Rigour and Augury scrolls

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What should we do with the Rigour and Augury scrolls in regards to the Chambers of Xeric?

Add them as rare rewards (just like in OSRS)
2%
Add them as uncommon rewards, without taking away from the rare rewards
4%
Don't add them as rewards at all
11%
Add Rigour+ and Augury+ to boost the existing prayers with +1% attack
2%
Add Rigour+ and Augury+ to boost the existing prayers with +2% attack
76%
I have an alternative suggestion (post below)
4%
I don't have a strong opinion about this
2%

Total votes: 54

Thoby
Developer

Re: Rigour and Augury scrolls

Post by Thoby » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:30 pm

Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm D claws g would be dope
Iron adam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:09 pm Golden claws

My weak attempt at doing just that.
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Empty
Honor Player

Post by Empty » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:30 pm Image
These are actually just great.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:30 pm
Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm D claws g would be dope
Iron adam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:09 pm Golden claws

would it be easier to just make the whole thing gold? that could look cool too

Thoby
Developer

Post by Thoby » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:36 pm

Iron adam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 pm would it be easier to just make the whole thing gold? that could look cool too
That would also be possible too!
Feel free to send me a message, I'd gladly have a chat!
Image Image

Iron reck
Premium Donator

Post by Iron reck » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:01 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:08 pm Mike, try to research anguish and torment (pretty much the equivalent of turmoil for range and mage in the curse prayers). They will obviously be stronger than rigour and augury, and would make the curse prayer book best in slot for good. I think it would be really nice ( especially if you plan on balancing leech prayers/disabling them).
Full support for this, adding it as a curses option would be alot more balanced
ImageImage

Ephriam
Honor Player

Post by Ephriam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:37 pm

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:36 pm
Iron adam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 pm would it be easier to just make the whole thing gold? that could look cool too
That would also be possible too!
Personally I’d prefer pure gold claws (or a twisted kits to make d claws green/ with white accents) the clash of red and gold looks ugly in my opinion. That or we could just get rid of the tormented demons because they are the most ass content in pkhonor. As for scrolls I’d like to see the 1-2% boost. The scrolls would add a useful eco sink however they should be rare so they don’t drop like the normal scrolls do.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:43 pm

Respire1337 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:08 pm Mike, try to research anguish and torment (pretty much the equivalent of turmoil for range and mage in the curse prayers). They will obviously be stronger than rigour and augury, and would make the curse prayer book best in slot for good. I think it would be really nice ( especially if you plan on balancing leech prayers/disabling them).
Yeah I really like this. The regular prayer book kinda sucks as is and a "+ version" wont really feel special (and probably wont give much benefits worth getting excited over). Everyone uses curses almost exclusively anyways. Most of the time when the prayer books get swapped is when people go AFK with blood barrage at dust devils simply because it's in their preset lol

Changing prayer books isn't "fun and engaging content", it's tedious and makes little sense for regular prays to have all 3 styles accommodated for but curses only having melee (probably because curses was meant more for PVP). Jagex realized this on RS3 and added Anguish and Torment since curses is the "big boy" prayer book anyways. They wouldn't even have to be "turmoil but range\mage", they could just be literally the same stats as rigour and augury. Opens up some new original setups in PvM and it could introduce\incentivize some more depth to NHing since no one on PKH really bothers to nh with regular prayers (if they do, they barely switch the offensive prayers anyways)

It's not pre-eoc but it was a proper fix for shortsighted game design which is what curses were initially.

Edit from RS wiki:
If comparing stat increases, Torment is not much stronger than Augury and drains prayer 50% faster
If comparing stat increases, Anguish is not much stronger than Rigour and drains prayer 50% faster
Idk about the stat draining stuff which makes them still a great choice on RS3. Does turmoil even drain stats on PKH?

Somedudedw
Premium Donator

Post by Somedudedw » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:10 pm

As awesome as adding Anguish and Torment would be, I think that rigour+ and augury+ are a safer option for keeping things balanced, at least for now, until more discussion is held on those (possible to add them as drops in a future update). Changing the entire game meta on launch of CoX would be less than ideal, in my opinion.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:19 am

Rigour+ and Augury+ is the best option I see here now. It does what the prayer scrolls do on osrs: provide a step up from the range and mage prayers that you have already. Melee has the strongest prayer in game so setting that off to range and magic, a boost to those won't do harm balance wise.

The prayer books as they are are quite balanced, I got a whole mix of setups all with a prayer book that matches it. About 50/50 even. Adding turmoil equivalents for ranged and magic to curses prayer book would end that though. Doing nothing relevant with them also yikes.

As for the claws, they should keep their iconic red color imo. Don't make it clownscape. Had some ideas but I guess don't fix it if it ain't broken is the best route. They should be more rare and cox would be a good fit, but the hassle of everything with too many being in eco just for a pvp only item... Maybe replace all claws ingame and also the og dclaw drops with some claw part and if you exchange 10 of them at an npc you receive 1x real claws. Which are just the old claws but now more rare and valuable. While cox then drops these 'full' claws. Can also balance how many claw parts each source of claws drop.

Can maybe also do this for other items we want to introduce.
#Justice4Church

Fe vok
Novice

Post by Fe vok » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:01 am

Keeping content true to OSRS has flown out the window and IDK why the devs are stuck on that idea. Our teleport locations alone skew so far from 'lore' that it's silly to try to keep 100% true to it. We have custom whips, and some custom 'rares'. We can skip Jad waves, ironmen can spawn our own wildy bosses, our Nex is... well, garbage. Get off the addiction of keeping true to OSRS, as a private server we have strayed so far from source code, that it's silly to attempt to keep up any facade of "true to lore"

I do agree with trying to keep things cohesive, at least a part of the original runescape code; but we already have worthless scrolls of augury and rigour, so adding an extra bonus is really the only idea that isn't braindead.

While this game is so far from OSRS, and the base code is complete Spaghetti (thanks Mike ;) ) we are all hopelessly addicted and I thank all of the devs. Do more polls for future updates so you don't just piss damn near everyone off with certain updates (like the BP nerf) and then can also get mad support with others, like the Bank/G.E. UI updates (Thanks @Thoby)

I also agree with adding 'Anguish' and 'Torment' to the curses spellbook, as right now it's useless aside from pking and soul split.