Chambers of Xeric - Purples

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What changes to the Chambers of Xeric, regarding purple chests, would you like to see?

Change the variables that determine the chance at a purple (currently 8,676 points = 1% chance, capped at 570,000 points (65.70%)), comment your proposed changes.
17%
Allow droprate boosting items to add an invisible point boost equal to their respective % of droprate increase, 10,000 points becomes 11,300 points for ex-ex parrot (times 1.13).
62%
Add a consumable to the Vote store which increases the amount of points by a percentage X, can buy multiple, capped at 10 maximum.
11%
Nothing needs to be changed, it's fine as is.
7%
Other, leave your feedback below.
3%

Total votes: 71

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Re: Chambers of Xeric - Purples

Post by Snapzhot » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:25 pm

I'm getting extremely specific here in a black box scenario, so I apologize if I'm also completely wrong.

'm not sure what you mean, the points are capped at 570,000, which is a 65.70% chance at a purple, any point beyond the 570,000 will count towards the chance for a second purple.
I can verify that the probability for each table when a purple is rolled, is independent of each other.
I guess I assumed that by the drops being independent, each table gets rolled independently and there would be a chance of multiples ( bad ) and require resolving to choose the final drop ( bias )

But maybe you are hinting more along the lines of a single weighted list of all the rewards and a single rolled number retrieving the item from that list. (good)

Again, this is black box for me. So in these scenario's I might be missing a key piece of information, but still find this stuff interesting to understand. And I'm also basing it off the 27 scrolls, 2 dhcb and 3 bucklers our clan received.
Last edited by Snapzhot on Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:39 am

Snapzhot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,
A scythe is obtained statically every 170 raids in TOB.

The math I use is that a COX raid grants approximately a 4% unique per person. The bow is then an 2% chance from that original chance. This means every 1250 raids statistically a bow enters the game.

I think (whilst not entirely fair) comparing these two drop rates, it's pretty evident more than just lucky pets should be implemented to have some level of circulating end game content.
^

Sgt salty

Post by Sgt salty » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 am

I think a flat buff to rates would be much better than drop increasing items. Ironman can not vote their way to a parrot and must obtain it from other sources, thus being forced to wear a ring of wealth within the cave if they haven't obtained it. Also, the buff provided by the ring/pet is not enough of a boost in my opinion to the purple rates. I would suggest increasing the base rates from 3.5% per 30k points to 5% every 30k points (roughly 1% chance every 6000 points instead of every 8676).
Last edited by Sgt salty on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Black0utz
Premium Donator

Post by Black0utz » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:24 am

JUST BUFF THE DROP RATES MY MAN NAZOOOOOOOTS, MAKE IT SIMILAR TO TOBBBBBBB

ITS A PRIVATE SERVER, WHAT'S THE POINT OF DROP RATES BEING SO LOW? WHO WOULD PK WITH ANCESTRAL IF THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO LOSE IT AND NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY BACK OR PVM TO GET ANOTHER ONE CONSIDERING IT TAKES FOREVER EVA

:pogo:

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:08 am

Black0utz wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:24 am JUST BUFF THE DROP RATES MY MAN NAZOOOOOOOTS, MAKE IT SIMILAR TO TOBBBBBBB

ITS A PRIVATE SERVER, WHAT'S THE POINT OF DROP RATES BEING SO LOW? WHO WOULD PK WITH ANCESTRAL IF THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO LOSE IT AND NOT BEING ABLE TO BUY BACK OR PVM TO GET ANOTHER ONE CONSIDERING IT TAKES FOREVER EVA

:pogo:
King k0utz has spoken

Sgt salty

Post by Sgt salty » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:04 pm

Kenneth wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:39 am
Snapzhot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,
A scythe is obtained statically every 170 raids in TOB.

The math I use is that a COX raid grants approximately a 4% unique per person. The bow is then an 2% chance from that original chance. This means every 1250 raids statistically a bow enters the game.

I think (whilst not entirely fair) comparing these two drop rates, it's pretty evident more than just lucky pets should be implemented to have some level of circulating end game content.
^
That 4% is assuming deathless and the 1250 raids is assuming solos. Most people run trios or near it so it is more like every 417 raids without +1/+2ing. Still a ton of raids. Lucky pet/ring would barely put a dent in that.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:54 am

Sgt salty wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 am I think a flat buff to rates would be much better than drop increasing items. Ironman can not vote their way to a parrot and must obtain it from other sources, thus being forced to wear a ring of wealth within the cave if they haven't obtained it. Also, the buff provided by the ring/pet is not enough of a boost in my opinion to the purple rates. I would suggest increasing the base rates from 3.5% per 30k points to 5% every 30k points (roughly 1% chance every 6000 points instead of every 8676).
Facts.

Fuck outa here with all extra items and rituals for better loot chances in a minigame. Option 3 is ass esp. Base rate up a tad bit and we good, or up hella fine with me too.
#Justice4Church