Rigour and Augury scrolls

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

What should we do with the Rigour and Augury scrolls in regards to the Chambers of Xeric?

Add them as rare rewards (just like in OSRS)
2%
Add them as uncommon rewards, without taking away from the rare rewards
4%
Don't add them as rewards at all
11%
Add Rigour+ and Augury+ to boost the existing prayers with +1% attack
2%
Add Rigour+ and Augury+ to boost the existing prayers with +2% attack
76%
I have an alternative suggestion (post below)
4%
I don't have a strong opinion about this
2%

Total votes: 54

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Re: Rigour and Augury scrolls

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:08 am

I’d prefer the augury and rigor + options. I wouldn’t want the curses spell book to be the one and only choice once unlocked, in regards to adding their curses spell book counter parts, let’s give players a reason for them to have to decide one or the other. Not to mention those plus leech prayers would fuck people up in PvP more than it already does.

Just a thought maybe introduce a + version for piety from ToB that makes it better than turmoil so then players would have to choose if they want turmoil with soul split or piety+ with protection prayers. Not a full fledged thought so don’t hang me for it but wanted to get some feedback on pros and cons, again I wouldn’t want 1 spell book to be the obvious choice over the other and maybe this would do that but who knows.

As for D claws I don’t like it being too custom, those d claws g IMO would turn people away from pkhonor if they’re coming from osrs. I would much rather remove them from tormented demons (and remove tormented demons because nobody likes them) or make CoX an alternative to get D Claws since again nobody likes killing TDs.

EDIT: I’d say the complaints of our current scrolls being worthless, to be fair even in OSRS they’re almost worthless, if we added them the exact same way osrs did in time they’d become worthless since every account only ever needs 1x of each scroll. No reason to complain we’re just ahead of the curve. In time these + versions will plummet to alch price because there would be too many in the eco. The only resolve I could think in this is adding a “dismantle” option to turn it into something else, whatever that could be to keep them useful and relevant.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Fe vok
Novice

Post by Fe vok » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:31 am

Thearlygamer wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:08 am I’d prefer the augury and rigor + options. I wouldn’t want the curses spell book to be the one and only choice once unlocked, in regards to adding their curses spell book counter parts, let’s give players a reason for them to have to decide one or the other. Not to mention those plus leech prayers would fuck people up in PvP more than it already does.

Just a thought maybe introduce a + version for piety from ToB that makes it better than turmoil so then players would have to choose if they want turmoil with soul split or piety+ with protection prayers. Not a full fledged thought so don’t hang me for it but wanted to get some feedback on pros and cons, again I wouldn’t want 1 spell book to be the obvious choice over the other and maybe this would do that but who knows.

As for D claws I don’t like it being too custom, those d claws g IMO would turn people away from pkhonor if they’re coming from osrs. I would much rather remove them from tormented demons (and remove tormented demons because nobody likes them) or make CoX an alternative to get D Claws since again nobody likes killing TDs.

EDIT: I’d say the complaints of our current scrolls being worthless, to be fair even in OSRS they’re almost worthless, if we added them the exact same way osrs did in time they’d become worthless since every account only ever needs 1x of each scroll. No reason to complain we’re just ahead of the curve. In time these + versions will plummet to alch price because there would be too many in the eco. The only resolve I could think in this is adding a “dismantle” option to turn it into something else, whatever that could be to keep them useful and relevant.
The thing is, it's just a myth that turmoil is better than piety. Albiet, I'm not a pker, but wildy is the only place where curses are the better option. Claws (g) is a silly option and should be purely cosmetic, if any. I think it's not a worthwhile contribution. Dragon Claws are not effective in anything as I can see, and in OSRS they're decent in PVP but in PKH they're garbage.

Bamf status
Premium Donator

Post by Bamf status » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:44 am

Dragon Claws are not effective in anything as I can see, and in OSRS they're decent in PVP but in PKH they're garbage.
[/quote]

My suggestion was an upgrade kit that maybe had some cosmetic difference for the claws but also a small buff to make them viable to use. I don't really see an issue with adding anguish and turmoil, but they should be the same as rigor and augury, just on the curses prayer book. I'd be fine with a +2% boost as well though.
And to give an extra +1 to Meka's point earlier, Fuck Tormented Demons.
---They Aint gonna give it to you, so go take it---

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:42 am

Fe vok wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:31 am

The thing is, it's just a myth that turmoil is better than piety. Albiet, I'm not a pker, but wildy is the only place where curses are the better option. Claws (g) is a silly option and should be purely cosmetic, if any. I think it's not a worthwhile contribution. Dragon Claws are not effective in anything as I can see, and in OSRS they're decent in PVP but in PKH they're garbage.
The prayers would also be sort of rare so it makes sense if they gave a powerful new unlock. Getting it would be cool and exciting and worth being a rare, thematically fitting CoX drop. Getting a 1-2% increase for another unlock though.... Nah. Should be uncommon from CoX then. It'd be a disappointing drop.

Also how would they even be OP with? You cant leech with turmoil AFAIK and it would be the same with these prayers. We could give them an increased prayer drain if it's still unbalanced for PVP, make curses more expensive to get, make them equal to or slightly worse than rigour/augury, ....
No one supporting Torment/Anguish is asking for powercreep here. In fact a 1-2% increase actually IS powercreep even if its not much.

Whats weird to me is that switching prayer books is in no way, shape or form engaging content but people act like its something integral to the game. That all went out of the window the moment a new prayer book was added. When you do it manually, its tedious. When you have it in your preset, its done for you instantly so why even care? There is no "choice" here. If you wanna melee, curses. Range/mage? Regular. No way to make a choice to sacrifice a little DPS to use a slightly worse prayer but also use soulsplit & having higher prayer drain. There's so many original and exciting ways these new prayers could be implemented or play in on future content like potential custom bosses. Its such a shame some people cant see that because Reddit drilled "EOC = bad = easyscape = pay to win" in their head.

