating end game content.
+1

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:00 pm

Eye of ra wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:50 pm
Another off topic note make it so alts can't get a purple with 0 points πŸ˜€
Can we get a confirmation or whether or not alts get their own roll or if they do get a drop if it actually snipes it from another player

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:14 pm

Snapzhot wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,
A scythe is obtained statically every 170 raids in TOB.

The math I use is that a COX raid grants approximately a 4% unique per person. The bow is then an 2% chance from that original chance. This means every 1250 raids statistically a bow enters the game.

I think (whilst not entirely fair) comparing these two drop rates, it's pretty evident more than just lucky pets should be implemented to have some level of circulating end game content.
Theatre of Blood and Chambers of Xeric on PkHonor currently both use exactly the same drop calculations as on OSRS, Theatre of Blood has way better rates because on OSRS it's actually a massive challenge to complete, on PkHonor nowadays it's pretty much cakewalk, making the Scythe way more common here than on OSRS. I'm not quite sure what a good balance would be if we were to change the purple rate for Chambers of Xeric.

Snapzhot wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm This is a good point too, that might even be hurting us more. Seeing how often scrolls roll I kind of made an assumption of the logic behind it.

Imagine the scrolls are 60% of the drop table, but we only get one drop.
I obviously don't know exactly how the code is implemented, but for the developers to verify:

The order of the chance roll matters a lot. If they roll the scrolls before the juicy items, the scrolls get an additional advantage by having the chance of being rolled in general. The scrolls could've rolled as a drop, by being first in the logical flow, not giving a chance for the other items where hypothetically they could've also hit the drop for the twisted bow, but just not never got the chance because it exited on the scroll.
If you flip it around, and roll the other items first, they get the primary advantage by merely having the opportunity to be rolled.

I think this is why scrolls, dhcb, buckler are the most common items. Perhaps how the control flow for the drops is implemented.
I can verify that the probability for each table when a purple is rolled, is independent of each other.

Attack like wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:00 pm Can we get a confirmation or whether or not alts get their own roll or if they do get a drop if it actually snipes it from another player
I'm not quite sure what you mean by their own roll, but a player has a weighted chance of getting the purple, if a purple is rolled, in the case of Antonio's purple on his alt account today, we both had 55,000 points, the alt had 500 points. That means that there's a (55,000 / (55,000 + 55,000 + 500)) * 100% = 49.77% chance for Antonio to get a purple on Empty Pot, and same chance for me, this leaves a 0.45% chance that Antonio's alt got the purple, which he got.

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Post by Snapzhot » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:37 pm

I can verify that the probability for each table when a purple is rolled, is independent of each other.
How do you resolve multiple purple's getting rolled? There must be a bias logic somewhere in the control flow.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by their own roll, but a player has a weighted chance of getting the purple, if a purple is rolled, in the case of Antonio's purple on his alt account today, we both had 55,000 points, the alt had 500 points. That means that there's a (55,000 / (55,000 + 55,000 + 500)) * 100% = 49.77% chance for Antonio to get a purple on Empty Pot, and same chance for me, this leaves a 0.45% chance that Antonio's alt got the purple, which he got.
We have a use case that occurred where a player with 0 points received a purple, lootshare off.

Nazuths
Developer

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 pm

Snapzhot wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:37 pm How do you resolve multiple purple's getting rolled? There must be a bias logic somewhere in the control flow.
I'm not sure what you mean, the points are capped at 570,000, which is a 65.70% chance at a purple, any point beyond the 570,000 will count towards the chance for a second purple.

You can not get a second purple unless you've got over 570,000 points

Attack like
Honor Player

Post by Attack like » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:11 pm

Nazuths wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:14 pm
Attack like wrote: ↑Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:00 pm Can we get a confirmation or whether or not alts get their own roll or if they do get a drop if it actually snipes it from another player
Like snapz said, we had an alt with 0 points get a purple, not 0 like super low points but just 0 actual points.
So im wondering in that scenario if they purple shouldve rolled to a person who actually had points and the alt sniped it. LS was off as well