Chaotic weapon rebalancing

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.

Should we lower the stats of the Chaotic crossbow, rapier and maul?

Yes, lower the bonuses of the Chaotic crossbow, rapier and maul as proposed
52%
Yes, lower the bonuses of the Chaotic crossbow, rapier and maul, but not exactly as proposed (post your suggested stat changes below)
6%
Yes, lower them to be exactly as the Armadyl crossbow, Ghrazi rapier and Elder maul, so they become a degradeable version of these weapons
9%
No, leave the bonuses exactly as they are
26%
I don't have a strong opinion about this
7%

Total votes: 54

Znoxy

Re: Chaotic weapon rebalancing

Post by Znoxy » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:39 am

I like the proposed ideas

+1

Raj
Developer

Post by Raj » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:50 pm

Arrsenic wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:59 pm Nerf chaotics further more. each weapon of the chaotics is 20-30 mins of lost souls which is too easy, while ghrazi is a whole Theatre of blood reward, same goes for acb . quite a grind relatively to chaotics.

Church
Premium Donator

Post by Church » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:46 pm

I voted for the main proposal cause it’s fine but I wouldn’t mind to see them nerfed just a little bit more.

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:45 pm

This is what we call a compromise. It would be unwise to remove chaotics completely. We have too many players that played a lot during pre-eoc times and love these weapons.

And while we are a private server, everything can't be better and stronger than osrs. We already have things like nex gear, overloads, custom whips, and comp capes that on their own far outclass an osrs setup. This change is needed for the long term health of this game.

Thearlygamer
Premium Donator

Post by Thearlygamer » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 pm

Speaking from personal experience since I just started a new ironman, I'd much rather do lost souls for 20 mins for a ccb than do a potential 250 sara boss kills, which could equate to a few hours for a chance at an acb, the same could be said for tob for the rapier, and until then a regular ironman would need to use a normal whip and a rune cbow.

Removing chaotics (or making them hard/impossible to receive such as putting them in the bh store) imo is just making early game ironman mode just more and more unpleasent. I would prefer them not to be removed, but nerfing them further to actually make the hours of grinding for their OSRS counterparts worth doing for the upgrade.

Image Chaotic crossbow:
Ranged attack: +120
→ Ranged attack: +92

Image Armadyl crossbow for comparison:
Ranged attack: +100
1/6 chance to trigger enchanted bolt effects (versus 1/8 chance for other weapons) and a special attack that guarantees an enchanted bolt special effect and offers +100% accuracy against players (+20% accuracy against NPC's).

Image Chaotic rapier:
Stab attack: +94
→ Stab attack: +86
Strength: +101
→ Strength: +85

Image Ghrazi rapier for comparison:
Stab attack: +94
Strength: +89

Mike wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:11 am
Fungamer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:01 am Also, remove them from the store and add them as an actual drop from lost souls.
Lost Souls would become the place(s) to go for noobs. Newer players would be encouraged to go into the wildy and could even get motivated to PK. They'd accumulate points while grinding for a chaotic which means they'll get curses quite easily whilst not intentionally grinding for the points. Noobs having easier access to curses would level the playing field a bit for PvP. If they're lucky they could also get a salve amulet as a drop and sell it which means they'll get curses ez or they'll be able to quite rapidly afford donor or prem.
This idea, I do like. We'll think some more about it, but definitely something to consider.
If we do this I hope if a player gets 2 of the same chaotic weapon we're able to merge them together some way. That way we don't have 5 rapiers (20) before i get 1 crossbow. We'd also need to find a balance of this not taking hours upon hours to get to a point where it makes getting their stronger counter parts relatively easier since you wouldn't have to avoid pkers the whole time.

As far as the PvP aspect I think everyone wants the bis for cheapest (could also be appealing to newer pkers), but that doesn't mean they should run around in bis for dirt cheap really throws off the whole risk vs reward thing. We wouldn't want to make pking have a paywall to join since acb is very expensive atm, that's why I think making them a relatively fast drop from lost souls, while still keeping them slightly less op from their more expensive osrs counter parts could be a nice balance.

EDIT: If we add chaotics to the lost souls drop table, maybe we could add a 'dismantle' option to get 2-5 repair kits in return, this way any extra (for ironmen at least) wouldn't go to waste.
Being the best player on PkHonor is hard, I just make it look easy

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:53 pm

Well, nerfing them to be slightly under all of their OSRS counterparts is also really good. Makes them worth of grinding and they are also nowhere near bis. Support to even further nerfing!

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Thearlygamer wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:48 pm Chaotic crossbow:
Ranged attack: +120
→ Ranged attack: +92
That would make it basically a rune crossbow. I think this would be nerfing it too far.

Avetar602
Premium Donator

Post by Avetar602 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:19 pm

I like the idea of adding them to the lost souls loot table. It's not gonna get more people into pking just gonna help the few pkers we have stay active

Iron reck
Premium Donator

Post by Iron reck » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:03 pm

If ccb gets nerfed can opal bolts and shit work properly like osrs at least so that they acc hit more than a 34 during pvp
ImageImage

Sniper wolf
Premium Donator

Post by Sniper wolf » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:35 am

makes no sense to nerf tier 80 weapons to stats lower than tier 70 weapons.