Ice demon: OSRS or easier?

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should the Ice demon follow the same defensive mechanics as in OSRS?

Yes, keep it exactly the same as in OSRS
45%
No, make it easier by lowering its damage reduction (for example reducing melee and ranged damage to 50% or 67% instead of 33%)
41%
No, make it easier by lowering its base defence stat (but keep its damage reduction)
No votes
I don't have a strong opinion about this
14%

Total votes: 22

Mike
Programmer

Ice demon: OSRS or easier?

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:19 pm

A common complaint about the Chambers of Xeric is the Ice demon being really slow to kill. This is because of the following defensive mechanics being applied, in accordance to how it works in OSRS (source):
Though the demon has damage reduction effects for both range and melee attack styles reducing damage to 33%, it takes 50% more damage when attacked with fire spells or the Flames of Zamorak spell and is fairly accurate due to its magic defence being calculated from its defence level rather than magic, unlike most monsters.
Do you think that our Chambers of Xeric should follow all the mechanics from OSRS, or do you think it we should make it easier (and thus faster to kill)?

Isaac
Honor Player

Re: Ice demon: OSRS or easier?

Post by Isaac » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:21 pm

I just completed a solo raid with Fire Surge and it melted the demon, excuse the pun.

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:22 pm

1st

Brant
Fanatic

Post by Brant » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:22 pm

Do people not use fire spells against it?

Snapzhot
Premium Donator

Post by Snapzhot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:17 pm

I have no problem with the Ice demon itself, the problem lies with the braziers and the kindling mechanics behind it on a scaled raid feeling broken and excessively long,. We run raids with 10+ people, and OSRS had this problem as well. The kindling put in the braziers extinguishes at a very rapid rate, in addition to the kindling doing barely any damage against the demon.
Ice demon is a great choice for solo, but 3+ I noticed it not being worth.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 pm

Snapzhot wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:17 pm I have no problem with the Ice demon itself, the problem lies with the braziers and the kindling mechanics behind it on a scaled raid feeling broken and excessively long,. We run raids with 10+ people, and OSRS had this problem as well. The kindling put in the braziers extinguishes at a very rapid rate, in addition to the kindling doing barely any damage against the demon.
Understandable. We'll see what we can do about this!

Arrsenic
Premium Donator

Post by Arrsenic » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:54 pm

Snapzhot wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:17 pm I have no problem with the Ice demon itself, the problem lies with the braziers and the kindling mechanics behind it on a scaled raid feeling broken and excessively long,. We run raids with 10+ people, and OSRS had this problem as well. The kindling put in the braziers extinguishes at a very rapid rate, in addition to the kindling doing barely any damage against the demon.
“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of the good people.”