New random event

PkHonor's work in progress and future updates will be posted here.
Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Re: New random event

Post by Blahblahdie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:46 pm

Mike wrote:
Donderstone2 wrote:If only this was actual Javascript... Looks more like a combo of Lua and Python tbh.
Probably a scripting language specifically written for RuneScape bots, but it just as well works in RSPS.
I won't say what it's called though, since the program contains spyware lol. Don't want to infect people's computers with that just so they can write bots for PkHonor :P
I was joking when I wrote that, lmao.

Codgamerftw
Novice

Post by Codgamerftw » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:13 am

Damn nice job so far mike, i think it wil be a total succes if you add the idea of maurits to it which i think would be rather funny
Maurits wrote:Missclick should send the player to the cages in varrock, with a notification in game.

"Mauritsd has been jailed for botting! Type ::botjail to throw rotten tomatoes!"

Make a npc that sells rotten tomatoes for 1m each. (Part of Zi's idea)
Have the option to throw rotten tomatoes on the bots. ;)

Banco
Honor Player

Post by Banco » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:10 am

U2good4me
Loading signature...

Dovah
Premium Donator

Post by Dovah » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:59 am

Make it so you have to type a command such as ::event which teles you out of the random event.

To prevent autotypers from simply...well...autotyping their way out of the event, you can make a system where it records how many times you type the command per login, and gives a warning not to type the command unless you are at an event. If the command is typed 2 or 3 times, the account gets auto jailed. It could also send a message to any staff members online, so they can interrogate the player and see if the jail was a mistake or if they are indeed botting.

Glad to help.

EDIT: I just realized I gravedug the shit out of this thread.
Last edited by Dovah on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:00 am

Why in the world would he add that?

I honestly can not think of one good reason for it...kinda sounds like you just want a way to tele out of an event while using a ghost mouse.

Dovah
Premium Donator

Post by Dovah » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 am

Haydenn wrote:Why in the world would he add that?

I honestly can not think of one good reason for it...kinda sounds like you just want a way to tele out of an event while using a ghost mouse.
You can't, implementing my idea and having his 2 minute demon idea makes it fool proof.

Let's get off this thread before we get into trouble.

I'm not sure about the rules for grave digging on here but yeah.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 am

There's no rule about gravedigging.
Hamade wrote:Posting in an old thread, bumping it to the top of the forum is okay, as long as the post that bumps it is relevant to the discussion
From Forums Laws 2.0^

Anyway, what purpose would your idea serve? I see no reason why the current event system is inadequate. All the portals have the same id as Mike stated, and the botter can not make a bot that can distinguish between the portals.

Dovah
Premium Donator

Post by Dovah » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 am

Haydenn wrote:There's no rule about gravedigging.
Hamade wrote:Posting in an old thread, bumping it to the top of the forum is okay, as long as the post that bumps it is relevant to the discussion
From Forums Laws 2.0^

Anyway, what purpose would your idea serve? I see no reason why the current event system is inadequate. All the portals have the same id as Mike stated, and the botter can not make a bot that can distinguish between the portals.
If it wasn't inadequate, then why would he be asking for suggestions/ideas to improve it?

A bot can get lucky. It's a 25% to get it right, and they get 2 tries.

However, if someone sets an autotyper, it will continue typing the phrase for however long they want it to, and they can also set the intervals between each phrase(what the bot types). Therefore, if they set it for 1 phrase per 5 minutes, there's a good chance the account will be jailed before even getting into the random event. On the other hand, if they set it for 1 phrase per 15 minutes, the autotyper will most likely be too slow, and the account will be killed by the demon, jailed, etc.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:26 am

This thread is over 3 months old.

Also, it's not 25% to get it right. The number of portals on the island varies all the time.

Even if it was 25%, most of the time the bot would not get it right.

Dovah
Premium Donator

Post by Dovah » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 am

Haydenn wrote:Image
This thread is over 3 months old.

Also, it's not 25% to get it right. The number of portals on the island varies all the time.

Even if it was 25%, most of the time the bot would not get it right.
Hmm is it really? Well, shit. Don't worry I'll check the date of the thread next time I decide to post on an important thread like this :P

Well most, but not all. Extra security is always preferred, is it not?

Better safe than sorry, as people say.