Chambers of Xeric - Purples

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What changes to the Chambers of Xeric, regarding purple chests, would you like to see?

Change the variables that determine the chance at a purple (currently 8,676 points = 1% chance, capped at 570,000 points (65.70%)), comment your proposed changes.
17%
Allow droprate boosting items to add an invisible point boost equal to their respective % of droprate increase, 10,000 points becomes 11,300 points for ex-ex parrot (times 1.13).
62%
Add a consumable to the Vote store which increases the amount of points by a percentage X, can buy multiple, capped at 10 maximum.
11%
Nothing needs to be changed, it's fine as is.
7%
Other, leave your feedback below.
3%

Total votes: 71

Nazuths
Developer

Chambers of Xeric - Purples

Post by Nazuths » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:55 pm

Hello members of the PkHonorian Community,

Recently I've perceived some feedback in regards to the rates of purple chests in PkHonor's Chambers of Xeric (CoX).

As it stands currently, a purple chest is awarded in exactly the same way as OSRS (which can be found here), items that normally increase droprates, i.e. lucky pet, currently do not affect the droprate of purples in CoX. Considering we are a private server, players have certain expectations in regards to drops in the sense that rare drops should be more common on PkHonor than they are on OSRS. The difference between PkHonor is that we have better gear available, we have the completionist capes and all nex sets, this in turn should cause a raid on PkHonor to be faster than OSRS, meaning in theory, you can earn yourself more points on average, thus more purples. However, perceived feedback states that this simply is not enough and might require a change.

I've now made this post because I require more feedback, I want to know what you guys think about it. Additionally, I've added a poll with several options for change, or no change, should one feel it's fine as is.

Thank you guys in advance!

Empty
Honor Player

Re: Chambers of Xeric - Purples

Post by Empty » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:00 pm

As you said that we're a private server, so i think Allow droprate boosting items to add an invisible point boost equal to their respective % of droprate. :)

Hcim ess
Premium Donator

Post by Hcim ess » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:09 pm

I agree with Empty. Being a private server, drops should be heightened vs. osrs. :)

Gummshotz
Premium Donator

Post by Gummshotz » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:10 pm

disagree, cox is quite simple to do imo also solo
increasing drop rate will make cox quicker a death content when the market will be full of them items

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Post by Snapzhot » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm

It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,
A scythe is obtained statically every 170 raids in TOB.

The math I use is that a COX raid grants approximately a 4% unique per person. The bow is then an 2% chance from that original chance. This means every 1250 raids statistically a bow enters the game.

I think (whilst not entirely fair) comparing these two drop rates, it's pretty evident more than just lucky pets should be implemented to have some level of circulating end game content.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:17 pm

Snapzhot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,

The math I use is that a COX raid grants approximately a 4% unique per person. The bow is then an 2% chance from that original chance. This means every 1250 raids statistically a bow enters the game.

I think (whilst not entirely fair) comparing these two drop rates, it's pretty evident more than just lucky pets should be implemented to have some level of circulating end game content.
THIS^^^^
+ considering completion time of ToB is pretty identical to CoX, that would mean that Tbow should technically be roughly 8x the price of scythe which I dont think anyone wants..

Saintzz
One Hit Wonder

Post by Saintzz » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:20 pm

Agreed, heightened drops across the board really not just CoX, As you mentioned yes we do indeed get better gear than osrs, but with the wonky-ness of defence /attack style differences of OSRS, i think this is absolutely a good change.

Iron reck
Premium Donator

Post by Iron reck » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:22 pm

Snapzhot wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:13 pm It might be good to compare the drops to existing drops like a scythe,

+1
ImageImage

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm

This is what I’ve been thinking. Cox is an amazing addition but it doesn’t feel as fun as it should consider no one’s getting any drops other then elites. Hoping this gets changed to match our tob drop rates.

Will be ok2
Premium Donator

Post by Will be ok2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:32 pm

Tbh the rarity of purples is insane low, my cc has close to 1,000 raids because we’ve been doing a COX event since release, however.. not 1 person has hit tbow, Kodai or elder maul… there has been thousands of raids done since release and only 1 of these items into the game. we’re on on osrs… rates should be way better.. I think we should be see’ing double or triple the amount of purples. Eye of ra went 80+ dry for a purple, somedudedw went 83 dry.. these numbers are insane for a RSPS…

We are not OSRS if we keep doing updates pushing the server twords being a mirror of osrs we’ll fail.