Either way leeches should get nerfed but that's another discussion. No reason to oppose decent content because the current content is broken. Introducing new stuff where there's unbalanced content is exactly what would push the devs to fix the older content because contrary to popular belief, they do actually want to bring out updates that aren't dead content or game breaking.

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:47 am

Thoby wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:30 pm
Stale fish1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm D claws g would be dope
Iron adam wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:09 pm Golden claws

My weak attempt at doing just that.
Yes please

Stale fish1
Wise One

Post by Stale fish1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:48 am

If the new scrolls get added thoughts on a combination cost of

10x regular rigours + 10k pkp and vice versa for augury

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:28 am

Fungamer wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:42 am
The prayers would also be sort of rare so it makes sense if they gave a powerful new unlock. Getting it would be cool and exciting and worth being a rare, thematically fitting CoX drop. Getting a 1-2% increase for another unlock though.... Nah. Should be uncommon from CoX then. It'd be a disappointing drop.

Also how would they even be OP with? You cant leech with turmoil AFAIK and it would be the same with these prayers. We could give them an increased prayer drain if it's still unbalanced for PVP, make curses more expensive to get, make them equal to or slightly worse than rigour/augury, ....
No one supporting Torment/Anguish is asking for powercreep here. In fact a 1-2% increase actually IS powercreep even if its not much.

Whats weird to me is that switching prayer books is in no way, shape or form engaging content but people act like its something integral to the game. That all went out of the window the moment a new prayer book was added. When you do it manually, its tedious. When you have it in your preset, its done for you instantly so why even care? There is no "choice" here. If you wanna melee, curses. Range/mage? Regular. No way to make a choice to sacrifice a little DPS to use a slightly worse prayer but also use soulsplit & having higher prayer drain. There's so many original and exciting ways these new prayers could be implemented or play in on future content like potential custom bosses. Its such a shame some people cant see that because Reddit drilled "EOC = bad = easyscape = pay to win" in their head.

Either way leeches should get nerfed but that's another discussion. No reason to oppose decent content because the current content is broken. Introducing new stuff where there's unbalanced content is exactly what would push the devs to fix the older content because contrary to popular belief, they do actually want to bring out updates that aren't dead content or game breaking.
I’d be more willing if you can’t leech with them, but still personally it’s a no for me. Like I said I’d rather players need to make a choice in which prayer book they choose, plus we have to think of all the places this would be broken like Corp and zulrah, a bp with chaos comp soul split and a prayer as strong as rigor? Nty. Just because you say it isn’t engaging doesn’t mean it’s true, it’s a choice you have to make before you go to a boss just like you have to choose what attack style you’re going to use.

It’s so contradictory to say that a 1-2% increase isn’t worth anything while at the same time saying it’s power creep to a degree that the update shouldn’t happen this way, while also asking it to be a huge buff to make the drop worth it.

Also idc about the whole eoc being bad argument, I’m all for good updates as long as they’re balanced and fit in our game, but just because I think one prayer book shouldn’t be superior in every way to the other doesn’t mean I’m instantly against an idea because it’s in eoc.

Painting a broad brush with some of these statements my guy some of us just don’t agree and that’s completely okay
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:28 am
I’d be more willing if you can’t leech with them, but still personally it’s a no for me. Like I said I’d rather players need to make a choice in which prayer book they choose, plus we have to think of all the places this would be broken like Corp and zulrah, a bp with chaos comp soul split and a prayer as strong as rigor? Nty. Just because you say it isn’t engaging doesn’t mean it’s true, it’s a choice you have to make before you go to a boss just like you have to choose what attack style you’re going to use.
There literally is no choice. If you use range or mage, you use the regular prayer book. If you use melee or PK, you use curses. Anything else (in 99.9% of cases) is not optimal. The "choice" for a prayer book is tied directly to the combat styles you use for the boss, and many times that isn't even a choice either. Chaos bp already got a nerf so idk what the argument is there. Zulrah gets killed in like 20 sec after the nerf happened so it wouldn't be OP there. Trying to solo kill corp or nex with ranged & soulsplit? GL.
It’s so contradictory to say that a 1-2% increase isn’t worth anything while at the same time saying it’s power creep to a degree that the update shouldn’t happen this way, while also asking it to be a huge buff to make the drop worth it.
Increasing the strength of rigour/augury would be an admittedly small powercreep, but powercreep nonetheless. It directly buffs the DPS players get. Adding a new prayer is original, can be implemented creatively and doesn't need to be stronger than Augury or Rigour, in fact it can be the same or even weaker to account for the healing you can get from using soulsplit. It gives people a completely new thing to unlock, could even be a new comp requirement.

Also idc about the whole eoc being bad argument, I’m all for good updates as long as they’re balanced and fit in our game, but just because I think one prayer book shouldn’t be superior in every way to the other doesn’t mean I’m instantly against an idea because it’s in eoc.
It wouldn't necessarily be superior. Faster prayer drain or some other handicaps on it can make it an actual choice to use another prayer book. Shit it could even be made so that bolt specs don't work while Anguish is active. Right now there is no choice, as I explained above. We have competent developers who are able to put our ideas in the 20yo medieval point and click game we all love. Let's be a bit more creative and think outside the box rather than just giving it a lame 1-2% increase.

Painting a broad brush with some of these statements my guy some of us just don’t agree and that’s completely okay
Fungamer wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:42 am its such a shame some people cant see that because Reddit drilled "EOC = bad = easyscape = pay to win" in their head.